Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I need some chizuk

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 5:37 am
I feel like I am at a low point. I am having such a hard time with one of my kids and I have never felt so lost in my parenting. I am seriously crying often and its not my type at all. None of the help my child is getting is helping in this situation. My husband and I are fighting because of this.
I may go back to therapy myself.
can any one recommend some sort of daily emunah and bitochon daily e mail sort of thing? a chinuch boost or something like that?
I need so much support and help right now.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 5:42 am
No advice but wanted to let you know that I could have written this post. Exact issues going on here.... a support group would probably be helpful
I thought about saying tehillim on shabbos... I have no strength, can’t even get the words out

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 6:11 am
I'm in a similar situation, we were going through an EXTREMELY stressful situation with one of our kids, bh slooooowly improving
It was so hard in the beginning, I remember davening to Hashem ''each child has 3 partners who are in charge of raising him, my husband and I have No Idea what to do now, please do your part! ''
Sending you hugs and davening for the issue to resolve easily and quickly ''
Yes, it's hard

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 6:16 am
We're also spending a Fortune on therapy, for myself, dc, dh, and we also started couple therapy, because the situation was definitely affecting our SB
But bh, starting to see a faint flicker of light at the end of this tunnel
It's hard to watch your own child suffer Sad

amother
Pink

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 7:59 am
I'm with you OP. Going through unleashed years of pent up anger from a teenager all on me, although the issues are not my fault. But I'm the safe fall guy. Definitely effecting shalom bayis and all the other children. So depressed, I am not functioning outside of taking care of my family because I don't have koach. I am going to be ordering a bunch of bitachon books, like Garden of Emunah and It's All in Your Mind, and rereading my books on tefillah, I b"H have the education to know the answer is strengthen emunah and prayer, but sometimes you need to force yourself when you have no koach left!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 11:35 am
OP, are you taking any parenting classes? I'm not saying you aren't a good parent, because you sound wonderful.

I thought I was a great parent, until I took some classes. I found out a few key tips that turned a lot around in my household, and it was really worth the time and money. Sometimes you need to tweak your techniques for different kids, as each kid has their own motivators and triggers.

I don't know what your specific challenge is, but if you can find parents with similar struggles, maybe they can point you to a good mentor or class to help you repair your home and your relationship with your child.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 11:40 am
I also find that with grandparenting, it pays to look up ideas online or get books from the library because the way I handled those situations as a parent may not have been ideal and other ideas and research has come along since my kids were at those difficult stages.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics