Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Photos: My Mimi sheitel and Me:)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 10:27 pm
I said at the beginning, and I'll say again- IMHO, this Mimi is on par with my $600 Milano. They both look good in a pony. They both need a lot of TLC to be worn down, meaning they need to be pretty much freshly blown - then they look good down, but only for a few days.

I can tell the difference between the Mimi or Milano versus my $2K Shevy with just one stroke of my finger, even in the dark - definitely not comparable!

I think buying something for 275 that normally sells for 600 is a good deal.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 11:19 pm
My Mimi is a far cry from my Milano. Just saying.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 11:24 pm
groisamomma wrote:
My Mimi is a far cry from my Milano. Just saying.

Is your milano a pony one? Because their other ones are better hair.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 11:26 pm
Sold as a pony but I wear it down. For Shabbos.

smile85

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 11:59 pm
Those of us who have had unpleasant experiences with Mimi aren't too upset with the minor "bashing' going on. And Mimi, we know you're reading this.

Despite the fact that my experience didn't end well, I will say the following: she is up front about where the Sheitel is made, that there isn't a lot if hair, etc. So in that case, she hasn't misled anyone.

Being unable to satisfy unhappy customers (even if it means taking a loss, like real businesspeople do) and speaking to me like I'm 3 years old are her flaws.

But she doesn't promise you the likes of a Shevy.

NewYorkgal31

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 12:10 am
[Being unable to satisfy unhappy customers (even if it means taking a loss, like real businesspeople do) and speaking to me like I'm 3 years old are her flaws. ]

Yup had the same excperince with her and it made me go shock and wonder how in the world she has been doing business thus far as well as wonder how much longer she will last....oh well Rolling Eyes

chevron

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 12:33 am
My sheitel macher recognized the wig right away from some website selling for $80. She bought it to practice cutting.
My mimi feels like barbie doll, a ton of hair fell out, hair is all tangled in the back. It's not the wig that was advertised about.

MamaBear

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 9:10 am
I'd love another one for $80, wonder where that site is Smile I'm serious!

OutATowner

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 9:36 am
Quote:
I'd love another one for $80, wonder where that site is Smile I'm serious!

Me too! I would love one to wear in the rain, etc, and take extra care of the other. But you just can't have it both ways with one sheitel.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Sep 08 2012, 11:58 pm
Just started wearing my mimi for work-washed and dried according to the instructions and looked nice (not beautiful), wore it 4 days (!) and it needs a rewash. Knotted and clumpy and if I move my head to the right, the hair stays to the right, look down and the hair stays pointed in the air. Not funny! And I'm the one that washed my other weekday shaitels only every 6-8 weeks!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 12:07 am
I just want to say that I haven't been in touch with Mimi in months.

And now that I've had it a while,, that it's an okay pony sheitel. Excellent for traveling on vacation where you'll be doing lots of outdoor activities and don't want to ruin an expensive sheitel. It's okay as a pony sheitel for 110 degree Baltimore humid days, doesn't friz. But it definitely needs a lot of TLC to be worn down. At least this is my personal experience.

I'd also love to know where the poster above's sheitel macher can get these for 80!

smile85

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 12:38 am
TaP-
Yeah id like to know too...
Yours looked great at first though - better than mine started out.
Mine started out bad! :/
good luck!

pumpkinsbubby

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 10:32 am
I know this forum is a year old. Just came across it, and was wondering if a year later you are still satisfied with the wig? Any comments a year later?

MamaBear

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 11:15 am
A year later? Is anyone still wearing theirs a whole year later? It looked like a witch's wig after 2 washes and has been in my closet ever since, to be worn in the future perhaps on Purim. The main problem was actually the cap - after 2 weeks it started bumping up on top, the bangs too....and no amount of flattening at night on the sheitel head would get it to lay flat on my own head. All this after a few weeks of ownership. Never buy a sheitel without a proper warranty!

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 11:23 am
pumpkinsbubby wrote:
I know this forum is a year old. Just came across it, and was wondering if a year later you are still satisfied with the wig? Any comments a year later?

My friends one lasted until the first wash ....I was so embarrassed for promoting the product . I say avoid the loss and buy something from a reputable seller .

groisamomma

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 12:13 pm
NO NO NO NO NO Run run run as fast as you can! This sheitel was a disaster. Mine was useful for about a week and a half after a wash.

mimishkl

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 1:32 pm
Hi sorry to hear how many of you feel I ripped them off. Honestly I wear mine in pony and I have sheitel machers that wear it while they work. But we all wear it pinned up. Pony, up do, bun etc. now this wig costs $275. My new line it European hair. I STAND behind them 6 MONTHS.

Was just thinking that since I know how to wash and take care of it. I will do your wash n sets for $25 ship it and I mail it back. Pm me for my address.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 2:06 am
Do you really think any of us are going to take you up on the wash and set?

Granted, I was an idiot. I tried on your sample and then received something TOTALLY DIFFERENT in the mail several days later.

How do I know you're sending back mine after the wash and set? Oh, right. Because no other sucker wants it.

chavs

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 8:46 am
I have never owned a Mimi but seeing as it keeps being compared to the Milano Pony I wanted to add that my previous Milano pony lasted for about 5 years. I had to add hairs at some point but not a lot and that was after a few years. I was very happy with my milano.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 9:13 am
Someone who's sorry to hear that she ripped off a whole slew of women doesn't ask for more money. But why am I not shocked?
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels