Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Who shaves during Sefira
Previous  1  2

S.Shcwartz

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 12:39 pm
Hey why can't I get a fund too? I need at least 10,000 for a BODY LASER!

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 3:25 pm
One of my favorite "side effects" of being pg is that I get less unwanted body hair.....

ie. Normally I'm glad I wear longer sleeves for more than just the "mitzvah" of being tznius.....

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 3:58 pm
withhumor wrote:
I’m collecting money for a fund, this will go for purple’s laser treatment. Purple, I bumped into my friend who used to shave twice a day (pcos) and she looks like the se**iest lady today, lost some weight, got 2 new sheitels, and laser on her face!

I want it I want it want it to happen for you, and you deserve it, but you don’t deserve the bills! About $150 for 15 minutes, figure about $2,000 to get it done once and for all. What do you say? This is not a ‘nebach case collection’ this is a dream come true for anyone!

There is currently $13.65 in there, my own donation
Click here to make a donation!

OMG!!!! This is really embarrasing.. but I had to lafff.

Hmmm... ok, here's the thing..
Yes, I have pcos. I have posted about this shaving thing quite a few times.
electrolysis doesn't work for me, I used to do it, but the lady who did said she doesnt want to do it anymore. she would work 1 and a half hours on my chin only, and by the time she finished, she already saw new roots and 2 days later the ones she worked on were back.
it's hormonal and it will come back.. I'm not that a big believer in the laser, I'm afraid it will never be permanant for me, I'm on medication to reduce it but so far it hasnt helped.
I tried waxing, bleaching, and electrolysis, and I always had the same results, back in 2 days, same dark, same coarse, so I decided to go with shaving, since it's the easiest, quickest, most painless (painfree) and cheapest way of doing it.
And I HATE 2 day yom tov. bec. it grows back and I can't do a/thing about it.

Ok, withhumor, I really appreciate you doing this for me.. and you can keep collecting.. but give it another name, not laser fund.. bec. I ain't gonna use it for laser.. believe me, I have enough things I can use it for, I need to buy a new computer, I need to fix my old hard drive, I need to go to the dentist.. all of which are very important for me..

so if you really want to do it, Kol Hakavod..

Thanx Again!!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 3:59 pm
oh withhumor, I forgot to say;
You know I won't be getting nice sheitels and you know that I'm never gonna look s*** or pretty for that matter. even if I lost weight (which is also going very slowly btw).

withhumor

Post Sat, Apr 14 2007, 10:16 pm
No way jose! Laser is the way to go. I wouldn’t get so pushy if I wouldn’t have see her with my own eyes. She’s been through the needles and drugs, and now she’s been sparkling for over a year AND had a baby in that time too, so hormones did NOT bring it back! If you give me the go ahead, if you try just ONE square inch and see it stay clear for 3 months, I think you’ll want to do more… eh ? then I’ll market this fund anonymously for a ‘cause’ and see what happens. Vat u say?

amother

Post Sat, Apr 14 2007, 10:25 pm
I will add to the funds, only if it does go the laser treatment for other stuff you can earn the money yourself puzzel.

withhumor

Post Sat, Apr 14 2007, 10:38 pm
Amother, I am happy to hear it. be assured I will post the updated amount shere and I will hold on to it dearly for when the time is right. I will also find out if there’s a laser treatment center nearby that will offer for a reduced cost, due to the nature of the treatment (numerous visits, huge costs…) you never know!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 12:47 pm
hmmm. I really don't know.. the transportation might cost, and what about time?? can you collect time in your fund as well?

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 12:48 pm
Oy vey now we need a time fund. I sent you some email with info, I’m awaiting your response, ok?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 1:03 pm
You sent me a second email? or one? bec. one I alerady answered.

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 1:04 pm
A few. Thanks.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 1:05 pm
I'll go check now.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 1:07 pm
Wow! really a few.. let me go read them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics