Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Putting twins in seperate classes?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 12:08 pm
At what age/grade did you seperate your twins if at all? And how did it work out?

Annie

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 12:44 pm
I separated my boys starting in 1st grade. It has worked out well so far except when you have a stronger teacher in one class and not the other. I actually considered moving one of my boys this year for limudei chol, but he's doing okay and it wouldn't be good for his brother if they were in the same class. One is more socially adept and one is more academically inclined, so they work better separated for now. One year in camp they were in separate "bunks," and this year I'm not sure what I'm doing with them.

SML

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 12:53 pm
I am a twin. We were together all the school years. We only separated in Seminary when we were in separate classes.
I missed having her in my class, then!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 1:00 pm
I'm the OP. SML Very interesting! The thing is my twins are together now and their teacher thinks we should seperate them next year (kindergarten). just wanting to know others experiences. they don't know of anything different than being together.. and part of me thinks I should seperate them sooner than later, because most educators feel that it is best for them at some point, and might only get harder - for example who do you decide to switch out of their class of it's the same class?

if anyone else can share their experiences with this, I would appreciate it! thanks!

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 1:26 pm
I separated mine in gan chova, because one needed a special language program and one needed a regular program, but even if they had both been in the same type of gan, I would have separated them that year. I always said I wouldn't separate them "stam," but their teacher at 4 gave me very good reasons to separate them. Here they keep the same class from 1st through 6th grade, so in any case I would have separated them in first. For us it has worked out very well.

Hodu Lashem

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 1:27 pm
My twins were together in play group and we seperated them in kindergarten. There was never any question to us that they needed to be seperated as we didn't want teachers to compare them and have one come up lacking. I was probably more nervous about it than they were. They just accepted it and it has been that way ever since!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more