Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Photos: My Mimi sheitel and Me:)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 6:09 pm
There has been lots of curiosity here about Mimi's 100% human hair sheitels for only $275, so I thought I'd share a few photos. I just got it washed and cut today. This is the #4 color $275 sheitel. (Julia at About Faces cut it, for the benefit of those of you in Baltimore! That was $75.) By the way, Julia also works at a sheitel macher, and she said that the only difference she could see between this wig and others that are much more expensive, is that the scalp part does not extend as far out to the sides and as far back as it commonly does on other wigs. To me, that's a small price to pay for saving hundreds of dollars:)

To contact Mimi directly, like her FB page; you'll see her info there: https://www.facebook.com/MimisLooks

I decided to get it curled. The sheitel also looked great (very much like my hair used to look!) when it was straight, before she curled it.

(I remembered that some of you wanted to see the back, so I took this photo in the mirror:)

mimishkl

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 6:27 pm
TAP! You look amazing! Thank you. I'm extremely greatfull you are the best marketer a business can ever want.

Chloe

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 6:30 pm
Beautiful hair, beautiful style and a pretty face to go with it. You look amazing!!!!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 6:45 pm
Thanks!

I ADORE the concept of affordable sheitels almost as much as I adore the (as of yet unattainable) concept of affordable tuition! And until I figure out how to tackle all the problems of cost of living in our frum society, I can at least help people earn more money... tackling one problem at a time:)

db815

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 8:32 pm
you look gorgeous beautiful stunning!! seriously! any updates on blondes?? im dying for one:(

shev143

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 10:02 pm
Will be ordering one after pesach!
It looks great ! Enjoy it!

monkey

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 10:25 pm
It looks so nice..wear it in good health...I just saw a few minutes ago that she posted the pics on fb...u r making me want to get one even more now!!1

Chloe

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 12:47 am
TAP I'd be willing to join you in a cause dedicated to ending the practice of highway robbery prices on shaitels. If I'd only have the time I'd open a website and totally dedicate myself to it.

I've seen and heard so many horror stories with people saving up money for years for a brand new shaitel and ending up with a lemon. This keeps happening time and again with so many women and it just doesn't make sense.

I will definitely be spreading the word about Mimi's looks. The shaitels looks really beautiful and it gives so many women the opportunity of looking beautiful with a new wig, something that many women probably were desperate to be able to purchase but couldn't until now.

imamiri

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 12:59 am
Beautiful sheitel on a beautiful woman!

You are awesome to work hard to let women know they do not need to take out a small personal loan to get a nice looking sheitel!

smile85

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 8:56 am
I've only heard good things thus far!
I hope she has the right color for me etc...yours looks great!
My MIL thinks I'm being tricked...but I think she'll end up wanting one! Wink

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 12:16 pm
Isn't it interesting how people really believe that you really "get what you pay for"? I just spoke to a friend in Israel who has very little money and is desperate for a new sheitel. Guess what she said to me: "I'm sure it won't last more than a few months, and you'll soon regret that you didn't spend more on a good sheitel!" She's in Israel! She didn't see the sheitel IRL; she didn't touch it! She just assumes that if your sheitel macher sells you an expensive piece, that definitely means that it's worth all the money you're being charged! And that if you buy a budget-friendly wig, you will have a useless mop on your hands within a few short months!

I actually got 2 Mimis, and today I got my pony wig cut. I put it down in a half pony with a clip. Will post photos later. It feels silky and wonderful!

black sheep

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 12:20 pm
wow it looks gorgeous! I cannot believe that is 275! it is a shame she doesn't have blonde, I'd order one today. we need more affordable sheitel businesses opening and operating, and I agree with you that we need more affordable schools too Smile enjoy your new sheitel!

sima

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 1:33 pm
Wow, beautiful. I have a mimi too, just got it 2-3 weeks ago and I love it. This is exactly how I want mine to be styled but you said this is in Baltimore. Well, if anyone has any suggestions on NY or Bklyn stylists that would do this for me I'd love to hear. And again even if you wear the mimi straight it looks good too.

LisaS

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 1:44 pm
In Israel it is really true most of the time that you get what you pay for.

Great that you are able to get a good deal on a sheitel and look gorgeous!

EstherHaMalka

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 2:05 pm
Just curious, and you can post after Y"T - how long do the curls/style last? I bought a cheap shaitel a couple years ago and it's so straight and limp. The style really doesn't last that long at all. $275 is a real bargain, but only if it doesn't look it after 2 days of wear.

Is there a difference between the "pony" and a full shaitel? if yes, What are the differences?

freidasima

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 2:21 pm
It's really beautiful. What colors do you carry? I need kind of out of the ordinary, 32/33...most don't carry it...

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 2:34 pm
I was told that with a hat a blend sheitel looks nicer than all human so I got 2 blend sheitels 80% human & 20% synthetic. (Yaffa Broadway - for $550!!! [or $525 not sure] that's what the sheitel machers charge here) when I got married over 2 years ago and by now they look terrible. I need to wash and set it every 2 tops 3 weeks for me to look normal and clean. or else it looks like I cut the hair off a scarecrow! LOL
My shabbos sheitel was only $600 (all human - price included wash/cut/set )and its beautiful. wash it twice a year and always looks good. (good enough for me Wink)

I DESPERATELY NEED a new everyday sheitel (at least one) but I don't have the $1,200 to replace my two everyday sheitels.

I wear a hat over my sheitel. would this be good?

do you know where I can buy this in willi? I'm medium / dark brown... would like to see the colors before ordering / buying of course....

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:38 pm
I will keep you posted as to how the curls and everything else lasts over time.

So far, Mimi only has medium and dark brown- colors 2 and 4. She's working on expanding her color selection.

These sheitels can be worn as a pony or down. Mimi has a $360 sheitel which is shoulder-length and is thicker.

This is my pony sheitel; I ordered 2 of these wigs; one to wear wavy and one to wear straight and in a pony. Here's photos of this wig up and down:

Factory Girl

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 7:06 pm
im glad this wig is workin gout great for you, im sorry I cant be more enthusiastic, but since I REALLY need a blond wig and this miri doesnt have any blond shades, im a bit sad:(

good for you though:)

shev143

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 7:08 pm
TaP Did I understand Mimi that the wig is the same..you just had them styled differently?
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels