Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Chizuk Please!!!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 2:42 am
Just found out I'm pregnant with twins!!! Freaking out a little.

All and any chizuk would be great...

hila

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 3:36 am
This is why Hashem gives us about 8-9 months of pregnancy - it gives you time to get used to the concept of two babies.

When Leah (wife of Yakov) heard she had a 3rd child - she called him Levi - because now her husband would accompany her (she already had her hands full with two. he would have to carry number 3)

BeH you will get lots of help and support from family and friends. Let things go and rest as much as you can . Carrying two is not easy.

Beshaa tova

rac429

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 6:33 am
Yayayayayayaya for twins. I just had a set 5 months ago and it is awesome. Don't freak out....you have plenty of time to prepare. It didn't really hit me until I had to light an extra two candles the first Shabbat I was home from the hospital. So far my babies are a joy and are growing so quickly. Just take it easy. A twin pregnancy is different from a singleton and unfortunately I was put on bed rest at 30 weeks to prevent premature labor. I think if I had taken it easier I may not have needed that but I am a very active person and have a hard time slowing down plus I had a 2 1/2 year old to run after Very Happy. Just take it easy and I hope you have two healthy babies in 9 months.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 7:05 am
While I don't have twins myself, I have many close family members who do. They are all thrilled with their double bracha, but one piece of advice I would give you is to start saving money now for help the first year. Life can be very very hectic- get ready for that. And try to seek women who are/have done this so they can help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I know a cousin of mine resented it when people just told her how awesome their twins were, and when she was having a difficult time she felt so invalidated and thought she was just a non-coper- why could they do it when she couldn't?

It's difficult for the short-term but awesome in the long-term. That first year does end!!

freidasima

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 7:24 am
Bisha'a tova! You just saved yourself a pregnancy!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 7:40 am
That is so exciting! I am also BH expecting twins. It is def a much more difficult preg and my stomach is enormous but it is a real bracha. Take it easy and make sure to take care of yourself. I cannot wait to deliver!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 7:50 am
I have twins and B"H it's amazing. Yes it has it's own set of challenges but it's a huge bracha and really special!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 10:36 am
I have one set of 2 1/2 yr old twins, and pregnant with a second set. One piece of advice-don't be scared to accept any and all help that people offer. Twins is an amazing experience, they are really great. I wont deny there is something to the saying double trouble-but definitely worth it all

Undefined

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 11:40 am
Yes, it will be hard in the beginning especially and you should get help, but when they are a bit older they will always have a friend, they will keep each other busy and certain things will actually be easier then. Its such an amazing thing to see them develop together and yet so differently, they are very lucky to have each other I'H!

Sherri

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
I have one set of 2 1/2 yr old twins, and pregnant with a second set. One piece of advice-don't be scared to accept any and all help that people offer. Twins is an amazing experience, they are really great. I wont deny there is something to the saying double trouble-but definitely worth it all
Wow!!

Hatzlacha to you and OP- bsha'a tova umitzlachas!

tovasara

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 6:28 am
Not double trouble - twice as nice!!!!

yes, very hard when they are babies. it gets harder when they are toddlers, then easier. much easier.

B'shaa Tova!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 12:08 pm
OP here.

Thanks everyone. Twin mommies: did you start showing very early??

ellie23

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 5:24 pm
I never had a single baby- just twins so I dont know what early is but I started showing at 4 months along. I think the most significant difference between my pregnancy and those pregnant with singletons was my exhaustion. that was actually the fist symptom I had and it was very intense!

twins are so beautiful! I am envious of you because you are just at the beginning of such an amazing journey- id do it all again if I cud!

I tell this to all newly expecting twin moms- there are 3 books you MUST read. they jelped me so much!

1. ready or not here we come by elizabeth lyons
2. raising twins from pregnancy to preschool by shelly flais
3. healthy sleep habits, happy twins by marc weissbluth.

they have tons of tips on how to resolve twin-specific parenting challenges!

remember: if god gave them to you- you can definitely handle it! and dont hesitate to repeat this to yourself when your twinnies are getting tough on you (I know I do!)

b'shaah tovah- pm me anytime with questions!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 5:40 pm
I have twins, they're almost 3 kah. First year was TOUGH! But it gets easier ..... Started showing by the 3 months already!!! Good luck...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more