Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Leaving a 3 month old for a weekend
1  2  3  Next

estelle

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:23 pm
Is it ok to leave a three and a half month baby for about three nights?? Has anyone done it? Im so nervous to leave her, but my DH is desperate for us to go away together for a bit. I think its just not fair on her, but I dont know if im being silly? She will be with her grandma who I do trust, but still no one can take care of her like I can...

agreer

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:25 pm
At that age it's really not a big deal especially if u aren't breastfeeding.
If you are, your supply may be affected or stop.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:25 pm
I personally would not leave a baby that young for 3 nights unless I had to.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:27 pm
I left mine for the first time at 6 months (bottle fed) for an anniversary weekend away with my parents but may have left her earlier if my anniversary was sooner. It was great to get away and SLEEP. But if it doesn’t feel right to you then don’t do it.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:30 pm
I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy myself because I'd be worrying too much which would defeat the whole purpose of the going away.

ckk

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:30 pm
I would sooner leave a 3 month old than an 8 month old though ive done neither.
Especially if she is being left with a grandmother who will love her and care for her as her own.

Maybe doing it for just 2 days or 1 day would make you feel better about it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:34 pm
I wouldn't leave a 3 month old. I wouldn't be able to relax. It's no big deal to take along a little baby.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:40 pm
The only reason I wouldn't is because I breastfeed. If I didn't, I don't see why not. A baby that age won't know the difference.

forgetit

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:42 pm
I wouldn't.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:43 pm
I did. the grandparents sole job was to watch the baby. no other kids of theirs or mine.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:57 pm
I would. Leave a sweater or sweatshirt that you've worn for a few days. Grandma can wrap the baby in it while she's holding the baby, and the baby will get your scent. The sense of smell is the first thing they develop, and it's extremely important.

Do NOT leave the sweater in the crib at night, though. Maybe tie it to the crib rail so that it's close, but not close enough to be a risk.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:01 pm
amother wrote:
I wouldn't leave a 3 month old. I wouldn't be able to relax. It's no big deal to take along a little baby.

My 3 month old slept through the night but for thos who don’t (and Gd bless grandparents who’d Be willing to get up in middle of the night) but OMG still we were so sleep deprived. And between the spit up, blow outs, crying/whining, 3 month olds don’t be make the best travel partners. At least mine didn’t.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:03 pm
I wouldn't. A three month old is not that easy to care for- a lot of it is knowing the child and anticipating what's bothering her and what she wants. I think someone who doesn't care for the baby on a regular basis would not be able to meet her needs effectively and the baby would be crying a lot. Maybe for an especially easy baby...

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:08 pm
I wouldn't but it's prob worse for u

Surrendered

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:12 pm
If the baby is bottle fed, it's not an issue. I've done it.
But don't let your mother introduce bottles to the baby for the first time.

tichellady

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:29 pm
pesek zman wrote:
My 3 month old slept through the night but for thos who don’t (and Gd bless grandparents who’d Be willing to get up in middle of the night) but OMG still we were so sleep deprived. And between the spit up, blow outs, crying/whining, 3 month olds don’t be make the best travel partners. At least mine didn’t.

I’m a little jealous- I think the longest my six month old has ever slept is 4.5 hours. 😩 it’s a good thing she’s cute...

Yes, I would leave the baby in this situation. I left mine when she was about 4 months old and it went well for everyone involved. Maybe do 1 or 2 nights though, 3 is a lot for the first time away

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:47 pm
I would never do that! Trust your instinct..the reason why you aren't comfortable is because it's not fair to your baby. Men just don't get these things Banging head

estelle

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
I wouldn't. A three month old is not that easy to care for- a lot of it is knowing the child and anticipating what's bothering her and what she wants. I think someone who doesn't care for the baby on a regular basis would not be able to meet her needs effectively and the baby would be crying a lot. Maybe for an especially easy baby...

This is what I think as well. I'm mostly breastfeeding as well so she would have to start taking regular bottles.
Im going to tell him one night max. Whoever said I wont be able to relax and to trust my instincts is right. Thank you.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:58 pm
How can you even think about leaving behind a breastfed baby?? It's not fair to the baby and to the caregivers. What if baby refuses bottles??

anonymrs

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:09 pm
I wouldn't. If it doesn't feel right to you, it's probably because your baby needs you. Trust yourself.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics