Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Hug it out!
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 16  17  18  Next

rainbow

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 3:52 pm
gold21 wrote:
Gray actually sounds amazing. Love me some gray polish! But I'm not sure if it would be opaque enough? They should really label the polish like they do with pantyhose so we know how opaque it is before we buy it. Ya know?

Ya, I know.
Actually, I just had a talk with dh, he was so happy I got the black, and for precisely your reasoning. He's very proud of me.

rainbow

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 3:55 pm
Boca00 wrote:
I'm not sure what a difference it will make since we're wearing burqas anyway.

What color is your burka? And how many denier is the fabric? Like how much is the thread count?
These are very critical questions. Wearing a burka that doesn't comport with the halachic requirements is actually worse than wearing shatnez. Did you know that?

Boca00

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:01 pm
rainbow wrote:
What color is your burka? And how many denier is the fabric? Like how much is the thread count?
These are very critical questions. Wearing a burka that doesn't comport with the halachic requirements is actually worse than wearing shatnez. Did you know that?

I find it highly inappropriate to discuss the specifications of my garments in a public setting.

That is even worse than wearing a non-compliant burqa, did you know that?

enneamom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:07 pm
rainbow wrote:
I know. I was at Aldi's the other day and they had a stash of black nail polish. I bought like 50 bottles in all. Was thinking that'd be enough for covering my legs too. Too bad they didn't have them in grey. Can you imagine 50 bottles of grey - that would be enough for me and my two dil's.

JewishFoodie, it's your beloved parakeet!

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:12 pm
enneamom wrote:

JewishFoodie, it's your beloved parakeet!

She's shaved, lady... Mine grew her hair out to spite all of you.. And now she uses foul language. She just said (darn) and later she's gonna say (heck) because you people so don't accept others in your ultra frum world... She might even commit suicide by trying to jump off my roof.. All on your head guys...

Did I mention I'm leaving?

enneamom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:25 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
She's shaved, lady... Mine grew her hair out to spite all of you.. And now she uses foul language. She just said (darn) and later she's gonna say (heck) because you people so don't accept others in your ultra frum world... She might even commit suicide by trying to jump off my roof.. All on your head guys...

Did I mention I'm leaving?

She better not do it on my head. (also, I don't think jumping off roofs works the same way for birds)

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:28 pm
enneamom wrote:
She better not do it on my head. (also, I don't think jumping off roofs works the same way for birds)

Yeah.. My mother tried that trick on us too.. She told us it was good Mazel if a bird made on our heads... Man.. The shrieks (of joy?) that we emitted if a bird ever got us.. Sigh...

To be young and stupid..

rainbow

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:30 pm
Don't. Just don't. Don't speak LH about my parakeet. She's a sweetheart. She has c-ptsd, and Imas have recommended she only surround herself with supportive people.
But bshaas hadchak or bediyeved, fellow parakeets will do. Maybe we should make that a lechatchila. Foodie, is your parakeet circumcised? If yes, how about a playdate for the parakeets?

rainbow

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:35 pm
On second thought, let's just leave the birds and the out of this conversation. We were having a great time without them.
See, I'm too liberal. I don't keep my parakeet in a cage, that's how she was able to fly in here. Foodie, I can learn a lesson from you. You keep your bird in a cage.
See, a conservative g0yte has it better than me liberal Jewess.
Oy.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:37 pm
Ahhh! I’m going to do sefichas damim right now l’toeles! Shooting Arrow Banging head Exploding anger Twisted Evil
Just because I’m feeling better and went back to work today you think you can have a Torah discussion without the proper supervision?

WHO DO YOU THINK YOI ARE TALKING BEHIND MY BACK WITHOUT ME?!?!?

I’m going straight to Yael, your Rav and your 12th grade mechaneches.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:41 pm
Your a bunch of goytas sitting online all day talking LH about me! While I’m standing all day screaming at a bunch of kids...

That’s the only way you can brainwash today’s kids. By threats and screams and a good petch.

And explaining how the fires in gehenom work.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:48 pm
rainbow wrote:
Don't. Just don't. Don't speak LH about my parakeet. She's a sweetheart. She has c-ptsd, and Imas have recommended she only surround herself with supportive people.
But bshaas hadchak or bediyeved, fellow parakeets will do. Maybe we should make that a lechatchila. Foodie, is your parakeet circumcised? If yes, how about a playdate for the parakeets?

My parakeet identifies as FEMALE. she shaves. Are you okay with her level of Yiddishkeit? She eats on bone China, always puts her napkin ON HER LAP and never nurses publicly. Though she eats Wise potato chips and dipsy doodles..

ETA: Cage? She sleeps in my bed! We're very open with each other. She had a rough break up with a pigeon and I'm trying to be supportive. The pigeon wanted to eat from the floor and take handouts from strangers. She's just not that kind of girl.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:54 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Ahhh! I’m going to do sefichas damim right now l’toeles! Shooting Arrow Banging head Exploding anger Twisted Evil
Just because I’m feeling better and went back to work today you think you can have a Torah discussion without the proper supervision?

WHO DO YOU THINK YOI ARE TALKING BEHIND MY BACK WITHOUT ME?!?!?

I’m going straight to Yael, your Rav and your 12th grade mechaneches.

You LEFT YOUR HOUSE? What if a man sees your shadow! Are you trying to give us 4 more months of winter? Or a trip to the fiery gates of gehenom?! Cover up and get back in bed where every Jewish mother belongs.

rainbow

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 4:56 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
My parakeet identifies as FEMALE. she shaves. Are you okay with her level of Yiddishkeit? She eats on bone China, always puts her napkin ON HER LAP and never nurses publicly. Though she eats Wise potato chips and dipsy doodles..

Wait. Did you say she only identifies as female but she's a male?
Well, iduno. Let me think it over.
I mean, is her voice going to give away her maleness?
As for the Wise potato chips and dips doodles, it's not a problem. I'll send along organic carrot and celery sticks so my parakeet won't have to partake of your junk. Although she would LOVE to eat on bone China for once. Would it be ok for her carrots and celery sticks to be on the bone China? That would be one thing she can finally strike off her bucket list.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:02 pm
rainbow wrote:
Wait. Did you say she only identifies as female but she's a male?
Well, iduno. Let me think it over.
I mean, is her voice going to give away her maleness?
As for the Wise potato chips and dips doodles, it's not a problem. I'll send along organic carrot and celery sticks so my parakeet won't have to partake of your junk. Although she would LOVE to eat on bone China for once. Would it be ok for her carrots and celery sticks to be on the bone China? That would be one thing she can finally strike off her bucket list.

I don't want to crush you but, come Thanksgiving, we pop her in the oven and eat her.

We buy a new one tho.. G0YIM, remember? That's why we have no squirrels incidentally...

But I'll be glad to take care of your parakeet in a way that doesn't offend your religion or culture.
Why didn't you blur her face out Btw.. It's extremely... Well... It's a Taivah for Jewish men, apparently... .

simba

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:19 pm
rainbow wrote:
I know. I was at Aldi's the other day and they had a stash of black nail polish. I bought like 50 bottles in all. Was thinking that'd be enough for covering my legs too. Too bad they didn't have them in grey. Can you imagine 50 bottles of grey - that would be enough for me and my two dil's.

Did you say something about 50 shades of grey? becuase my kalla teacher suggested I "read" (I think she meant watch) the book to help me when I called her and told her that my dh is abusive. He hits me so hard I was crying, she said it's out of love and suggested this romance novel so I can learn to appreciate his love language.
I read the 5 love languages already and I guess his is touch. I left it in the bathroom for him to read and I haven't seen him in days.
Do all men sit in the bathroom that long?
Ugh..adjusting to married life is much harder then I expected.
Any advice?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:40 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
You LEFT YOUR HOUSE? What if a man sees your shadow! Are you trying to give us 4 more months of winter? Or a trip to the fiery gates of gehenom?! Cover up and get back in bed where every Jewish mother belongs.

OK thanks for the well deserved mussar.

I’m back in my place. Under my covers. No one can see even a hair.

My baby’s crawling around in the need of a bath abscess supper to be made but I’m doing wat a Yiddeshe mamme needs to do.

enneamom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:41 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Cover up and get back in bed where every Jewish mother belongs.

Right away, Rebbetzin! I'm very machmir on that one!

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:42 pm
simba wrote:
Did you say something about 50 shades of grey? becuase my kalla teacher suggested I "read" (I think she meant watch) the book to help me when I called her and told her that my dh is abusive. He hits me so hard I was crying, she said it's out of love and suggested this romance novel so I can learn to appreciate his love language.
I read the 5 love languages already and I guess his is touch. I left it in the bathroom for him to read and I haven't seen him in days.
Do all men sit in the bathroom that long?
Ugh..adjusting to married life is much harder then I expected.
Any advice?

There's a new book now. Fifty Shades of Divorce. Get it.

enneamom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:43 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
There's a new book now. Fifty Shades of Divorce. Get it.

I thought it was First Kill All 50 Divorce Lawyers.
Page 14 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics