Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What did 5- 12 yr olds like best in Hershey/Lancaster, Pa?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 6:43 pm
What did your 5- 12 yr olds like best in Hershey/Lancaster, Pa? What do they talk about most?

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 8:46 pm
Utz factory tour, it's really impressive to see the manufacturing lines for pretzels, potato chips etc. I can't remember the exact name of town but all info on their website. I think most of their produces are OU (note some dairy non CY). We saw quite a number of frum families. Our children actually liked this much better than Hersheys.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 9:13 pm
My kids had a good time at Dutch wonderland and turkey hill experience. Only if not CY

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 10:11 pm
Dutch Wonderland

clowny

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 10:21 pm
We went to Hershey this summer with ages 2-12. Everyone loved it! Its great for all ages. Dutch wonderland is great too but your 12 year old might be outgrowing it. Chocolate world we loved too. Especially the 4D show also great for all ages.
Whatever you choose, enjoy!

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 1:06 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Utz factory tour, it's really impressive to see the manufacturing lines for pretzels, potato chips etc. I can't remember the exact name of town but all info on their website. I think most of their produces are OU (note some dairy non CY). We saw quite a number of frum families. Our children actually liked this much better than Hersheys.

Utz sounded really good until I checked Mapquest and saw (if I have the correct location, Hanover, Pa) that Utz is an hour drive from either Hershey Park or the Amishtown/Lancaster area, the two popular places to go

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 1:09 am
Strasburg Rail Road, My kids still talk about it years later. Choo choo barn house is fun for train crazed kids and young at heart dads.

rise above

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:51 am
My 6 and 8 year old - Dutch wonderland.
Hershey was great, but it's a lot more fun when they can go on ANY ride they see and not consistently being disappointed that they don't make the height grade.
There is a cool diving show now at DW that is completely age appropriate even for teenagers.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 11:46 pm
what indoor things can we do in Lancaster/hershey besides hersheys chocolate world? its supposed to be really hot this week.

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 12:06 am
Lancaster and Hershey are 2 different regions.... Do u know where you are staying? A lot of ppl stay in York pa which is midway between. Hanover is not far from York at all. Both Utz and Snyder are there but snuder you need reservations. Lancaster is abt half hour. Hershey abt half hour.
Lancaster Cherry crest farms is great for the kids.... Can keep kids busy all day. Strasbourg railroad also great especially for boys and stops in cherry crest. (Don't know ur budget but can get pricey...) There are lots of Frum ppl and they announced mincha minyN twice over the loudspeakers Smile
Amish are adorable, horse and buggy rides etc.
Mini farms, turkey hill ( tho prepare for disappointed kiddies if u keep CY while they can't get ice cream, only flavored iced teas...),
There is a Harley Davidson tour in York but I don't know if kids can go in to the tour or only see some motorcycles.
There is a science museum not too far. There is a zoo and safari also not too far but may be closer to hr away. Herrs factory also close to hour away. There are some farms... a mini horse farm in Lancaster, Perry dell farm where they do milking but not so exciting in york, kreiders farm which makes milk for jewish company too but costs more, um running a blank
..Can't remember off hand what else but did a lot of research into it.
Dutch wonderland is nice if ur not on a budget and I think there are some parks nearby.

If u stay in hotel with a pool I can always find a quiet time and go to the pool too...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics