Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Calling Shomrim
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 10:44 am
silly wrote:
How do u know for a fact that hes guilty??
The father threw out the girl from his home
Mr daskal and his wife arranged to find a warm loving home for this girl...
I cant wait for the truth to come out

Even if the truth is that he repeatedly raped this girl?

Is it any wonder that people refuse to report child abuse and rape in these communities?

All we've seen in this thread is how there must not be any evidence, he's a wonderful guy, its all engineered because of a divorce situation, "I heard he's innocent."

Not a person reserving judgment.

Not a single person expressing sympathy for this child, who was reportedly raped and z3xually abused over a period of months. NOT A WORD.

Tonight, when you tuck your daughters into bed, look at them. And realize that if, chas v'shalom, this ever happens to them, THIS will be the reaction of the community. That all of these women here will say that she's lying. Then be the change that we need.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:00 am
You can't rely on this as fact, even if it were a reputable news org it's still not acceptable. Study the laws of shmiras halashon - this thread is not good for our neshamos.

WhatFor

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:13 am
silly wrote:
I dont have the time now to write the entire story .but as far as I and many others know that the accusers father threw her out..this girl isnt even living at daskals home..
Bc hes an askan he tried to arrange and find a warm loving family for her

Git shabos to all

You keep bringing up the fact that this girl was thrown out of her home as though that somehow makes it less likely that she could become a victim of rape.

Assuming it's true that she was thrown out of her house, why is that relevant as to her credibility?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:15 am
WhatFor wrote:
You keep bringing up the fact that this girl was thrown out of her home as though that somehow makes it less likely that she could become a victim of rape.

Assuming it's true that she was thrown out of her house, why is that relevant as to her credibility?

It actually makes her more likely to be a victim as she is vulnerable and unprotected.

WhatFor

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
It actually makes her more likely to be a victim as she is vulnerable and unprotected.

I would think so as well.

imasoftov

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:39 am
WhatFor wrote:

Anyone else have a feeling that the "she was thrown out of her house" claim is code for something?

WhatFor

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:56 am
imasoftov wrote:
Anyone else have a feeling that the "she was thrown out of her house" claim is code for something?

It's code for "no need to worry about what this child says. She's so unlovable even her own father threw her out."

It's a reprehensible thing to bring up, regardless of whether you think the shomrim guy is guilty or not.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:58 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Even if the truth is that he repeatedly raped this girl?

Is it any wonder that people refuse to report child abuse and rape in these communities?

All we've seen in this thread is how there must not be any evidence, he's a wonderful guy, its all engineered because of a divorce situation, "I heard he's innocent."

Not a person reserving judgment.

Not a single person expressing sympathy for this child, who was reportedly raped and z3xually abused over a period of months. NOT A WORD.

Tonight, when you tuck your daughters into bed, look at them. And realize that if, chas v'shalom, this ever happens to them, THIS will be the reaction of the community. That all of these women here will say that she's lying. Then be the change that we need.

I didnt say shes lying and I didnt say hes innocent. I said an arrest means nothing. ppl make things up ppl confuse facts , "wellmeaning' ppl put words into other ppls mouths ...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
I didnt say shes lying and I didnt say hes innocent. I said an arrest means nothing. ppl make things up ppl confuse facts , "wellmeaning' ppl put words into other ppls mouths ...

Your victim blaming is staggering

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:

So I can take it that Imamother "Papaya" and Silly -- to whom I responded -- are the same person. Not to mention all those others who have piggybacked on your assertion that he could have been arrested with no evidence whatsoever.

But if you're reserving judgment, I'm waiting for your words of empathy for this poor child.

Or is that something that only men accused of rape are entitled to?

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:08 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So I can take it that Imamother "Papaya" and Silly -- to whom I responded -- are the same person. Not to mention all those others who have piggybacked on your assertion that he could have been arrested with no evidence whatsoever.

But if you're reserving judgment, I'm waiting for your words of empathy for this poor child.

Or is that something that only men accused of rape are entitled to?

im not silly.
im anonynyomous cuz I have perssonel experiece with the topic. you said theres investigatoin before some1 gets arrested and I said nto true. is all. soemeone , doesnt hve to be the victim itself , has to think that maybe something might have happend and an arrest is made. if you dont work in polic dept or have no perssonel experience you dont know... keep convicning yoruself that in 2018 in usa ppl are only arrested if theres a crime...

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:16 pm
I dont think this story is true. I know the family. very nice and settled people.

WhatFor

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
I dont think this story is true. I know the family. very nice and settled people.

The danger in a response like this is the it assumes that zexual predators only look like not nice or unsettled people.

Anyone can be a zexual predator.

Please don't say things like this in front of your children, which conveys the erroneous message that people who appear "nice" cannot be zexual predators, and that you won't believe them if they ever come home and tell you about an assault if the perpetrator was a "nice and settled" person.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:39 pm
amother wrote:
im not silly.
im anonynyomous cuz I have perssonel experiece with the topic. you said theres investigatoin before some1 gets arrested and I said nto true. is all. soemeone , doesnt hve to be the victim itself , has to think that maybe something might have happend and an arrest is made. if you dont work in polic dept or have no perssonel experience you dont know... keep convicning yoruself that in 2018 in usa ppl are only arrested if theres a crime...

And you keep on believing that someone calls the police and says "oh, Jimmy raped someone," and they speed off and arrest Jimmy without any investigation whatsoever, without interviewing witnesses, looking for DNA, or anything else.

You keep on believing that because someone tells you "I didn't do it, completely bogus" that they're always innocent. Even if that person is your husband or father or brother. Because no one EVER lied about being guilty.

Arrests can only be made on probable cause that the suspect has committed a crime. Police have a duty to adequately investigate the factual circumstances surrounding the particular incident and to only make an arrest upon a reasonable and adequate investigation.

Does that always happen? No. (And, in fact, usually doesn't happen in things like bar fights, where they see -- or think they see -- what happened.) Do police arrest people who turn out not to be guilty? Yes. (And are plenty of people acquitted who are guilty. Yes.) But the police don't arrest without some cause.

You sound exactly like the people who defended Nechemya Weberman.

My heart breaks for victims, who know that people like you will attack if they come forward.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:40 pm
This thread makes my head hurt. The frum community is its own worst enemy. Poor girl. I foresee yet another one of our own going OTD because the frum community refuses to WAKE UP and prefers keeping up the blinders.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:

Unfortunately, you could be the nicest, kindest , gentlest person and still be a predator. One doesn't negate the other.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:45 pm
amother wrote:

Ted Bundy was, by all accounts, a really nice guy too. Except for the fact that he murdered at least 30 women.

What a Rapist Looks Like

Quote:
Why do we villainize our rapists in a way that makes them seem imaginary? They’re rarely given names in our recollections, they’re just ‘The rapist’.

My rapist was a person. A shy, quiet boy with freckles who was much more polite than his friends.

He was someone’s baby. Someone loved him then and someone loves him now. He’s someone’s son. Someone’s brother. He’s carried the groceries in for his dad. He’s sat with that bullied kid on the bus. He’s been kind. He’s someone’s lover and he’s probably held someone in a way that he didn’t hold me.

He’s a rapist. He’s my rapist.

But, not to the people who love him.

You wouldn’t believe me if I told you that he’s my rapist because to you, he’s not like that. He’s kind and good-hearted and would never hurt someone like that. He carried the groceries and sat with that bullied kid on the bus.

And you couldn’t have raised a rapist.

Read the rest. Its worth it:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.....08e85

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:46 pm
BTW, let's not blame all Shomrim.

If he did this, he's a bad guy. But that doesn't say a thing about anyone else who is a part of Shomrim.

icebreaker

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:47 pm
amother wrote:

Yeah, and Jeffrey Dahmer had an above average IQ and he was still a serial killer. Ted Bundy was married with a child and was still a serial killer. By all outward appearances, these were men who would never be suspected of committing the crimes they did. Stop fooling yourself into thinking that "very nice and settled people" cannot do horrible things.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 12:59 pm
icebreaker wrote:
Yeah, and Jeffrey Dahmer had an above average IQ and he was still a serial killer. Ted Bundy was married with a child and was still a serial killer. By all outward appearances, these were men who would never be suspected of committing the crimes they did. Stop fooling yourself into thinking that "very nice and settled people" cannot do horrible things.

The BTK Killer was married for 34 years, and had 2 kids. They thought they had a normal life. Except he was a serial killer.

Gary Ridgeway murdered 70 people. He raped some of them in their bed. His wife thought they had the perfect marriage.

Robert Yates Jr killed at least 16 people, and despite being together for 26 years, his wife, Linda, never had a clue. In fact, she refused to believe he was capable of committing murder until police found a body in their backyard.
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics