Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Yet another magazine announcement...
1  2  Next

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 9:06 am
hi folks,

it has come to my attention that not everyone knows about our magazine-to-be.

we are in the process of creating a free online magazine. this will be a little off the beaten path, but should be lots of fun. I would like to have the women on this site author the articles/stories. all you need to submit a story/article is an original piece and an email address.

if you would like to submit a piece, please send it to

outofthebluemagazine@gmail.com

as an attachment. please include your title and name/pseudonym in the attachment itself. subject line is up to you.

Thank you.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:59 pm
bumping this thread in order to nudge people:

nudge, nudge.

enneamom

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:01 pm
I'm really excited for the new mag! Any idea of what is needed?

gp2.0

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:03 pm
I keep meaning to write something for you...

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:04 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
I keep meaning to write something for you...

ahem. nudge, nudge.

nudge.

nicole81

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:07 pm
what types of stories are you looking for? are there any length or other specifications?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:10 pm
enneamom wrote:
I'm really excited for the new mag! Any idea of what is needed?

ok, right now I just need people to write.

the submissions do not have to be jewish in nature, but do have to be appropriate.

I'd like some more creative pieces. I'm lacking fiction right now.

we need divrei torah, and perhaps some informative non-fiction articles.

anything out of the ordinary is welcome, just make sure it is appropriate and moral.

if there are any photographers out there who would like to offer their services, we do need some photos.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:11 pm
I think I'll write a funny poem this time around. Will be easier and faster than a story and I need to practice my rhyming and rhythm.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:19 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
I think I'll write a funny poem this time around. Will be easier and faster than a story and I need to practice my rhyming and rhythm.

poetry section is full for the first edition. all the poets took advantage of the first few days of submissions Smile

back to square one, gp2.0.

where's that paranormal piece?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:21 pm
nicole81 wrote:
what types of stories are you looking for? are there any length or other specifications?

I'm looking for well-written, proper english (you can leave a few mistakes for the editors...) and enjoyable to read. you can submit something long, but it will be broken up as a serial if used. (nothing over 5 parts, I think.)

I don't intend to have themes, so I leave topics up to the authors. I'd like to have a variety in each edition.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:27 pm
oh, I forgot to mention book reviews. I'd like some of those. if you want to review a secular book, feel free to. but please include mention of any language/violence/bedroom scenes/religious overtones that a frum reader may want to know about before reading it. if you can, list pages/chapters.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 12:07 am
What's the word count on short stories? Or serials?

sunny90

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 4:27 am
mummiedearest wrote:

if there are any photographers out there who would like to offer their services, we do need some photos.

What kind of photos?

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 11:13 am
sunny90 wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:

What kind of photos?

to be determined by the content of each edition. nature/scenic photography will probably be useful. kids at play, interesting faces, etc. if you want to be asked for photos as needed, let me know, I'll make a note of it.

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 11:17 am
gp2.0 wrote:
What's the word count on short stories? Or serials?

that's a wonderful question. I'm not sure. this will all be on a blog, so consider how much you'd be willing to read in one blog post.

this is all being done with no publishing experience, so bear with my lack of number knowledge. if the editors want to whittle it down, I will contact you and work with you on it.

Pineapple

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 11:44 am
Any room for ads Smile

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 12:02 pm
Pineapple wrote:
Any room for ads Smile

unfortunately, no. this is not a money making venture, and the magazine itself is enough to deal with.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Aug 05 2012, 9:52 am
bumping again. get writing, folks...

tzila

Post Sun, Aug 05 2012, 10:01 am
Are you, by any chance, looking for any proofreaders for all of those articles? Smile

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Aug 05 2012, 10:15 am
tzila wrote:
Are you, by any chance, looking for any proofreaders for all of those articles? Smile

I have a bunch, but welcome more. if you want to be a proofreader, you can pm me an email address. I'll forward you some copy. I'd like to send all proofreaders emails at once, so please provide an address that is ok for mass emails. the others will be able to see your address.

thanks.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room