Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Being short rant
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 7:53 am
Hey im 4 9. Very Happy when I was a teenager this was my biggest issue as I I was trying so hard to look the part as I love fashion from hairstyle down to shoes . Now bH I embrace it as I realise how there's so much more to life than externals.
I have a friend thats 5.2 and is flat chested and super skinny. When we walk together she looks much younger than me as im nice and curvy Smile so I think that helps too..
I do worry sometimes that my kids should grow taller than me. I recently purchased a product that supposed to help them grow, it's called chlorella growth factor. Anyone has had experience with this?

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 8:11 am
amother wrote:
I'm short and so is my husband. My kids blame me for marrying someone so short because they have no hope! It is a handicap sometimes, but didn't realize it until I saw how much easier things could be with just a few more inches. The hardest is for my daughter in shidduchim~someone keeps giving information that she's tiiiiiny ! Mothers don't like to hear that!

As an aside, if you don't like to hear that, please have somebody call everybody as if they are seeking information on her and see who is saying that. And then take them off your resume.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 8:25 am
Hey,I like this rant feels at homeπŸ˜‰
I'm 4 11" and both my parents are short, my mother always made sure to tell us that's whats on the inside matters,like being a good person! But I do understand what being short means...
Also amother puce Im interested to know about this chlorella growth factor I might wanna try it for my daughter,did you see results?

Beingreal

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 8:33 am
Small things come in big packages!πŸ˜‰

yo'ma

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 9:18 am
Beingreal wrote:
Small things come in big packages!πŸ˜‰

And the bigger they are, the harder they fall Smile .

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 9:32 am
amother wrote:
I can manage the logistics of being short. It's the "you're so cute" attitude I can't stand.

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but as the mother of a very petite DD, this wins.

She HATES being called "cute". There's so much more that defines her other than her petite appearance (she's about 5'1, and slender-built.)

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 9:35 am
I hate when people assume I am 15 or not capable. I am older than 15 TYVM, have degrees, licensed etc. I get dismissed by too many people.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 9:37 am
If we could all just share our height and divide!!!
My poor 15yo daughter is 5'9" and broad. (Tall, broad husband 😊, I am 5'5"and thin, as is older sister).
All her friends are petite (4'11"-5'3"). She slouchs to be with them. It is TERRIBLE for her posture and she always feels like the conspicuous giant.
Long enough skirts are difficult as are big shoes that both fit, don't look like men's (or transvestite -with all due respect) shoes. The nice looking shoes have heels-but she doesn't want that.
She's also self-conscious about whose house she goes to for Shabbos, as she hates standing around the table for kiddush, and being taller than her friends' dads and older brothers.

Nobody is happy, but this should be our biggest Mieleh.

Beingreal

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 9:37 am
Op here. It feels good to know what I go through being short!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
I see it exactly opposite. I'm short and LOVE it when people make assumptions and underestimate me. Its so much fun to prove them wrong. I'm a lawyer, BTW. Wink

My sister is a med-peds (M.D. with double in pediatrics and internal medicine) and on the petite side (5'2). She is a grandmother B"AH and could probably pass for her mid 20's. She isn't fazed when people call her "honey" and "sweetheart".....

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 10:23 am
amother wrote:
Hey,I like this rant feels at homeπŸ˜‰
I'm 4 11" and both my parents are short, my mother always made sure to tell us that's whats on the inside matters,like being a good person! But I do understand what being short means...
Also amother puce Im interested to know about this chlorella growth factor I might wanna try it for my daughter,did you see results?

I don't know I'm starting today and hope to see results
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette