Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
6-month-old on a plane.
Previous  1  2

MrsButterfly

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 4:17 pm
I plan on nursing as much as she'll take. She just has trouble latching sometimes, so I really hope she nurses well on the flight!

MrsButterfly

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 6:39 am
Just found out that the bassinet seat is on a "first come, first serve" basis... Do all airlines do that?

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 7:06 am
I once traveled with a baby on a long flight without a bassinet. Dh was really helpful. I nursed her by departure and arrival I think it helped. Changing her diaper was a pain. Definitely bring extra changes of clothing and double the amount of diapers she usually uses. Good Luck

Beyla

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 7:29 am
MrsButterfly wrote:
Just found out that the bassinet seat is on a "first come, first serve" basis... Do all airlines do that?

Mots of the companies I've used have this system.
And it's a pity that a lot of flights have only 1 bassinet for the all plane.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 3:01 pm
MrsButterfly wrote:

Yes, that's the standard procedure for all airlines I know of. Main reasons are (a) airlines can change the aircraft types at a short notice, which may have different configuration, (b) bassinets are attached to bulkheads in most cases. Bulkhead seats are priority-allocated to frequent flyers with higher tier levels or passengers who pay premium/full fare. Just consider yourself lucky if you manage to get one.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 6:51 pm
MrsButterfly wrote:

Depends on the airline and how many kids they have flying on that flight.
Only once I had an issue with american airlines that they claimed I didnt confirm, I did. They had bassinet seats which they gave to a young couple I was pretty angry but they gave me points and money for the whole thing.
Definitely get there early and request by check in and again by gate. If they cant give you an actual bassinet they should still give you bassinet seats, meaning bulkhead.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 6:58 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Yes, that's the standard procedure for all airlines I know of. Main reasons are (a) airlines can change the aircraft types at a short notice, which may have different configuration, (b) bassinets are attached to bulkheads in most cases. Bulkhead seats are priority-allocated to frequent flyers with higher tier levels or passengers who pay premium/full fare. Just consider yourself lucky if you manage to get one.

Yup. I've been on flights to Israel with multiple infants and none in bassinets- other passengers got those seats. They always tell me that no matter what I was told by the booking agent, there are absolutely no guarantees.

MrsButterfly

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 12:07 am
Ugh. Wish me luck!

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 6:32 am
Can I ask what airline you are flying?

MrsButterfly

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 11:56 am
Virgin Atlantic. Leaving to the airport in about an hour and a half! *gulp*

:: hides in the closet ::

bnm

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 3:08 pm
how was the flight?

MrsButterfly

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 6:07 pm
Didn't fly yet. At the airport now. I forgot my American passport at home! I brought my Israeli one by mistake. Waiting for someone to bring it.

I gave Ahuva a pacified for the first time to try it before the flight and she loves it! She took it right away. Hopefully the flight will go well.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Feb 06 2014, 5:40 pm
Oh I never flew Virgin but they are supposed to be really good with kids and all.

Good luck!! Safe flight!!

ps: I always say expect the worst, hope for bad and then you will be happy with whatever happens!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating