Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Hate my job, but I have no skill

Never give up

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:16 am
I am currently working as a secretary but I hate my job, it's so boring, I want to do something that I will feel I accomplish, where I can try new ideas, like makeup artist, photography, design, but I have no skill, and I don't have anything that I am particular attracted too.
Any advice ?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:19 am
Keep searching for something you enjoy doing...and "never give up"

mille

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 9:26 am
Look up courses at your local community college or trade school for something you might be interested in.

Never give up

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 12:32 pm
Where do I start?
Is there anyone here that was in the same situation, had no skills and was able to ,learn and be successful?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 9:14 pm
I have a masters in education but wasn't happy in the field-- I wanted more money, more flexibility, the ability to work at home, and something more... fun. I took a direct sales hobby and turned it into a long term career. What are your hobbies? I used to be into scrapbooking--- THAT can be a career. I know frum women into the gym and working out and they took courses to become personal trainers. My current hobby is learning about how to work social media for business purposes--- learning the ins and outs of twellow and hootsuite and hashtags and manageflitter etc etc etc and now I have a side business of clients paying between $280 and $500 per month for part time social media management.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 10:09 pm
You might look around at YouTube videos to see what it looks like when people are doing these various things.

TwinsMommy is so right.

And try not to work on a very common skill. Don't try to be a something that there are a million of already.

Even as a secretary you can do something more interesting. Do you have Excel, Access, Powerpoint, QuickBooks, Peachtree, desktop publishing, and whatever is in use now? My memories are probably out of date.

With some of that, you might get an Admin Assist job, that involved more doing, planning, administering, communicating, organizing, and thinking. Emphasize any language fluencies you may have.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics