Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Interesting salad recipes for MM

shalhevet

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 1:43 pm
Does anyone have recipes for interesting salads to send as MM? Preferably cooked etc that can be made a couple of days before (especially as this year is Sunday) or even frozen? The sort of thing which people would much rather get for their seuda than yet another cake...

suomynona

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 4:01 pm
The last time I sent salads, I sent a pasta salad (angel hair/purple cabbage) and marinated vegetable salad. I'll probably do something similar this year.
I never heard of any salads that can be frozen.

klotzkashe

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 5:59 pm
take 3 eggplant and cut into fries type size. drzzle w olive oil and bake for 1 1/2 hours on 350 covered. take out and mash w/ potato masher. Add 5 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 c brown sugar and few squirts of ketchup. Add 2 red peppers diced into large squares. Mix together and bake for another hour on 350 covered. Enjoy!
can be frozen...

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 9:04 pm
I once heard of a coleslaw that could be frozen, but I can't believe it's not better fresh..........

sarahd

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 4:25 am
I am planning to send matbucha and a marinated vegetable salad.

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 11:55 am
Take an eggplant and prick it with a fork in 3 places. Put in on a sheet of paper towel into the microwave for about 18 minutes. When it’s all wrinkled and floppy, take it out. Scoop out the parts and into a hand lender or something like a vegetable chopper (or food processor). Add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, some salt and pepper. Sometimes I do garlic, and sometimes only scallions, never both. I love the scallions version, so exotic! This whole thing takes half a minute to do. Deliver it with garlic breadsticks and cherry tomatoes, yum!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics