Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Wish I had money to go on vacation
1  2  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 10:45 am
I want to go somewhere warm for a few days but we are really struggling financially. I could really use the warm weather to rejuvinate. Anyone in a similar situation? I wish I had a way to go.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 10:50 am
I know it's the warm weather that you want but sometimes a change of scenery can be helpful too. I stayed at a hotel for 1 night an hour away from home and 1 day went snow tubing and the other day went to a spa and spent very minimal money but got a little break.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
I want to go somewhere warm for a few days but we are really struggling financially. I could really use the warm weather to rejuvinate. Anyone in a similar situation? I wish I had a way to go.

I can totally relate. By me it's not so much the financial reason I can't go but for medical reasons and a few other reasons....
Anyways a lot of my family and friends have traveled this winter or have tickets to go somewhere warm. And it definitely gets challenging sometimes that I can't go Sad
Just remember that people go on vacations and spend fortunes of money on it and end up not enjoying at all.
Do you have a way of using points to go somewhere not too far?
Anyways hugs and hope you feel better about your situation soon!

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 12:33 pm
Feel the same way.
My friend offered me their condo for free in Florida but can't afford the tickets and car rental and food there.
Can't remember the last time I took a real vacation.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 12:35 pm
amother wrote:
Feel the same way.
My friend offered me their condo for free in Florida but can't afford the tickets and car rental and food there.
Can't remember the last time I took a real vacation.

If you can manage to get away alone, airfare for one person can be very reasonable. There's a very cheap shuttle bus from Miami airport to Miami Beach. You can buy the same food you buy at home.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 12:55 pm
amother wrote:
If you can manage to get away alone, airfare for one person can be very reasonable. There's a very cheap shuttle bus from Miami airport to Miami Beach. You can buy the same food you buy at home.

Thanks but my husband would never talk to me again if we don't go together . I forgot where the condo is but my friend said I defiantly need a car.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 12:57 pm
OP, me too! I feel you! Sad
I try not to compare myself to others and count my blessings.

hodeez

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 2:38 pm
We've been wanting to go away for years but there's noone to watch the kids :/

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 3:00 pm
Yup me too in the same boat. I feel your pain. No money for vacation and no babysitter for the kids. We feel desperate but it's not an option.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 3:26 pm
I was looking forward to a vacation this year-last winter was extremely physically and emotionally difficult but this year we have severe financial issues so that's not happening. It's especially hard because I have simchas out of town/country that I would love to go to but can't. I did some nice cheap day trips. Also the weather hasn't been too bad. I know it feels like everybody is going somewhere but there has to be somebody to guard the fort, right? Very Happy

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 3:42 pm
Would you consider driving to FL? The hotels aren't too expensive, and while the drive does get tiresome, it is doable--especially if you stop midway. I did it with young children. Then, you save on the air fare and the car rental.

pause

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks but my husband would never talk to me again if we don't go together . I forgot where the condo is but my friend said I defiantly need a car.

Uber. Much cheaper than a car and easier than finding parking.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 4:09 pm
OP, would staycation work out for you? Divide the kids for afew days and have your vacation at home.
Or divide the kids for a shabbos, it's so relaxing.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 4:33 pm
We once couldn't get away for various reasons. My parents moved into our house for a shabbos and we moved into my parents empty house! Was a great arrangement. We live about a 1 hr drive apart.
Any outside the box arrangement you can make...not warm weather I know but still a day away or one night in an off the main route hotel can be really inexpensiveor a big difference .

enjoying kids

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:31 pm
Have had some very rejuvenating"staycations"

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 8:42 am
amother wrote:

Oorah gives away a feee vacation if you donate a car even a junk yard one.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 9:02 am
I live in Israel. I saw a friend in the store who told me she needs a vacation, alone somewhere warm with palm trees. I told her I know of a few places less than an hour's travel away. She laughed, she forgot. Someone will have to take care of running her home.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 9:04 am
amother wrote:
Oorah gives away a feee vacation if you donate a car even a junk yard one.

What type of vacation?

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 9:33 am
amother wrote:
we all are in a similar situation!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:04 pm
I'm over desperate. Wasn't on vacation for over 20 years. While I have no young children to worry about leaving, I just don't have the funds.. I live in a toxic situation in the same home as STBX.

So throughout the years what kept me sane was imagining while getting a nice back massage in the shower, that I'm in Florida at the beach.. or in Italy or in France.. or in Israel.. etc. For now, I resort to do imaginary vacations!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics