Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Spinoff - Teenage Pregnancy Troll
Previous  1  2  3

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 7:00 am
amother wrote:
From what I understood most women here believe that a sixteen year old girl who has unprotected relations should just suck it up and carry the baby to term for NINE months to give up for adoption.

Why should a naive sixteen year old live with a life of regret based on a few nights of stupidity.

If the reality of a pregnancy already exists, she's likely to have regrets no matter what the final decision. There's no get-out-of-consequences-free option. (Even a natural miscarriage will likely have emotional repercussions.)

You're comparing supporting adoption to saying "just suck it up and carry the baby to term." You could just as easily compare supporting abortion to saying "just suck it up and kill the fetus."

Hopefully nobody is saying either of those things Confused .

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 8:25 am
I'm with "show some compassion to OP" camp.
Personally I see nothing wrong with paying the birth mother, you want call it "buying"? Gezunte heit but there's nothing wrong with it.
Those who think a heter for abortion exists for this scenario please quote your sources. Personally I think any woman would rather live with the consequences of adopting her child out than aborting.
Those crying for the poor 16yo who nebach has to go through a pregnancy - to me that's a natural consequence of her actions. As a parent I believe that children learn best when allowed to experience consequences. If parents weren't scared of really parenting & letting their kids be responsible for their actions then our "imaginary" 16 yo would have thought for herself. Alas she never learnt that her actions have consequences.
To the adoptive amothers you are amazing & your children are so fortunate to have you.

grace413

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 8:56 am
Raisin wrote:
I don't understand how a man can be payed for donating sperm (which exacts no physical toll on his body) but a woman cannot be payed for giving up a baby. Anyone who has been lucky enough to be pregnant knows that pregnancy exacts a huge toll on a womans body, (plus an risk to her life) and asking a 16 year old girl to do this to herself is a huge thing.

I think covering reasonable expenses for missed education, medical costs etc should certainly be allowed.

Not an expert but I believe the payment for donating sperm is not substantial - although perhaps if it's done on a regular basis it adds up.

Egg donors, on the other hand, are compensated very well. Egg donations require a significant amount of time, injected medications and another invasive procedure.

Medical costs, the bio mom's regular living expenses (food, clothing, shelter) are all court allowed expenses in the adoption procedure. On an individual basis other expenses are also allowed.

Squishy, I'm sure your info is correct and I'm equally sure that these people are acting illegally. Many people engage in illegal activities without being caught.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children