Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Spinoff - Teenage Pregnancy Troll
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:27 pm
Spinoff of
Quote:
"Omg!! DD told me last night that she took a pregnancy test and that it came out positive, we are going to the doctor today....what should I do...she is still in High School (beis yaakov...!!) "

There are so many non-Jewish babies for adoption. I was really hoping to get a Jewish baby. Exploding anger

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:37 pm
DH works for Project Extreme, for kids at risk. http://www.projectextreme.org/ AY Weinberg, the founder, has said that he has gotten numerous calls from people like OP who wish to adopt a Jewish baby (born to a Jewish kid at risk) over the years, but it has never worked out for various reasons. (Either there's an abortion or they end up keeping the baby.)

Anyway, wishing OP Hatzlachah and Hugs!!!

enneamom

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:55 pm
People are still responding to the other thread by this troll, about the blog "her DH" started.

Sigh...

amother

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:05 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
DH works for Project Extreme, for kids at risk. http://www.projectextreme.org/ AY Weinberg, the founder, has said that he has gotten numerous calls from people like OP who wish to adopt a Jewish baby (born to a Jewish kid at risk) over the years, but it has never worked out for various reasons. (Either there's an abortion or they end up keeping the baby.)

Anyway, wishing OP Hatzlachah and Hugs!!!

Thanks. I just contacted them and left them my info.

enneamom

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:07 pm
enneamom wrote:
People are still responding to the other thread by this troll, about the blog "her DH" started.

Sigh...

Sorry for hijacking. I misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 2:35 am
I know it is possible because my sil adopted a boy whose mother was a bais yaakov girl who got pregnant in high school.

chani8

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 5:20 am
amother wrote:
Spinoff of
Quote:
"Omg!! DD told me last night that she took a pregnancy test and that it came out positive, we are going to the doctor today....what should I do...she is still in High School (beis yaakov...!!) "

There are so many non-Jewish babies for adoption. I was really hoping to get a Jewish baby. Exploding anger

Make aliya!!

ETA - sorry to be so blunt. What I mean to say is, here in Israel, there are jewish babies that go up for adoption, thru the social services.

oodlesofnoodles

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 5:33 am
I have a friend who found out she was pregnant and I begged her not to have an abortion, I told her I would make sure her baby went to a good home. She finally agreed not to go through with it but then she miscarried...

ora_43

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 5:36 am
chani8 wrote:
amother wrote:
Spinoff of
Quote:

Make aliya!!

ETA - sorry to be so blunt. What I mean to say is, here in Israel, there are jewish babies that go up for adoption, thru the social services.

There are very, very few healthy newborns available for immediate adoption here. Foster children who might someday be available for adoption, or children with illness or disability, yes, but not adoption like OP is hoping for.

Most Israelis who want to adopt a newborn adopt a non-Jewish baby from a foreign country, IIRC.

curlgirl

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 5:38 am
chani8 wrote:
amother wrote:
Spinoff of
Quote:

Make aliya!!

Then why are so many Israeli couples adopting non-Jewish babies from other countries?

Idea

chani8

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 5:55 am
curlgirl wrote:
chani8 wrote:
amother wrote:
Spinoff of
Quote:

Make aliya!!

Then why are so many Israeli couples adopting non-Jewish babies from other countries?

Idea

Do you want the short answer or the long answer? LOL. Put it this way, (pre-approved) foster parents get first dibs on adoption. Babies often first go to foster care here, as most mothers will not sign on the dotted line, and it takes months to get a release for adoption. Foster parents have to be willing to risk not getting to keep the baby. But Israelis who are not willing to be foster parents, and only want to adopt a healthy newborn, may have to wait up to 8 years for a newborn, or go adopt international.

curlgirl

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 6:05 am
chani8 wrote:
curlgirl wrote:
chani8 wrote:
amother wrote:
Spinoff of
Quote:

Make aliya!!

Idea

Do you want the short answer or the long answer? LOL. Put it this way, (pre-approved) foster parents get first dibs on adoption. Babies often first go to foster care here, as most mothers will not sign on the dotted line, and it takes months to get a release for adoption. Foster parents have to be willing to risk not getting to keep the baby. But Israelis who are not willing to be foster parents, and only want to adopt a healthy newborn, may have to wait up to 8 years for a newborn, or go adopt international.

My friend was willing to do anything- foster/ adopt, any race, babies with special needs, addictions etc.

That's how they got an Israeli baby.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 6:40 am
oodlesofnoodles wrote:
I have a friend who found out she was pregnant and I begged her not to have an abortion, I told her I would make sure her baby went to a good home. She finally agreed not to go through with it but then she miscarried...

do you have any idea how we infertiles feel about the fact that pregnant teens (usually) are verbally badgered into giving us babies? pregnant teens/adults, who don't want babies, are not our incubators.

marina

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 9:53 am
As far as I know, it is halachically preferrable to adopt a nonJewish baby because there is definitely no issue with mamzeirus.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 9:56 am
curlgirl wrote:
chani8 wrote:
amother wrote:
Spinoff of
Quote:

Make aliya!!

Idea

beacuse very few unwanted healthy babys are born here.
and as chanie8 said social services discourage adoption and encourage foster care/

ally

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:04 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
oodlesofnoodles wrote:

do you have any idea how we infertiles feel about the fact that pregnant teens (usually) are verbally badgered into giving us babies? pregnant teens/adults, who don't want babies, are not our incubators.

So pregnant teens should automatically have abortions? Noone is ever allowed to help someone see that there are other options?

curlgirl

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:07 am
Chanchy, I was being sarcastic.

In reaction to the suggestion that someone looking to adopt a Jewish baby should "just make Aliyah".

Aliyah is NOT the be-all-and-end-all SOLUTION to everything!!!

chanchy123

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:15 am
curlgirl wrote:
Chanchy, I was being sarcastic.

In reaction to the suggestion that someone looking to adopt a Jewish baby should "just make Aliyah".

Aliyah is NOT the be-all-and-end-all SOLUTION to everything!!!

OOPS.

BTW in Israel frum families have the option of adopting non-Jewish babies born in Israel who are candidates for conversion. So if you're willing to adopt a non-Jewish baby, frum families have an advantage. Most of the babies up for adoption are children of foreign laborers, many African and Asian babies whose parents I guess either don't have access or knowledge of BC and who sadly can't care for them.

Barbara

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:31 am
ally wrote:
vintagebknyc wrote:
oodlesofnoodles wrote:

So pregnant teens should automatically have abortions? Noone is ever allowed to help someone see that there are other options?

The fact that there are families who would be willing to adopt is be a factor that should be considered, but not the sole or the only factor that should be considered when a pregnant teen (or any pregnant woman) is considering her options.

But I am solidly with VintageBkNYC here -- treating these women as incubators (and particularly the woman who seems to think that her money should entitle her to buy a baby) is disgusting. And I speak as someone who would have given almost anything to have a second child, but was never able to do so.

But for all those who think "Well, she's pregnant. Who cares about the potential physical, psychological or social impact upon her of carrying a baby to term; an infertile couple could adopt." Do you ever consider that perhaps instead of using family planning to space children, you should instead have more kids, and give those you weren't planning on up for adoption. Pregnancy is physically difficult? Well, it is for those young women as well. It would be difficult to give up a child, to know he is being raised elsewhere by you don't know who? Ditto. What would you tell people? Uhh, same thing the young women would. Except, of course, you wouldn't have to explain it to a potential spouse. Just a thought.

ora_43

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:36 am
Barbara wrote:
But for all those who think "Well, she's pregnant. Who cares about the potential physical, psychological or social impact upon her of carrying a baby to term; an infertile couple could adopt."

Straw man, much? I don't see a single person saying that.

Quote:
Do you ever consider that perhaps instead of using family planning to space children, you should instead have more kids, and give those you weren't planning on up for adoption.

There's a difference between not aborting an existing pregnancy and choosing to intentionally get pregnant with babies you can't care for.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children