Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why Are Frum People Supporting Donald Trump?
  Previous  1  2  3   22  23  24  Next

scrltfr

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 8:43 pm
You can call him a buffoon etc., but he has my vote for now because we need a man with a head for business. Where would NY have been during the horrible recession had Bloomberg not been mayor. He has proven himself very successful whether you like him or not. Please don't call me ignorant or stupi, I've done a lot more research into this than most of you and I am entitled to my opinion.

causemommysaid

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 8:48 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
I don't understand it either. I honestly don't know what would do if the ticket was between Trump and Hilary. I'm horrified that he's made it this far.

I can't understand his popularity either.

Unfortunately I think he is going to win the Republican Primary.

I also believe Hilary will win the Democratic Primary.

I would probably go to the voting booth, grit my teeth, and vote for Trump. I hate her more than him.

At least I know my vote wont matter anyway since my state always swings Democrat.

Right now I am rooting for Cruz and if not him than Sanders. Those are the only other candidates who have a chance.

Maya

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 8:49 pm
Being a mayor doesn't involve having to deal with foreign policy and other crises with hostile nations. Don't compare the presidency to the mayorship, especially if one has absolutely no prior experience in politics.

groovy1224

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 9:30 pm
I think people like him because they find it refreshing to hear someone actually say a lot of the things that many are thinking but can't say aloud. So he goes out and says them, loudly and obnoxiously, and people feel like he 'gets them.' People are tired of ineffective presidents. People are tired of bending over backwards so as not to offend myriads of criminals and homicidal maniacs. People are tired of applauding politely for school nutrition reform programs when innocent people are dying left and right from random terrorist acts.
The fact that he has no political background, or diplomacy skills, or seemingly any common sense at all is a lot more forgivable when he's giving people what they want to hear. They're not thinking that far..they like what he's got on his teleprompter, and they'll worry about the rest later.
(Note: I am NOT a trump supporter. I think the guys a buffoon, but clearly he has something going for him! I live in fear that he'll get elected though)

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 9:37 pm
I'm a Cruz supporter but I do get Mr. Trump's appeal. He's a populist.

• Trump made immigration his top issue when the rest of the Republocrats danced around it.

• He gets that a lot of Americans are angry and scared. Scared of our continued economic and military decline. Scared of terrorists coming into our country. Scared of the distinctive American culture and values sinking into a morass of multicultural goo.

• He's not afraid to use strong rhetoric against Iran, against the media, against the au courant political correctness that is strangling free speech, against, well, against practically anything and anyone he doesn't agree with or who is gaining on him in the polls.

• He is amazingly fast on his feet. An incredible extemporaneous speaker, brash, not afraid. (And to previous poster Groovy, he doesn't need a teleprompter.)

• He knows how to handle the media (and how to use it to get free publicity).

• Unlike our current president, Mr. Trump thinks like an American.

I believe that Mr. Trump can pull in an unusual coalition, including Reagan Democrats, some black voters who have been losing jobs to immigrants, and even some Latinos who admire his machismo.

marina

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 9:53 pm
mille wrote:
http://forward.com/opinion/331449/that-time-donald-trump-retweeted-nazis/

I personally think it's amusing that so many Jews say that he'll be good for Jews/Israel because his daughter is Jewish. Certainly didn't stop him from retweeting a photoshopped image of himself in a Nazi uniform gassing Jewish democratic candidate Bernie Sanders (see article above).

Oh, but it's okay because he speaks his mind and doesn't sugar coat anything.

That's not what the forward article said. It's pretty misleading. Trump reposted a different picture, made by a guy who also, btw, made the Nazi picture.

marina

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 10:02 pm
There are many contenders that I personally wouldn't vote for, but if they win, I think the country will be fine. Trump is not one of them. He's an ignorant bigot who doesn't "speak his mind," he just says what he thinks his audience wants to hear. His supporters appear to be racist clowns who equate white supremacy with Being American, so that's what Trump says.

It's already a very sad sad day for conservatives now that Trump has gotten so far. I cannot imagine what normal Republicans will do if Trump wins the nomination.

marina

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
Fact: he's has lots of success doing what he wants to do.
He seems a lot more passionate that's any other candidate.
He's not a talker more than he's a doer.

He's got some good plans and good points.

Of course nobody thinks he's god.
But we can only try to elect who we think is best.

Now if you voted for Obama, that I call ignorant.

I voted for Obama twice and my country is in much better shape than it was 8 years ago. So I guess I'll disagree with you about my ignorance.

seeker

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 10:21 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I'm a Cruz supporter but I do get Mr. Trump's appeal. He's a populist.

• Trump made immigration his top issue when the rest of the Republocrats danced around it.

• He gets that a lot of Americans are angry and scared. Scared of our continued economic and military decline. Scared of terrorists coming into our country. Scared of the distinctive American culture and values sinking into a morass of multicultural goo.

• He's not afraid to use strong rhetoric against Iran, against the media, against the au courant political correctness that is strangling free speech, against, well, against practically anything and anyone he doesn't agree with or who is gaining on him in the polls.

• He is amazingly fast on his feet. An incredible extemporaneous speaker, brash, not afraid. (And to previous poster Groovy, he doesn't need a teleprompter.)

• He knows how to handle the media (and how to use it to get free publicity).

• Unlike our current president, Mr. Trump thinks like an American.

I believe that Mr. Trump can pull in an unusual coalition, including Reagan Democrats, some black voters who have been losing jobs to immigrants, and even some Latinos who admire his machismo.

I may be naive but I'm holding out hope that a lot of the people polling for Trump are just expressing their enjoyment of the above quoted but will chicken out from actually electing him.

My backup hope is that Clinton loses the democratic primary so that even if hope #1 doesn't come true, at least we won't be stuck choosing between him and her.

scrltfr

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 10:21 pm
Maya wrote:
Being a mayor doesn't involve having to deal with foreign policy and other crises with hostile nations. Don't compare the presidency to the mayorship, especially if one has absolutely no prior experience in politics.

maybe that's what this country needs. Someone who has a head for business and negotiating deals, not a politician beholden to their supporters.

gittelchana

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 10:23 pm
To all those who are shocked that your husbands support Trump - did you ask him why?

Disclosure, I really haven't been following the politics so I have no idea what Trump stands for.

marina

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 10:30 pm
scrltfr wrote:
maybe that's what this country needs. Someone who has a head for business and negotiating deals, not a politician beholden to their supporters.

I don't even understand what this means. Both business leaders and politicians are beholden to supporters, but for the business leaders, we call those supporters "shareholders"

imeinu

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 11:07 pm
marina wrote:
I voted for Obama twice and my country is in much better shape than it was 8 years ago. So I guess I'll disagree with you about my ignorance.

I usually don't get involved in politics but shock
do you live in Iran by any chance?

sequoia

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 11:15 pm
I don't think he's real at all. He says more outrageous things every day with the obvious intention of alienating people from voting republican. It's a ruse, dammit!

tigerwife

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 11:22 pm
sequoia wrote:
I don't think he's real at all. He says more outrageous things every day with the obvious intention of alienating people from voting republican. It's a ruse, dammit!

I kind of think he has gone further than he himself has ever dreamed of. He only started investing in his campaign once he saw how much support he was getting. The media went crazy over his obnoxious statements yet their negative broadcasting is what made him so popular.

dimyona

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 11:23 pm
I despise Trump as much as the next person, but his snafoo was retweeting a different cartoon by the same artist as that gas chamber one. He did not actually post that. This move was careless and stupid, but not quite as horrifying.

Maya

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 11:38 pm
dimyona wrote:
I despise Trump as much as the next person, but his snafoo was retweeting a different cartoon by the same artist as that gas chamber one. He did not actually post that. This move was careless and stupid, but not quite as horrifying.

It seemed to me the article said they retweeted both images. My bad.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 11:44 pm
There is no one better to vote for..I don't particularly like him or some of his actions but the others are way worse. I don't even want to get started on the corruptness of hillary.
The last thing we need is another democrat in office.

seeker

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 11:50 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
There is no one better to vote for..I don't particularly like him or some of his actions but the others are way worse. I don't even want to get started on the corruptness of hillary.
The last thing we need is another democrat in office.

There may be things I don't love about Cruz but explain how he or Rubio are "way worse" than Trump for president.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 12:06 am
Trump attracts angry people with his over the top rhetoric but has zero policy or position papers on his web site. I would suggest that those who are appeased by his vocalizations visit his website and those of others who are running. It's apparent that he has nothing of substance behind him. No economic plan,no defense plan.

I truly pity a Jew who supports his desire to restrict the basic freedoms of Americans on the sole basis of religion.
Page 2 of 24   Previous  1  2  3   22  23  24  Next Recent Topics