Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Is there anything I should know about klausenberg

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 10:05 am
My family is Satmar and I just started to send my daughter to Klausenberg school. I am really happy b''h, so is she. My question is is there anything or any minhag, chumros, or just behaviors I should know about klausenberg bec. I want to respect their mosod and don't want to be totally clueless and do something against.
anynomous bec. family and friends might figure out my username.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 12:19 pm
as a recent graduate from Klausenberg school I wanted to say hi!

the school is great!

if you have any specific questions I can Pm you

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 12:27 pm
Make sure you read through the guidelines; the things they feel most strongly about will be written there, such as no red, etc.
I also send my little girl there and so far I'm bH really happy!

sunflower1

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 12:29 pm
Hi!!! Welcome to Klausenburg!!! That is my school and my (previous) Chassidus!!! Which Klausenburg.. where in Brooklyn??? You can ask any question. Cant think of anything specific you need to know!!!

bnm

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 4:12 pm
besides the no red nothing else comes to mind

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 4:30 pm
If you send shabbos party etc make sure cake/cookies have fresh eggs.

morahtikvah

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:

why?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
lol y? do you want to eat them?

happy mom1

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 9:12 pm
klausenberg doesn't eat "ibergenechtigtah eiyer" , eggs that are left overnight. I guess some bakeries prepare large amounts of eggs to use a different day.

bnm

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 9:15 pm
happy mom1 wrote:
klausenberg doesn't eat "ibergenechtigtah eiyer" , eggs that are left overnight. I guess some bakeries prepare large amounts of eggs to use a different day.

bakeries can buy eggs prechecked in cans and powder

amother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2012, 10:45 pm
New amother here. Companies and bakeries buy canned eggs and rely on certain heteirim that the Klausenberger Rebbe didn't hold of. He was machmir so I imagine it's a rule in the school.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 10 2012, 12:24 am
Hi. another klausenberger here. I really can't stop laughing. in my times the only kids that ever made an issue over the eggs whether in school or camp were the non-klausenbereg girls. they were the one telling me I wasn't allowed to eat specific goodies (remeber the l'chaim choclate bars anyone? ) lol.
I don't think u need to worry about shabbos party for preschool age children. @ least that's how it was back in the day. or maybe this also has to do "which" location the school is in.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 10 2012, 1:40 am
There is nothing more than what's in the rule book that you need to know. They don't make a big deal at all about canned eggs.
Its a great school!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 10 2012, 2:10 am
It's a very easygoing school. I have a niece there and a lot of nephews in the cheder. I never heard of any of this nonsense.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 10 2012, 2:25 am
I am married to a real Klausenburger. He won't eat lukshen, farfel, kugel, challos, cake, etc, or anything with mayonaise at simchos if he's not possitive that the bakery/company used fresh eggs. Maybe, because the majority of the kids in the school are not Klausenburg the school isn't strict about it. The rebba was very makpid on it and to the amother that isn't makpid on it, just because you do eat ibergenechtigta eiyer doesn't make you right and doesn't make it less of an important chumra.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children