Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Has anyone been to Hong Kong in June?

sweet135

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 1:21 am
My family and I are looking to go to Hong Kong in June but I read up that it is one of the hottest months and rains 18 days of the month. It is just me, my husband and my will be 10mo baby. We can't go any other time because I am now in my 2nd trimester. Is it really bad or doable?

yaelinIN

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 7:50 am
It will be the rainy month. I live in Tokyo and have been in Hong Kong during that time as well. It can be very rainy and windy - sometimes monsoons (like typhoons/hurricanes). If you can afford taxis and know that you will be soggy (and don't mind), I think it is doable. It is just starting to get really hot during that time - I wouldn't go any later in the summer for that reason. Lots of fun things are indoors in HK, so I think you will be OK. Enjoy your trip!

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 2:12 pm
I agree it would be hot and humid, but June is better than July-August, and from Aug-Sept (and even early Oct) there's more likelihood of typhoon so June is not the worst month per se. Though good thing is most indoor buildings and public transportation all are air-conditioned. Best kind of clothings are light cotton or linen, synthetics really stick to skin and very uncomfortable. Just make sure you bring good folding umbrellas, and extra shirts/tops to change (because you'll perspire a lot)--or better yet get custom-made shirts there.

JCC and Chabad are on HK near Mid-Level but Sephardi kehilla is on Kawloon side. HK doesn't have an eruv to the best of my knowledge. Though I'm quite convinced they have one of the highest number of kosher resto per Jewish population (or on par with Paris). Subways, trams and bus are quite adequate to get around. Don't miss the Star Ferry (the cheapest attraction there), night light-ups/laser beam shows, Kadouri farm and zoo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics