Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 8:33 pm
Omg I can't handle this stress anymore. Bh we got the food stamps but we just hit 90 days late on our mortgage and I am petrified of having no place for me and my family to live. The worst part of this all, is my husband is totally not serious enough to realize the crazy hole we are in. He keeps telling me Hashem is in charge, he will help us. Crying Crying Crying

I am sorry to bring up my posts again but it's all just too much for me to handle on my own.

Goldie613

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 5:16 am
amother wrote:
Omg I can't handle this stress anymore. Bh we got the food stamps but we just hit 90 days late on our mortgage and I am petrified of having no place for me and my family to live. The worst part of this all, is my husband is totally not serious enough to realize the crazy hole we are in. He keeps telling me Hashem is in charge, he will help us. Crying Crying Crying

I am sorry to bring up my posts again but it's all just too much for me to handle on my own.

Can you approach a gemach or free loan society of some kind and ask for a loan to help you catch up on your mortgage?

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 5:47 am
Dear Original poster,
It's time for your community to step up and take responsability of the people around them.
A friend of mine was in a similar situation, but did not qualify for help.
Her baby's bris came out on Purim, Erev shabbos.
There was no way she could afford to make a Seuda.
The people of the shul all helped and we made her a lavish lunch
Someone bought all the paper goods, I think it was split between 3 ppl.
Someone made scrambled eggs and pancakes in the shul kitchen.
Someone made sautéed meat for steak and eggs (Purim Seuda).
Someone made turkey wraps, etc.
Everyone helped decorate, cook, etc.
She even had pictures and video, someone had a good camera and took pictures.
Everyone helped out
This is what a community is about, please let ppl help.
It's a mitzvah to give ppl the oportunity to do a mitzvah.
You don't have to do this alone.
If you are too shy to ask, let us know where you are located.
I'm sure someone on here lives close by.
If it's me, then I will for sure help you.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 6:14 am
it's hard - I can relate a bit, going thru similar right now, after several treatments past year coming up with all the new, birth/after birth related expenses is going to be...hard. having no family support etc.no helpful community.trying to come up with solutions...don't think we are eligible for anything.ugh I try not to worry and daven more... Rolling Eyes

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 6:20 am
op- someone in my community (honestly don't know whom just heard about the house because I have a friend who's looking) foreclosed on their house. They were having financial troubles and didn't want people to know. Someone said if he had known he would have helped them but had no idea. The rabbis in town give out money before the y"t but that's about it since that's when there is a need, some pple he gives more to carry them over. I specifically asked so that I could give and was basically turned down. I know its probably incredibly hard but please reach out.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 9:31 am
Op- please let us know which community so we can help.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
Op- please let us know which community so we can help.

I appreciate your response but I just can't say my community. I hope you can understand that although I am desperate, I am emotionally not capable of taking help from people that know me. It's all too much for me.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 5:11 am
I cannot believe I’m bumping up my own thread from 2 years ago but I’m back in a very similar situation. I’m pregnant again and we once again have no money for food or bills. It’s extremely stressful for me. I lay at night thinking about my empty fridge and what bills will bounce the next day. I work full time but my husband has been bouncing around jobs for the last few months and that it adding to my stress. Last time people were so supportive and helpful and now once again I Need chizuk.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:27 am
Do you need help restocking your fridge?

giselle

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
Do you need help restocking your fridge?

I’d love to help too

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:48 am
When you got preg you were both working full time? Maybe your husband could use a job coach? Bshaah tovah.

bestme

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:53 am
There is an organization that is called Mesila. They may be able to help you. Maybe you could call them.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 5:23 pm
giselle wrote:
I’d love to help too

That’s very nice of both of you. It’s very hard for me to be on the receiving end and take from others but I’m so desperate I will use the email I used 2 years ago

Hashemyazor1234@gmail.com

Thank you hashem should repay you 100x

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 6:38 pm
Hope you have WIC you should have a tochri shabbos nearby between the two you should have food

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 6:49 pm
Op, you really need to ask your parents or I lnlaws for help. You mentioned your in laws have lots of money. You don’t need to ask them for tzedakah, ask them for a loan. They will likely help you so you’re not hungry. This is a level of poverty no one can watched a loved one experience. I think you need to put your pride aside and get help from the people who know you. Perhaps your Inlaws can help your dh get his act together.

hotzenplotz

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:46 pm
would your husband be able to do technical work like putting in camera systems?

There is a shortage of those in Brooklyn. Just ask any kashrus organization. I might know

someone who could train him in for a paycheck for two years.

Can he do plumbing? I know someone who is willing to train a Brooklyn person. He is in Monsey. There is a shortage of plumbers in Brooklyn.

We need more people fixing commercial ovens. There is a shortage. Ask any bakery or pizza shop in Brooklyn. Forget status. You could earn a comfortable, ehrlich living.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:55 pm
amother wrote:

Please call Mr. Freund 718 438 6630.

Tell him about the 90 late on the mortgage.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:

Most of our meals are protein(chicken, fish) and fresh veggies, and our monthly food bill is way under $200.

I can’t imagine how that is possible.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
Hope you have WIC you should have a tochri shabbos nearby between the two you should have food

I do get WIC BH for that. It helps a lot with the few dollars they give for fruits and veggies/milk/cereal

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:03 pm
hotzenplotz wrote:
would your husband be able to do technical work like putting in camera systems?

There is a shortage of those in Brooklyn. Just ask any kashrus organization. I might know

someone who could train him in for a paycheck for two years.

Can he do plumbing? I know someone who is willing to train a Brooklyn person. He is in Monsey. There is a shortage of plumbers in Brooklyn.

We need more people fixing commercial ovens. There is a shortage. Ask any bakery or pizza shop in Brooklyn. Forget status. You could earn a comfortable, ehrlich living.

Thanks for the suggestions but he is actively looking for a new job in his field. Im davening he gets one very very soon.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics