Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Greek Yogurt help

AZmom09

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 3:14 am
I really like greek yogurt. Its considered a really healthy food and very high in protein. Since I am in israel they don't sell it here and I usually make it myself by taking 0% plain yogurt and straining it for 10 hours till its greek yogurt.
Thing is, its a real pain to do!
The other day I mistakenly bought 1/2% gvina levana. Its thick just like greek yogurt, pretty high in protein too, low in calories, but it seems to be high in sodium. Anyone know if there is a low sodium kind? Is it really a big deal that it is high in sodium? I made some mixed with cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and truvia and it tastes like chocolate mousse. It's so good! But I don't know if its still so healthy.
Any ideas?

pooh42

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 7:23 am
Hi. I know this was posted a while ago and not sure if you are still in Israel, but wanted you to know you can find greek yogurt in Rami Levy. I have started buying it there. Hope that helps.

Chaya613

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 10:38 am
I saw in today's Hamodia that Norman's released a Cholov Yisroel Greek Yogurt. I am also very excited to start cooking with it.
Does anyone have any really good recipes to make with it?
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking