Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Why am I so nervous?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 11:56 am
DD3 and I are having the first interview soon. It's probably going to be the first of a few, please G_d, if we can even get past the first "What was your maiden name? Where does your husband daven?" questions I get asked on the phone.
I always promised myself I wouldn't be pushy, stage-mother type. All I can think of is "please G_d just let her get into a school we love and that brings out the best in her" and wonder how I can facilitate the process.

Why does the application process for girls' schools in monsey make me so stressed? Chizuk, please!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 12:07 pm
When my DD was ready to go to school we applied to school because "everyone" goes there. We werent living in Monsey that long to figure out what type of school it is. We were rejected and it hurt.

Now looking back it was the best thing ever. I can be the person I am, so can my family. I dont need to worry that someone will say lashon hara that my skirt it to long or that DD is wearing socks in the summer. I see what my neighbors go through. We ended up in a school that doesnt give US any garbage, but I know others have problems there.

You are really smart for trying a few schools, hopefully one will work out great.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 12:14 pm
OP here.
We'll apply to as many schools as poss that possibly fit our hashkofa just to have a baxk up, if we can even get into any school, that is.
My dd only wears tights. My sheitel is short. I wear no make up. DH wears black and white and has a full beard. We don;t have videos or go to the library. I don;t need to do any pretending about who I am. I just know that the process is so so so hard and schools are so so so so selective!!!!! I'm a wreck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All our little ones should get inbto a school tahat makes them love Hashem and teaches them in a way that gives them the best opportunities in life, plese G_d!!! And all us parents should not have nervous breakdowns!

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.
We'll apply to as many schools as poss that possibly fit our hashkofa just to have a baxk up, if we can even get into any school, that is.
My dd only wears tights. My sheitel is short. I wear no make up. DH wears black and white and has a full beard. We don;t have videos or go to the library. I don;t need to do any pretending about who I am. I just know that the process is so so so hard and schools are so so so so selective!!!!! I'm a wreck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All our little ones should get inbto a school tahat makes them love Hashem and teaches them in a way that gives them the best opportunities in life, plese G_d!!! And all us parents should not have nervous breakdowns!

That's what makes the schools "selective?"

Do the schools care about who the *student* is (other than what she uses to cover her legs), or just how the parents dress/groom themselves?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics