Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Still Crying it Out??

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, May 29 2005, 9:59 am
About 3 weeks ago we let my 10 month old cry it out.
B"H it seemed to go very well...he learned fast to sleep through the night.
And he was laying down so nicely to sleep.
But now he's been crying for 15-30 minutes before falling asleep - even at nap times! I thought he learned how to fall asleep on his own.
I know he's teethign, but he's not complaining during the day and if we pick him up he doesn't complain.
Also, some nights he wakes up 1-2x.
What's going on? any clues, tips?

1stimer

Post Sun, May 29 2005, 10:04 am
I don't know, all I can say is I gave up trying to figure out what is going on with my baby. I just appreciate the good nights (what are those!?!) when they come. It's funny how my definition of a good nite has changed...

Rivk

Post Mon, May 30 2005, 8:35 pm
When my baby is very overtired - skipped a nap or I just waited too long to put him down he has a much harder time falling asleep and sleeping well. I find that he wakes more during the night if he is very overtired! Doesn't sound logical, but it's really true! so make sure your son isn't overtired, but still is tired. Rolling Eyes I know it isn't much of a window! Smile

Tefila

Post Mon, May 30 2005, 8:45 pm
Quote:
When my baby is very overtired - skipped a nap or I just waited too long to put him down he has a much harder time falling asleep and sleeping well. I find that he wakes more during the night if he is very overtired! Doesn't sound logical, but it's really true! so make sure your son isn't overtired, but still is tired.

Totaly agree it's like that w/h mine too Exclamation

stem

Post Mon, May 30 2005, 8:47 pm
There are different times when babies are are more likely to develope separation anxiety. This can happen even to a baby who's been sleeping wonderfully from a young age. All of a sudden they refuse to sleep and just want to be held, very clingy. I read somewhere that it's common around 6 weeks, 6 months, and 12 months - and this is exactly when my 2 children went through this stage. With both my kids this stage didn't last more than 2 weeks, and then they were back to normal. Just be patient with them and reassure your them as much as they need it. It will pass! Wink

raizy

Post Mon, May 30 2005, 10:19 pm
mine too. if a child is overtired then they can't sleep. so if they miss a nap then they will be worse at night not better.

smile

Post Tue, May 31 2005, 3:31 pm
I have got the same. If I try to put my daughters to bed later than their normal nap time during the day then they wake up quicker then if they are not so tired. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics