Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Teens off the derech

dmrosalim

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 7:39 am
I would like to start a chat about how to handle kids off the derech. I have a teenage son who is TOTALLY off and it is destroying my household. I am not sure how to handle him. It is a complicated situation...but I am curious if there are other blogs out there regarding this issue.

imasinger

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 9:05 am
Hugs, OP. That sounds like a really tough situation. I wish you much hatzlacha, and hope you find some good advice here.

shanie5

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 2:40 pm
There is a private forum here for extremely rebellious kids. Why don't you join it?

mrs chilly

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 3:15 am
I have a teenage daughter at risk who goes to shool at of town I feel like my whole world is upside down especially when my younger children try to copy her like singing songs that they hear her singing I totally understand u if u hear of any good support groups please let me know

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 3:18 am
mrs chilly wrote:
I have a teenage daughter at risk who goes to shool at of town I feel like my whole world is upside down especially when my younger children try to copy her like singing songs that they hear her singing I totally understand u if u hear of any good support groups please let me know
mrs chilly, welcome to imamother. I see that this was your first post. when posting things, please look at the dates when a thread was started. this thread is two years old.

Happy Imamothering!!!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 10:10 am
"Extremely Rebellious-Off the derech kids" ~ click on 'usergroups' at the top of the page & ask to join

it exists ~ we just need more impetus from people like you

bubbebia

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 1:26 pm
Every parent and every teacher should be required to read "Off the Derech" by Faranak Margolese. Tremendous insights into the issue of why kids go off.

angelinheaven

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 1:40 pm
You can get in touch with Avi Fishoff for his twisted parenting manual etc.

Or you can reach out to Rabbi Horowitz for further advice and assistance.

http://www.rabbihorowitz.com/index.cfm

Good luck!

mrs chilly

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 9:46 pm
Where do u click in user groups I didn't see it at the top of the pagd

amother

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 3:27 am
When requesting to join the rebellious teen private forum (or any private forum), how do mods determine if you can be included? Do they see your personal info? If you post anonymously, can the mods see what your username is? I'm a private person, so anonymity, especially with sensitive issues, is really important to me.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:38 pm
you'd have to have a level of trust in them & they in you - in order to ask to join ... after you can post anonymous & nobody will know which rebel is which ...

Sherri

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:43 pm
angelinheaven wrote:

Good luck!
What does the bolded mean?

shanie5

Post Sat, Oct 26 2013, 11:18 pm
amother wrote:
When requesting to join the rebellious teen private forum (or any private forum), how do mods determine if you can be included? Do they see your personal info? If you post anonymously, can the mods see what your username is? I'm a private person, so anonymity, especially with sensitive issues, is really important to me.

You need to request to be admitted to the forum using your username. Once accepted (usually by having a certain number of posts under your username [not amother]), you can post anonymously. Other members of the forum can know only that u are a member by looking at the list of members signed up to that specific forum.

angelinheaven

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 12:56 pm
Sherri wrote:
angelinheaven wrote:

Good luck!
What does the bolded mean?

Avi Fishoff deals with parents who have teens who are struggling with religion. He has a manual for parents to help them deal with this issue. I see that it has already been discussed on imamother so I will just post the link to that thread, feel free to read it for more info http://www.imamother.com/forum.....52983
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics