Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How safe is your neighborhood?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 6:48 pm
I'm not moving Sad , but this section you could be amother, so I'm posting it here.

How safe is your neighborhood?
How safe is it during the day?
How safe is it at night?
Would you walk alone at night?
Do you let your children out by themselves? What age?
Do you hide your jewelry?
Do you lock your doors during the day and how many locks?
These are just sample questions and don't have to be answered, it's just to give the gist.

I was thinking of this topic while walking home from the mikva that's 5-6 blocks from me at 10 at night. I was nervous, but not too. Then I was thinking of not posting it until while out today in the middle of the afternoon with lots of people around, this guy pulled my necklace off Exploding anger Crying . I was told not to wear the necklace because someone might pull it off especially someone on a motorcycle, it was not done by someone on a motorcycle, but what's the point of having it if I don't wear it. This is besides the point and what's done is done and he'll get what's coming to him. I only let my 12 and 13 year old out by themselves, but only during the day and not on sunday or legal holidays. There are always people around except those days. It's almost like a ghost town and IMO less safe. My mil who lives in a building that needs to be opened with a key, locks her door when she's home with 2 locks and her door can't even be opened without a key. I don't. We live in the same type of building and same kind of door knob. I only lock it at night with two locks because it's there, so why not use it. I might have portrayed where I live like an unsafe place, but it's really not. I would call it safe just watch your surroundings Wink .

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 11:02 am
How safe is your neighborhood? imo really bh
How safe is it during the day? totally
How safe is it at night? almost totally?
Would you walk alone at night? yes except parks or dark places
Do you let your children out by themselves? What age? I see kids 5+ alone but I'm paranoid
Do you hide your jewelry? no way
Do you lock your doors during the day and how many locks? my door locks itself when closed, but the building is so secured that I smts leave it open mamash- there is just a key lock

I'm so sorry for what happened!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating