Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
A message from Rav Hamekoubal Nissim Shalom
1  2  Next

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 12:46 pm
I just got a text that Rav Nissim Shalom's grandfather appeared to him in a dream and revealed that Mashiach is at his door. He told him to let as many people know as possible. According to the text I got, whoever passes it on will be saved from the suffering that's supposed to occur with the coming of mashiach, and whoever won't will sustain a substantial loss of money. The rav asked that everyone send this message to at least 12 people to correspond to the shevatim. The rav said he wouldn't say it without a significant reason as its an aveirah to give people false hope. The text says that its from Rav Yoel Benharoushe.

Did anyone else hear anything like that?

Last edited by cuties' mom on Thu, Jul 24 2014, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

black sheep

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 12:53 pm
a chain mail/text, that guarantees good fortune if you pass it on and bad fortune if you don't? sounds very 2001 to me...

rising hero

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 12:54 pm
Yes. I'm having a hard time believing this to be true.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 12:55 pm
I got the same text.

I dont think its real because I cant see any Rov encouraging people to send text messages.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 12:55 pm
Well, cuties' mom,. there are 26 views and counting, so you're safe!

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 12:59 pm
I see it happened before too.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....60834
I just forwarded the post from 2011 to the person who texted me. She said there must be a lot of traffic.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:02 pm
Some one posted this on my fb page , a man , no less
I said I don't think the holy mekubal wants you go to fb pages of ladies you don't know

Greenbelle

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:09 pm
I got that exact text last nite at about midnite. It was almost word for word what you wrote. I never heard of that Rav but I am going to find out who he is.... its not like he asked for any money or anything, so whats the big deal to pass it on? We are supposed to believe that Mashiach is coming anyway, all the time.... still I feel funny passing it on to my contacts... I can't put my finger on the source of the discomfort. Is it that I am so Jaded, so American, ashamed to appear nerdy or gullible? maybe I'll figure it out.

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:16 pm
This has happened many times before, and people who take this even a little bit seriously are stupid fools.

Someone I know is encouraging people to make garage sales this week because we won't be needing anything in our homes after Moshiach comes on Tisha B'av, as "prophesied" by Rabbi Kanievsky.

elisheva25

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:18 pm
Got it last night also....I don't know......somehow I think.of.moschiach is coming.....he wouldn't need to announce himself by texting.

QUEENY

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:20 pm
It went around 3 years ago on the Yeshiva World coffee room.

mdoif

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:30 pm
Maya wrote:
This has happened many times before, and people who take this even a little bit seriously are stupid fools.

Someone I know is encouraging people to make garage sales this week because we won't be needing anything in our homes after Moshiach comes on Tisha B'av, as "prophesied" by Rabbi Kanievsky.

So we won't need any possessions but we will need cash??? Rolling Eyes

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:31 pm
How do people still fall for such bs?????

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:38 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
I just got a text that Rav Nissim Shalom's grandfather appeared to him in a dream and revealed that Mashiach is at his door. He told him to let as many people know as possible. According to the text I got, whoever passes it on will be saved from the suffering that's supposed to occur with the coming of mashiach, and whoever won't will sustain a substantial loss of money. The rav asked that everyone send this message to at least 12 people to correspond to the shevatim. The rav said he wouldn't say it without a significant reason as its an aveirah to give people false hope. The text says that its from Rav Yoel Benharoushe.

Did anyone else hear anything like that?

My mother got some email about this today.

I personally believe Moshiach IS at our doorstep; I even told my husband about this last week. However,
I feel bad for R' Nissim Shalom because obviously someone is using him to scare others. No legitimate rav would scare people by promising substantial monetary loss for not forwarding a text/email to 12 people.

MOSHIACH IS COMING!!!! But not because of that text or email... C'mon people, use your brains.

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:43 pm
Is there really a Rav Nissim Shalom?

sheifelah

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:48 pm
I received the same thing in a text last night. Seems weird. Although, I am sure Mashiach is very near!

bigsis144

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:51 pm
I literally just got a text message from an acquaintance seconds ago. Similar, but slightly different:

Quote:
FWD: URGENT! Please share with as much people as possible. The Rav hamekoubal Nissim Shalom declared that his grandfather ZT"L appeared to him in a dream and revealed to him that the Machiach is at his door, and ordered him to let as many jewish people as possible know about it as well as many people as possible. The Rav insisted upon the fact that whoever will send this message will be saved from the suffering which are supposed to occur with the coming of Machiach and that whoever won't do it will sustain a substantial loss of money. The Rav asked to send this message to at least 12 people, a number corresponding to the number of the tribes of Israel. It is a very favorable moment now in heaven, and to those who might be skeptical and not believe in the words of the Rav should know that the Rav would never make such a declaration without serious reasons to do so because it is forbidden to give false hopes to the Jewish people. From the Rav Yoel Benharoushe. Thank you to forward to all your contacts."

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

First of all, the only message of this message is "Moshiach is coming, tell everybody".

Like hashtag "awareness" campaigns and pink rubber bracelets, simply TELLING people doesn't accomplish anything. "Awareness" is way that people feel like they're accomplishing something without even getting out of their seats.

Second, *grabs person who texted me by the shirt and holds her inches from my face*

Do.
Not.
Threaten.
Me.

Your stupid chain letter has just as much power as saying bloody mary into a mirror. You make a MOCKERY of my religion by reducing it to superstitious nonsense. No magically symbolic numbers will make me believe you.

*lets go*

Third, let this Rabbi get a youtube account. Anyone can do it. Sure, you'll need the treife internet, but is it not our purpose to elevate the nitzotzos in this world? Then get yourself a camcorder, record your message and SHOW YOUR FACE if you want to make such a bold pronouncement.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:58 pm
I got it on my Yishuv's email today, but the person who posted it... Well she's the type that means well but she posts a thing like this at least once a week Rolling Eyes . So what do you think, Moshiach has FB? A lot of friends? And definitely WatsApp. Twitter too. Wouldn't want to leave anyone out. What would happen to the Chareidim with the Kosher phones without texting? So he couldn't have come 20 years ago before all this social media started? I don't think so Shame on you

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 2:42 pm
Do these supposed mekubalim even exist?

We need a frum version of snopes to weed out these forwards from teh real thing...

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 2:51 pm
I got the text.

Where I come from, Rabanim might say that Moshiach is coming so everyone should daven or do Teshuva or do Mitzvos. They don't say Moshiach is coming so send text messages.

And since I do believe that Moshiach is about to come- Achakeh Lo B'Chol Yom SheYavo- but I don't believe that this text is legit, I guess I will be experiencing a great loss of money, which would equal around five dollars, cuz that's all I've got, pretty much. It won't matter one bit though, since Moshiach will be here and I won't need money anymore.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational