Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help! I'm boiling over!!

gigi

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 7:15 pm
I have 2 babies, and I'm very grateful. but they are driving me crazeeeeeee!
they are a year and a half, and 2 months old.
I'm so stressed I can't even think strait.
can anyone please give me advice?
I need my sanity back, but I'm so overwhelmed I can't think of suggestions myself.
(yes, my husband helps, he's an angel, but he's at work all day)

cip

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 9:40 pm
can you afford help? even 1-2 hrs a day so you can catch some sleep?

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 9:44 pm
time to ask someone to watch them and have "ME" time ... so who's around ... mom, sis, sil, mil, friend, neighbor, babysitter, husband

Tehilla

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:00 pm
my kids are 19 months apart. I remember being (sometimes still am) so frustrated with such a complex and difficult (yes huge bracha) age for both of them. they are so active, and the second child was and still is very clingy and demanding. I thought I was just going to pop if I didn't have a little time to myself. I would literally undress in a crazy hurry take less than a 7 minute shower, and before I could even hop out of bed, more often than not the baby was awake again. and don't get me wrong--they and DH are the best things to happen to me along with Hashem & His Torah!

so...yup, you need a little time to yourself. the other posters are right. even if it is 1 hr once a day. or 2-3 hours a couple of times a week, and even if at this point that time is used to take a shower, nap, shop, whatever...you need it. it is as vital as can be for you, them, and your DH. and if you can afford it, better not to have him watching them...maybe you two could even make one of those times a date time!

are you in CH? don't the high schools have a volunteer mother's helper program (at least at BR?) where the girls get points for helping families out?

gigi

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:26 am
unfortunately, I am not located in an area where it is easy for me to follow those suggestions. I live far from family, and the only help around to hire are nonjewish mexicans, who don't speak english, and if I could actually find one, I WOULD hire them!
how do you find them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics