Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Update: What to do with extra cheese filling?
1  2  Next

tweety1

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 8:31 am
I made cheese danishes. I made 2 different versions with the same dough and cheese. I have a total of 40! I have lots of extra filling. I wanna do something completely different. Any ideas??
TIA!

Last edited by tweety1 on Fri, May 11 2018, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 8:35 am
You can buy frozen dumpling dough and make cheese dumplings. (kreplach. Ready made round pieces of dough)

ila

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 8:44 am
Maybe cheese cake? Look for a recipe that needs similar ingredients

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 8:47 am
Make cinnamon and chocolate buns and put a dollop of the cheese filling on top of each one before baking the buns and bake.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:12 am
Ads a bit of flour and and egg. Bake in a loaf pan. Slice and serve at dinner tonight.

SuperWify

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:14 am
Chocolate cheese brownies or muffins! Use any chocolate cake recipe or a box of Dunkin heines. Pour batter into cupcake holders, tip with cheese filling and bits of dairy chocolate.

😋

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:16 am
In the reverse - I made cheese blintzes, and after filling two 9X13 pans, I still had extra filling. I made a double babka recipe, and filled two babkas with the extra filling. Baked one in a round tube pan, and sliced up the other and put into holders as minis.

Maybe you could do the reverse, and use your extra filling for crepes?

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:17 am
SuperWify wrote:
Chocolate cheese brownies or muffins! Use any chocolate cake recipe or a box of Dunkin heines. Pour batter into cupcake holders, tip with cheese filling and bits of dairy chocolate.

😋

Yum! I've done this with my brownies recipe - make a 9X13 recipe, pour into pan, and then dollop extra cheese filling all around. You can swirl for a marbelized effect. Bake as usual.

Best eaten hot! You can diet tomorrow!

mommyhood

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:24 am
Another vote for chocolate cheese brownies. So yum!

singleagain

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 1:03 pm
Fried cheese balls, add to salad.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 1:11 pm
Cheese yodels. Buy the presidor yodels and fill. Then dip the two sides in chocolate and nut crunch.
Or bake chocolate chip cookies and make sandwich cookies with it.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 1:22 pm
Ok, after reading about the chocolate cheese brownies you guys got me one track minded now. I think I'm going go make a batch of cheese filling and make brownies... talk about cravings!!!!! And I won't be able to wait for Shavuos, this will have to be for Shabbos Morning

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 7:16 pm
Do you guys use your favorite chocolate cake recipe and just add cheesecake batter (cream cheese) or some other filling?
Or is it better to use my brownie recipe and a farmers cheese/cream cheese blintz filling?

imamother153

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do you guys use your favorite chocolate cake recipe and just add cheesecake batter (cream cheese) or some other filling?
Or is it better to use my brownie recipe and a farmers cheese/cream cheese blintz filling?

Depends on the result u want to get. One will be cheese filling in the middle one will stay like cheese doll up on top.
I’ve made a few chocolate cheese muffins. Farmer cheese sank to the bottom and was less sweet. Cream cheese mix stayed on top and was more creamy and sweeter. Probably depends on cake batter as well.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:15 pm
I just bought a box of cake mix and cream cheese so I could do a brownie with cheese topping. Does any one know if I could just do it in layers as opposed to dollops or marbelizing ? I was thinking of brownie on the bottom and cheese cake in the top. Will it bake properly? They both need around 35 min of baking but the brownies would normally bake on 350 and the cheesecake on 325 . How can I make this work?

challahchallah

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:20 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I just bought a box of cake mix and cream cheese so I could do a brownie with cheese topping. Does any one know if I could just do it in layers as opposed to dollops or marbelizing ? I was thinking of brownie on the bottom and cheese cake in the top. Will it bake properly? They both need around 35 min of baking but the brownies would normally bake on 350 and the cheesecake on 325 . How can I make this work?

Yes you can do layers. I'd bake on 325 and just monitor with a toothpick until done. Expect it to take longer than the 35minutes it normally would.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 9:26 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

U can definitely bake them in two layers and bake together on 350.

myself

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 5:01 am
ra_mom wrote:

I use my favourite chocolate cake recipe with a cheese filling of cream cheese, egg yolk and sugar; basically a cheese blintz filling.

tweety1

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 9:18 am
So here on imamother I found another such a thread that gave me thus idea. I bought choc chip cookie dough pressed it into oiled muffin pans (I used the mini) added an egg to the cheese mixture, and put the mixture on top of the cookie dough. Baked it. Then I decorated it. It looks heaven!

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:56 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I made cheese danishes. I made 2 different versions with the same dough and cheese. I have a total of 40! I have lots of extra filling. I wanna do something completely different. Any ideas??
TIA!

What’s your recipe for the filling?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics