Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it ok to do this (university related)

amother

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 12:59 pm
I am applying to do two postgraduate courses, two in speech therapy and the other in occupational therapy. I applied online for the two speech therapy ones, and I emailed two professors and they both were very nice and said they were happy to write references for me - send them off online via the link. now these applications are done and I am just waiting to hear a reply. but for the occupational therapy application, the person I had in mind to do the one reference can't do it anymore, so I will need to ask one of these two professors again if they wouldn't mind doing it. but this one can't be done online it has to be sent off in the post. do you think it is ok to ask one of them again if they wouldn't mind completing another reference for me?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 1:04 pm
yeah, it's fine. university teachers are totally used to filling out references, it's like something they expect to be asked by students. pick the one out of the two you want to do it. do they have an office hour where students can come and see them? if so you could either go during the office hour with the reference and say sorry to trouble them but would they mind very kindly filling out another reference for you, take an envelope and stamp so all they would do is fill it out. or you could send them an email and ask them if there is a time you could come to give them the reference and would they mind doing it for you.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 1:08 pm
Email them and ask. It's part of the job. And as another poster said, provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope. And if you can drop it off in person, great.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 1:19 pm
yeah, I think you should email the man/woman BEFORE you turn up with the envelope outside his/her door, and say you would be very grateful if they wouldn't mind filling out the reference for you, could they give you a convenient time to pop by. if they have an office hour, well they will probably tell you to come during this hour, but still more polite to email beforehand as opposed to just turning up. explain in the email your situation, that you are also applying to the occupational therapy course. I'm sure it will be no prob, hope you get on it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette