Home

Let's Write the Next Great Frum Novel
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

gamzehyaavor

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 10:22 pm
aricelli wrote:
But you see the difference- sigal seems to clean because shes an awesome aishes chayil. Then you need to put in the women who gets a very worrisome phone call and to calm herself she scrubs her kitchen... I’ve read enough Israeli novels! I always wonder why they scrub to self soothe while I eat ice cream

EXACTLY!
what a crazy way to self soothe.

amother

Pewter

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 11:04 pm
this is by far the best thread on IMAMOTHER!

Boca00

Post  Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:07 am
"Invei Hagefen, v'invei hageeeefen..." Ida Klumpf gingerly picked up her cell and glanced at the caller ID. She always hesitated to answer phone calls, thereby cutting off her favorite song mid-syllable. However, she had no choice; in her line of work, an innocent call could be crucial.

This was a new, unfamiliar number, and it piqued Ida's interest. She slid her finger across her phone to answer, and greeted the caller in her best "professional" voice. "Ida's Shidduch Agency, how may I direct your call?"

"H-hi". The voice at the other end sounded very weak. "My name is Malki, and I'm calling because I need your help. I need to locate someone that goes by the name of YY. I don't know where to start, but I figured the only person who is more well-connected than the FBI or the Mafia would be you. Please help me, this is a matter of utmost importance."

Ida smiled. It was true, she knew. She was by far the most well-connected person in the entire America. "Just a minute, while I put your call through to Ida", she said in the same snooty tone.

Ida waited a beat of 3 seconds before picking up the phone breathlessly. "Hello?? This is Ida. How can I help you today?"

Malki repeated her request, and Ida snapped her fingers loudly into the phone for effect. "I know just the guy you are talking about! He's your guy if you need to buy/sell miles. Here is his personal cell #, write this down..."

Malki hastily reached for the nearest writing implement and jotted down the number shakily on a crumpled napkin. She thanked Ida profusely for her help and hung up, skipping the 20 question survey at the end of the call.

A wave of exhaustion overcame her. Now what? How on earth was she supposed to randomly call up the guy and figure out how to help him?

And most importantly, what would her husband say about this?

top mom

Post  Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:21 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Hey, was punkt thinking of this today!
Part 2 totally starts here:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....63282

Are you seriously suggesting that our Zeese, Zaftig family is novel material?! Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Like, for real? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

gamzehyaavor

Post  Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:31 am
top mom wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting that our Zeese, Zaftig family is novel material?! Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Like, for real? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

No worries zeeskeit. We won’t feature your pictures. It will be a good opportunity though to show all your husbands Teudas and your kids as well. Let’s not forget the best of the week certificates.

Dina2018

Post  Mon, Jun 03 2019, 6:13 am
I love this thread

soap suds

Post  Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:56 am
Ok, just had to point this out.

First post in this thread:
Quote:
Says things like "Why oh why" and other such phrases that are cringe worthy to read. Who says that in real life?

Yesterday in THIS thread:
gamzehyaavor wrote:
It's just GONE!
Why oh why?

Does this count as in real life?

gamzehyaavor

Post  Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:16 am
soap suds wrote:
Ok, just had to point this out.

First post in this thread:
Quote:
Says things like "Why oh why" and other such phrases that are cringe worthy to read. Who says that in real life?

Yesterday in THIS thread:
Does this count as in real life?

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Good catch! I was coming from this thread when I posted... it really should have been where oh where did it run away to...

soap suds

Post  Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:45 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Good catch! I was coming from this thread when I posted... it really should have been where oh where did it run away to...

Aww, what a shame. It would've been so much better if you'd have written that by chance. Oh well...

Modeh Ani

Post  Sun, Jul 28 2019, 5:05 pm
Hi ladies,
I love the talent here!
I direct a performing arts program for middle school girls in a small OOT community, and am looking for someone/s to look over the script I have created for this upcoming school year - to offer suggestions and make overall improvements. Our non-profit school would be glad to offer a gift (maybe a gift certificate to Eichlers books!) where appropriate...
Please pm me!

amother

Hotpink

Post  Tue, Aug 27 2019, 3:50 am
Why is there no talk of shaina shaindle made 2 steaming cups of tea and sat down at the kitchen table?

PinkFridge

Post  Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:08 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Why is there no talk of shaina shaindle made 2 steaming cups of tea and sat down at the kitchen table?

Late at night.
And remarkably, even with all this late night liquid and caffeine, she falls deeply asleep, as soon as her head hits the pillow.

oh em gee

Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 12:47 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Late at night.
And remarkably, even with all this late night liquid and caffeine, she falls deeply asleep, as soon as her head hits the pillow.

And wakes up in a fog forgetting the events that happened the night before..

syrima

Post  Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:04 am
And we never read about her washing out the teacups, they just miraculously wash themselves and scoot back into their proper place. Wink

gamzehyaavor

Post  Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:56 pm
Bumping this up for all those looking for entertainment- here's how Smile
Let's continue writing!

mommy2379

Post  Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:10 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Bumping this up for all those looking for entertainment- here's how Smile
Let's continue writing!

I think we need to start a new one!

LovesHashem

Post  Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:24 am
Did anyone see that Kichel's a couple weeks ago about All fair in war and cleaning ladies?
Will someone PLEASE write a book based on that! I would read it!

mommy2379

Post  Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:27 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Did anyone see that Kichel's a couple weeks ago about All fair in war and cleaning ladies?
Will someone PLEASE write a book based on that! I would read it!

LOL
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 Recent Topics

Page 12 of 12 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club