Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bring kids to wedding??

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:24 pm
my sister is getting married soon and I was contemplating whether or not to bring my small children. If it's all about the pictures then I would rather take a family picture another time, has anyone ever done this? would it look strange?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:28 pm
I recently went to a second marriage wedding. Naturally, there were no small children there. It was such a pleasurable chasuna. Although I do adore children, they do not necessarily belong at every event. If it is a wedding where they will have all of their cousins to play with and will truly feel left out if not brought, then you may have to take them along. Even then, you can choose to go yourself and leave the kids with a sitter so that you can better enjoy yourself. I wouldn't think that strange falls into the picture here. It would look like you wanted to be a lady without small children to tend to the entire night.

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:29 pm
I would do whatever makes the kallah happy. For some that means having all the nieces there in matching dresses and the nephews in matching vests.

It's not about the sleep schedule or the inconvenience

busydev

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:35 pm
you can send them home with a sitter after the post chuppah pictures.

im going to be by a siblings wedding soon. its oot so my kids are def coming along cause im not leaving them in a strange house with a strange sitter. even if it were in town, they probably would still come. I do plan on bringing a pack n play and stroller for the sitter to have there. I will also put them to sleep whenever they are ready (like the baby will prob be ready to go to sleep after (or really during) the post chuppa pictures- my 2.5yo ill let stay up till hes done.)

working hard

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:44 pm
I just had a siblings wedding. I sent my kids ages 2.5, 6 months x2, home after pictures. It meant a lot to the Kallah that they show up, so I brought them for that much. It was the best thing I ever did. They had a normal night and I enjoyed myself a lot more. For the record, a number of people told me I was very smart for doing that.
I have another Chasuna coming up and sending them home is not an option, but I will be sending them to someone close by so that they can go to sleep at a normal hour.

Kitten

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:54 pm
If it's your sister's chasuna, bring them, unless she is opposed to it. People will be happy to see the family. They don't need to be there the whole time.

mommyhood

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:57 pm
I had a siblings wedding recently and I brought my kids becasue it was very important to my parents and sibling that they be in pictures and walk down. I didn't know anyone in the city that wedding was held otherwise I would definitely have sent them home after. I did have a babysitter in the hall and sent my 2 youngest to a side room with her after the chuppah for the rest of the wedding.
I know a few families that leave their babies and very small children at home. I see nothing wrong with it but you'd have to make sure you won't be upsetting the chosson/kallah and your parents or in laws.

watergirl

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:08 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I recently went to a second marriage wedding. Naturally, there were no small children there. It was such a pleasurable chasuna. Although I do adore children, they do not necessarily belong at every event. If it is a wedding where they will have all of their cousins to play with and will truly feel left out if not brought, then you may have to take them along. Even then, you can choose to go yourself and leave the kids with a sitter so that you can better enjoy yourself. I wouldn't think that strange falls into the picture here. It would look like you wanted to be a lady without small children to tend to the entire night.

Why "naturally" there were no children? At my own second wedding, there were tons of kids!

oliveoil

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 7:22 pm
watergirl wrote:
Why "naturally" there were no children? At my own second wedding, there were tons of kids!

I was wondering the same thing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics