Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Any one had an asian hair shaitel?

Redbird

Post Thu, Oct 11 2012, 8:53 pm
I am considering getting a wig that I will only wear straight, so I'm wondering if I should save money by getting asian hair instead of european.

Does anyone have any experience with asian hair wigs? Are they long lasting? Which shaitel macher or company has good ones? Are they able to hold if I style them with a slight flip?

btw I have dark brown hair, but not chinese dark

TIA

Bella:D

Post Thu, Oct 11 2012, 9:41 pm
I have a sheina, Im happy with it but I dont wear it every day, the price was good so I, happy with it.
It did get a lot of split ends, still for the price it wasnt bad, I paid 520 for an 18 inch but the prices are a bit higher now.

Mimi's looks is Asian hair if Im not mistaken...

mimimom

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 1:11 pm
Just like with European hair, it depends on the quality. There is great and terrible Asian hair.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 1:32 pm
I think that the Asian hair is more processed than European hair, which tends to be virgin. The more processed the hair is, the less time it will wear for. It tends to oxidize more and may be hard or impossible to dye as it doesn't hold the dye well, and may look straw-like after a year or 2 of wearing. It may need more wash and sets and more often to look human.

thanks

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 2:27 pm
I'm blonde and I find Asian hair sheitels look ok for dark hair only. Blonde Asian hair sheitels look like straw.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 2:54 pm
That's probably because they had to be much more heavily processed to get to that color. I'm blond as well and I've bought some asian hair wigs, but I never expect them to last longer than 3 years. Even after 2 years, they are on their last leg and not really great looking, but ok for a rainy day or under a hat. They do oxidize heavily as well. BUT, they are way cheaper than the European hair ones, at about 1/4 the price, and the European ones don't give me 4 times as much wear, only about double as much. By the time I've had it for 4 years I find I need to send them in for repairs which are costly and they oxidize as well.

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 3:34 pm
I have a dark Asian hair sheital which I love. I have had it for years. I set it slightly to give it a bit of bounce to the ends and the bangs. The hair is so glossy that it falls right into place.

Happy18

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 5:07 pm
My ponytail sheitel is made with asian hair, it looks nice as a ponytail sheitel but its stick straight with zero body unless I have it done. If your blond I would stay away from asian hair, even bleached they tend to look off sometimes even greenish.

Mide7

Post Sat, Oct 27 2012, 10:24 pm
Chaya's Precuts have nice Asian pony wigs, which I wear half up or all down, etc. It has body.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels