Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
One of each boutique

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:40 am
Wondering what imamothers think about a one of each clothing boutique for women. There would only be a one or two of each style in free size. Personally I like unique clothes and would pay a little more to know that I’m the only one that has it.
Would something like this go well in NY? If yes where do you think people would appreciate it most Flatbush, Williamsburg boro Park?
Would vintage style go well?

dovebird

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:58 am
There is already a boutique like that in Flatbush. I think it’s called My Mother's Amuiour or something like that.

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:05 am
What do you mean "free size?" You mean one-size-fits-all?

I find that those sizes never really fit me well.

But I don't live in Flatbush/Williamsburg/Boro Park, so maybe I'm not the demographic you are after.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:38 am
I have a relative who co-owns a store like this OOT. They live in a city with a decent size Jewish community but small enough that people would not want to show up at the same shul or simcha in the same outfit. So they only sell a small amount of each clothing items other than basics and they have to be really good about keeping track of who bought what so they can tell someone that their sister or good friend already bought one.

They're also really good about posting things on social media and getting people to come into the store so they don't miss out on an item before it's gone. And of course once someone comes in for one must have item then they're likely to look around and buy more. So far this marketing strategy is working for them, but you have to know your customers. It won't work in places that value conformity in fashion rather than celebrating individual tastes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics