Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please be aware about Flu Vaccine Dangers
1  2  3  Next

mammala120

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:39 pm
http://theflushotsite.com/inde.....yzed/

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:48 pm
Of course there is someone somewhere who will have a reaction to the flu shot... or course there are people in many places who will die from the flu...
You can take a risk either way.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:01 pm
How many otherwise healthy 9 year Olds die from the flu? Last year the success rate of vaccine in otherwise healthy age group 12-49 was a whopping 12%. With numbers like that do you really want to take the risk?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:09 pm
amother wrote:
How many otherwise healthy 9 year Olds die from the flu? Last year the success rate of vaccine in otherwise healthy age group 12-49 was a whopping 12%. With numbers like that do you really want to take the risk?

Over 2500 children between the ages of 5 - 9 died in 2013 from the flu. Do not know if they were "healthy" or not.

mammala120

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:12 pm
amother wrote:

👍 Smart answer

nywife

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:12 pm
Anddd here we go. Rolling Eyes

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:16 pm
My kids get the flu nasal spray, which is safer and easier on the kids (no shots!). Last year my 3 year old got a very mild case of the flu and bh no one else caught it. My sister didnt vaccinate her kids and the entire family, parents included got the full blown flu. They all got the flu medicine, which has problems of it own.

mammala120

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:17 pm
amother wrote:
Over 2500 children between the ages of 5 - 9 died in 2013 from the flu. Do not know if they were "healthy" or not.

Please list the source of your statistics. Name at least 5 links to articles where an individual dies of the flu. I bet those that die unfortunately die from complications of flu, from wrong medications taken due to flu, or from not treating the flu or due to extremely weak immune system.

mammala120

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:19 pm
[quote="nywife"]Anddd here we go. Rolling Eyes[/quo

Tell me about it🙀 But now I am going to bed. 💤Too tired to think. 🙃

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:53 pm
Quote:
Please list the source of your statistics. Name at least 5 links to articles where an individual dies of the flu. I bet those that die unfortunately die from complications of flu, from wrong medications taken due to flu, or from not treating the flu or due to extremely weak immune system.

Actually we had an extremely healthy toddler age patient that developed severe pneumonia as a result of the flu (one of the typical flu complications) and ended up in the ICU with chest tubes draining fluid from his lungs. BH he survived.

We had more than one child last year in the ICU due to flu related complications.

Another person suffered with months of coughing and wheezing following the flu.

You are misleading. Yes, many people die from complications of the flu, but those complications are directly caused by having the flu itself.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 2:27 am
We had 3 wards and an ITU half full of patients with influenza last year.

Unfortunately the international teams got the predicted strains wrong, so it was a bad year. Not terrible , not epidemic, which is the big fear of overwhelming services.

Most people are fine, some are not. Nothing anyone says on here will convince the anti vaccine people to protect their families.

No point in engaging with them, they have fixed beliefs that are similar to the HIV denial industry. Human psychology.

5*Mom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 5:26 am
Frumdoc wrote:
We had 3 wards and an ITU half full of patients with influenza last year.

Unfortunately the international teams got the predicted strains wrong, so it was a bad year. Not terrible , not epidemic, which is the big fear of overwhelming services.

Most people are fine, some are not. Nothing anyone says on here will convince the anti vaccine people to protect their families.

No point in engaging with them, they have fixed beliefs
that are similar to the HIV denial industry. Human psychology.

This is disingenuous. Flu and flu vaccine are not the same as, say polio and polio vaccine. My pediatrician, a pro-vax-on-schedule mainstream medical doctor, does not routinely recommend flu vaccine to his healthy patients nor does he give it to his family members. Please stop misrepresenting the vaccine issue as an all-or-nothing, you're-either-with-us-or-you're-against-us binary issue. It's not binary.

But I do agree that there is probably no point in engaging.

chaiz

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 5:32 am
5*Mom wrote:
My pediatrician, a pro-vax-on-schedule mainstream medical doctor, does not routinely recommend flu vaccine to his healthy patients nor does he give it to his family members.

Isn't that standard for most doctors? Misrad Habriut does not seem to recommend it either as routine. Last year I got it due to my daughter being a preemie baby after consulting with the doctor what the protocol is.

5*Mom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 5:36 am
chaiz wrote:
Isn't that standard for most doctors? Misrad Habriut does not seem to recommend it either as routine. Last year I got it due to my daughter being a preemie baby after consulting with the doctor what the protocol is.

I don't know for sure since I follow my pediatrician to whichever office he happens to be at when I need an appointment and I haven't seen anyone else in years. But I think the literature in all the kupot cholim romanticize the flu vaccine. I don't know what official policy is.

juggling

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 5:39 am
chaiz wrote:

I don't know, but our health fund (macabi) seems to recommend it across the board, although of course they do prioritize people with chronic illnesses if there is a shortage.

chaiz

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 5:56 am
5*Mom wrote:
This is disingenuous. Flu and flu vaccine are not the same as, say polio and polio vaccine. My pediatrician, a pro-vax-on-schedule mainstream medical doctor, does not routinely recommend flu vaccine to his healthy patients nor does he give it to his family members. Please stop misrepresenting the vaccine issue as an all-or-nothing, you're-either-with-us-or-you're-against-us binary issue. It's not binary.

But I do agree that there is probably no point in engaging.

I do agree that it is not binary. But that does not mean that the flu vaccine is the horror that is often portrayed by some anti vaxxers. And one cannot deny that flu is potentially fatal for certain sectors of the population.

etky

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 5:59 am
juggling wrote:
I don't know, but our health fund (macabi) seems to recommend it across the board, although of course they do prioritize people with chronic illnesses if there is a shortage.

So does Meuchedet. They are having a 'vaccination party' this Thursday at our local branch with a balloon twister and other 'surprises' for the kids.
Though overall pro-vax, I've always been wary of the flu vaccine and b"h never thought I or my family needed it.
That changed after everyone in my family but me caught flu a couple of winters ago which resulted in 3 of them - all previously perfectly healthy, developing severe pneumonia which almost required hospitalization. As a result, two of them, including DH, were left with asthma for which they now have to take daily medication.
Let's just say that I've developed a 'healthy' respect for the flu vaccine since then and we all get immunized every Autumn.
I still don't like the idea and am nervous about side effects but I do like to know we are as protected as we can be against such a nightmare reoccurring. I hope that this year's vaccine proves effective against whatever strains arrive here.
As DH is over fifty and now has asthma, he was also given a special vaccine against pneumonia that is supposed to be effective for about 10 years.

chaiz

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 6:03 am
etky wrote:
So does Meuchedet. They are having a 'vaccination party' this Thursday at our local branch with a balloon twister and other 'surprises' for the kids.

So interesting. At one of the meuhedet clinics, it seemed to be strongly recommended for specific sectors of the population. I know back in the States as well, my doctor who was mainstream regarding vaccinations did not seem to push it for the entire population.
I am sorry about your experiences. IY"H the vaccine should be effective and you and your family will have a healthy and safe year.

5*Mom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 6:13 am
chaiz wrote:
I do agree that it is not binary. But that does not mean that the flu vaccine is the horror that is often portrayed by some anti vaxxers. And one cannot deny that flu is potentially fatal for certain sectors of the population.

I'll be honest, I didn't even open the link in the op. It's just not the kind of thing I read. So if that's what it was, I'll give you that.

chaiz

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 6:15 am
5*Mom wrote:
I'll be honest, I didn't even open the link in the op. It's just not the kind of thing I read. So if that's what it was, I'll give you that.

Oh me too. Smile I am wary of much of the internet; the link did not give me reason to think it was a credible article to take seriously. I was responding to your general point without discussing the article.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics