Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
SEIT positions

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 10:13 pm
does any one know where I can look for a job in an agency that has seit openings? thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 10:34 pm
I have a question along these lines: am thinking of doing my Masters in Early Childhood Special Education. Is it going to be really hard to get SEIT cases; is this really an overcrowded field? OP have you been looking for a long time?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 10:47 pm
why are you asking here is it too hard to find a position? My DH is getting a Master to do this and I hope this will help us get out of debt.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 10:51 pm
Is this OP? Hey! Don't Attack me! Certainly no harm in asking. I hope your DH finds a job in it, just wondering if lots of people don't. Is it bad to wonder aloud?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 10:55 pm
quote="amother"]Is this OP? Hey! Don't Attack me! Certainly no harm in asking. I hope your DH finds a job in it, just wondering if lots of people don't. Is it bad to wonder aloud?[/quote]
I'm so sorry I'm not the OP and I was asking that to her, sorry if it came out the wrong way.
I was just wondering as you are.
OP are you in NY?

bigmomma

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 8:39 am
The Jewish Press is printing a special ed supplement called Building Blocks in one of its issues soon (I'm not sure exactly which issue) , What I would do is call every agency in there that advertises services for children to see if they need people.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 10:19 pm
I work for Yeled V'Yalda as a SEIT. WHile I doubt they have positions right now availabe, as it's the beginning of the school year and they give their past therapists cases first, many times cases are approved during the year and they may need therapists later on. You should definately call and ask!
You can try OMNI, as well. And search for other early intervention or special education agencies. I'm sure there's a list out there.
As far as I know, it's not an overcrowded field. Kids are still be approved plenty! But to the poster who's husband is going for his masters, if he doesn't get a SEIT position, there are always special education positions in classrooms. I'm sure there are males needed -- most therapists/teachers are females and some families/schools prefer males to work with their boys. Also, P-3 can be done, even after school hours.
Hatzlocha and if I can be of any help, feel free to PM me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics