Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Activities for a 2 month old
1  2  Next

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:51 pm
What activities do you do with a 2 month old?
(Usually awake for an HR or hr and a half at a time - 4 x a day..)

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:56 pm
Bath, massage, tummytime.
Look up physical therapy exercises for babies. You can do them with strong babies too, it is just more of a game.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:57 pm
Cuddles
Feeding
Cuddles
Diaper change
Cuddles
Love
Cuddles
Gaze into each others eyes
Cuddles
Enjoy just being there
Cuddles
Go back to sleep

octopus

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 6:00 pm
A two month old doesn't need activities.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 6:41 pm
octopus wrote:
A two month old doesn't need activities.

This.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 6:46 pm
French for an hour, then I try to squeeze in a little rythmic movement. We start our calculus curriculum at 4 months.

Oh, you mean for real? Cuddle, feed, and poop. Repeat.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 6:54 pm
Wow. All of u.
At what age do u start give the baby stimulation?
I'm not including feeding or diaper changing...
I'm talking about after feeding and diaper changing. How long does cuddling last?!
It's easy to be on the phone at that time, and I know it's not right.

At night, bath time is the activity.
In the morning, singing and talking is the activity.

What do the babies do in between eating/diaper changing and sleeping?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 6:56 pm
Go for a walk and get some fresh air in different surroundings.

Holding her in a baby carrier facing you while you talk on the phone is probably incredibly soothing to the baby.

trixx

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 6:56 pm
http://www.howwemontessori.com.....nths/

google "montessori newborn" or "montesori 2 months" for other ideas

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 7:04 pm
amother wrote:
What activities do you do with a 2 month old?
(Usually awake for an HR or hr and a half at a time - 4 x a day..)

Watch mommy deal with big sisters tantrum.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 8:22 pm
Pink hello. I posted a little earlier and I was going to add something else but I thought it was a little bit ridiculous so I refrained. After your next post I thought I would write it. If I'm off base I apologize but here goes anyway.

I am a little concerned by your question. There seems to be anxiety under it. Like what should I be doing with this baby? And I am concerned that you have to force yourself off the phone to look into the eyes of your gorgeous new neshama. Maybe I am reading too much into it because of just reading that other thread of the mom who thinks she had PPD years ago and that no one helped her at the time, but maybe do an online quiz for PPD and see what it says.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 8:34 pm
Put the baby in the swing or under a mobile, go on a walk. It's ok for baby just to lay in stroller or crib if quiet. Feed, diaper, screaming hour/s... there's not much spare time with a baby that I gotta look for what to do.

trixx

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 8:37 pm
amother wrote:
Wow. All of u.
At what age do u start give the baby stimulation?
I'm not including feeding or diaper changing...
I'm talking about after feeding and diaper changing. How long does cuddling last?!
It's easy to be on the phone at that time, and I know it's not right.

At night, bath time is the activity.
In the morning, singing and talking is the activity.

What do the babies do in between eating/diaper changing and sleeping?

You guys, chill. She is prob a first time mother. At a certain point you fall into a routine and learn to get chores done while baby sleeps but also notice that baby gets increasingly alert while awake. There are no big siblings, its just you and baby. You feel guilty being in your phone but like, this is a baby, what am I supposed to be doing with it already??

All very normal.

See suggestions I posted above

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 8:41 pm
I made a joke earlier- but OP there are books galore on this topic take baby to the local library and take out a few.

Also babycenter.com can send you weekly emails with suggestions.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 8:42 pm
I think this is an excellent question! You seem to be a caring mother who wants to connect with your new baby. If only babies came with manuals, huh?
Many don't realize how MUCH you can do with a 2 month old. Attachment is at its peak!
Connect with your baby. Talk to him/her. Make eye contact. Massage. Anything goes as long as you remain attuned and connected.
It's also ok to just let baby rest. Open soft music. Put baby under a mobile.
Good luck! Newborns are little miracles.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 8:51 pm
For me an activity for a 2 month old is putting them in bouncer/swing with toys hanging over head. After they get bored , start kvetching I switch it to tummy time with some toys in front of them to touch. For this I usually have to interact with them a bit more cuz they are a bit fussy on tummy time. After a few minutes of that maybe I either turn them over or return to bouncer seat.. Basically repeat till 1-11/2 hours has elapsed since they woke up and ate, as soon as they start to kvetch more than a bored kvetch I know they are ready for the next nap cuz they ate when they woke up, so I know they are not hungry.

headabovewater

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 9:02 pm
My child loves his play mat that has toys hanging overhead. I turn on the music feature on the mat, and he enjoys kicking and batting at the toys. He can do this for an hour. He loves when I watch him and clap for his exploits. You sound like a wonderful mother.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 9:04 pm
Mommy-and-me activities are great for first-time moms who are still getting used to playing with a baby. You find them at Gymboree, music schools (Kindermusik), preschools, libraries...usually a leader explains a little bit about infant development and guides the group through the activities. It’s also a good way for moms to meet each other and form friendships and peer support.

Woman of Valor

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 11:00 pm
At that age, I read my son books Smile Also, tummytime, maybe start reaching for overhead toys, cuddling, swinging, walk in stroller, eye contact/smiling.

erm

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 11:40 pm
Reading lots of books that have repetition using expressive voices. Great for language development! Play mat and mobile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics