Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Need Nap Advice!

avigayil

Post Fri, May 13 2005, 5:07 pm
Hello All,

I have started the weaning process for my 1 year old.
The problem is, nap time is really a problem.
I used to nurse him to sleep in my bed for nap time. Now, he gets hysterical when I try to lay him down for a nap. The afternoon feeding is the only one I have taken way.
He will even fall asleep in the stroller, but when I pick him up to bring him inside, he'll wake up as I am putting him in the crib and scream his head off. Mad I know he is really tired, rubbing eyes and yawning but he'll scream non-stop until I go in to get him.
Any ideas?

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, May 13 2005, 5:08 pm
why don't u try leaving him sleep in the stroller, for his afternoon nap?

avigayil

Post Sat, May 14 2005, 9:33 pm
We live in an apartment. Bringing a stroller upstairs, with him in it, is really hard to do.

stem

Post Sat, May 14 2005, 10:53 pm
That happened to my son around one year old.

When he started screaming hysterically, I just calmly took him out of his crib and let him play. After a while I would try again... etc. There were a couple of days that he literally did not take naps, and was raving tired. After a few days he agreed to take naps again, but since then he only takes one nap a day, instead of two. I think he was going through a transition stage and had serious separation anxiety. Holding him, cuddling him, being there for him was the best way to reassure him and ease him through this difficult stage.

Remember, this too shall pass Very Happy

supermom

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 6:30 am
why did you stop that feeding for? couldn't you have stopped a different one first if you know he has a problem with that one. try the morning feeding or the late afternoon feeding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics