Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chassidish "international" school Yerushalayim

ftmother

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 5:14 am
I'm looking to apply to nursery for my daughter in Yerushalayim but it must be a chassidish (not yerushalmi) place. I don't want her to be the only one in her class that doesn't belong to the chassidus of the school so I'm looking for a place that's a little bit unaffiliated. I would send her to Belz of monsey if that clarifies what I'm looking for? Anyone have a suggestion?

abound

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 5:46 am
try bais yaakov yidish, or skvere.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 7:41 am
Don't know much about Israeli schools, but isn't Bnos Hadassa meant for American chassidish girls?

ftmother

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 7:52 am
The only thing I heard about that school though is that they don't teach Hebrew as a language and that it's geared towards Americans and Europeans are planning on moving back to those places. Is that true?

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 10:53 am
Bnos Haddasa also came to mind when I read your post. The only person I know who sends there loves it and is planning to stay, but you may be right that most of the clientele intends to move back. I'm not sure about the Hebrew instruction.

sped

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 2:47 pm
Bnos Haddassah is geared to families who want an American/European school, with no Israel connections at all. the language and culture is American/European. They do not teach Hebrew at all any more. (AFIU, they used to teach it as a language.)
I heard that many are sending to the new Skvere school that is right near Bnos Haddassah, including many who are not Skver. I am not sure which grades they are up to.

ftmother

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 2:51 am
BTW thanks to all who responded here, my daughter is now in tzanz bH!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 8:09 am
I would need more info on the skvera school in Jerusalem..what's the base language btwn the girls? Do they learn English?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics