Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
CZ for ring

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:12 am
My engagement ring was lost soon after my wedding. DH wants to replace it, but I managed to persaude him to do so with a CZ stone rather than diamond. Where can we go to do this? I want the setting to be a gold, prper one.
Thanks

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:40 am
I'm sorry for your loss, but I want to commend you in your wise choice. I think department stores like Macy's sell cz rings in gold settings.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:43 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss, but I want to commend you in your wise choice. I think department stores like Macy's sell cz rings in gold settings.

most jewelry stores also do I think, but I could be wrong.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:32 am
There are upscale costume stores that specialize in this. Post where you are located and maybe we can help.

wife2

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:32 am
http://www.amazon.com/Size--So.....+gold

amazon has real white gold ring cz engagement rings for about $200-$300

penguin

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:37 am
I got a gorgeous one on overstock.com. I don't think it's real gold. But your local jeweler should be able to make you something.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:44 pm
Thank you all so much for your replies. I am in Israel -Jerusalem, but will be in Brooklyn and Lakewood for Yom Tov. Any specific suggestions? The ones I saw on Amazon, and I have a feeling will be in dept. stores, are all big stones. I feel uncomfortable wearing soemthing like that. I don't want it to look fake or like I am "pretending". Pretty much everyone knows I can't afford something like that....
Thanks again

nicole81

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:49 pm
if you're going to be in NY, I'd suggest going to 47th street in manhattan (the diamond district.) there are specific booths within the diamond exchange that sell only high quality cubic zirconia in gold and platinum settings. their stuff looks great because they use the same settings as the jewelers who deal with the real stones, but it's cheaper because you're not buying from a retail store.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 10:08 pm
Are u using the insurance money?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 10:19 pm
nicole81 wrote:
if you're going to be in NY, I'd suggest going to 47th street in manhattan (the diamond district.) there are specific booths within the diamond exchange that sell only high quality cubic zirconia in gold and platinum settings. their stuff looks great because they use the same settings as the jewelers who deal with the real stones, but it's cheaper because you're not buying from a retail store.

Thanks. It was not insured. It was a fairly small stone to begin with.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 7:18 pm
Ashadiamonds.com

no doubt in my mind they r best

wife2

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you all so much for your replies. I am in Israel -Jerusalem, but will be in Brooklyn and Lakewood for Yom Tov. Any specific suggestions? The ones I saw on Amazon, and I have a feeling will be in dept. stores, are all big stones. I feel uncomfortable wearing soemthing like that. I don't want it to look fake or like I am "pretending". Pretty much everyone knows I can't afford something like that....
Thanks again

they may look bigger than they are. what size are you looking for? 1 carat or less? nothing bigger? there may be some places online that customize diamond size and are still cheap

gazingblue

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 8:04 pm
I trust Feldman's jewelry (4821 16 ave) and I would suggest also checking Uniquely Yours (1310 48 Street)-- I've gotten some high quality costume jewelry in gold settings there. Hatzlacha

mommydiaries

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 9:39 pm
608 5th Ave #403, New York
(212) 582-0000

amother

Post Fri, Apr 19 2013, 12:27 am
inspiredsilver.com

The setting will be silver not gold. I change mine from time to time - it's fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics