Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Saw something disgusting in supermarket
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 6:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And I am also allowed “to read and comment on posts from this website” and I can say puhleeeez if I choose to. Unless you expect a double standard, that is

You can also be called out for being obnoxious. No double standard.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 6:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And I am also allowed “to read and comment on posts from this website” and I can say puhleeeez if I choose to. Unless you expect a double standard, that is

Good for you! Youre also an active member

imasoftov

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Pay better attention, this was clarified at the beginning of the thread

Is the possibility a customer might have treif food on their hands discussed in halacha? I'd like to see sources. ETA clarification, I'm not asking for a source about someone who is known to have treif food on their hands, but one about whether the possibility that someone might is an issue.

Last edited by imasoftov on Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

renslet

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 6:39 pm
[quote="amother [ Pearl ]"

At one point the bathrooms at work were always very smelly and full of flies. We finally figured out that a new employee was throwing toilet paper in the garbage instead of the toilet. Unfortunately I was given the job of having a very uncomfortable conversation with her.[/quote]

Wow, you guys sound so American.I live in a country where it's the norm to throw toilet paper in the garbage can (everyone, even the very wealthy have garbage cans next to the toilet, the toilets get stuffed otherwise) and I've never seen flies or a smell coming out of the garbage can.
It took some time to get used to it but it's definitely not as horrific as you would think

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 6:42 pm
renslet wrote:
Wow, you guys sound so American.I live in a country where it's the norm to throw toilet paper in the garbage can (everyone, even the very wealthy have garbage cans next to the toilet, the toilets get stuffed otherwise) and I've never seen flies or a smell coming out of the garbage can.
It took some time to get used to it but it's definitely not as horrific as you would think

Huh? In which country is this?

FYI, garbage cans next to the toilet are needed for tampons and sanitary items, so yes, all wealthy people would have that as well. Not sure what that has to do with toilet paper though.

renslet

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 6:47 pm
I live in Brazil, and it's totally the norm here. The kids are taught to use the garbage can for toilet paper and yes, even the rich people throw their toilet paper in the garbage cans.
The toilets otherwise get stuffed and blocked.
I have met some people who refuse, cuz they find it gross, but they are constantly calling the plumber etc.
I believe that this is the norm in quite a few countries in South America and other third world countries

renslet

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 6:48 pm
I'm not saying I didn't find it gross when I arrived, I'm just commenting that there's no smell or flies.

marina

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 11:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Puhhhlease. You needn’t stay on the thread if it’s not pc enough for u

yes I could have just ignored your bigotry but chose not to. Don’t worry, I also call out anti semitic comments when I read vile things written abt pple like you your family and friends

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 11:13 pm
Yuck 😝

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 11:18 pm
Didn’t read all the replies but for all the grossed out people: news flash! When you eat in restaurants and at other people’s houses, chances are gross things are going on there too. Most people are just like that unfortunately and you can either close your eyes to it or never again eat outside your home.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 11:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You don’t think human hands are packing the nuts for KRM?

Im not sure whether the employees packing the nuts wear gloves or not (I hope they do), but when I see people in a store using hands, I know for sure.

Geulanow

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:16 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I just want to add a bit of perspective. I have been a caterer and restauranteur and I take my public health VERY seriously. In my area only a ‘supervisor‘ had to be public health certified and I paid for my regular staff to do their public health certs as well. It doesn’t mean we never had an issue, but I think we were able to minimize issues by teaching our staff about danger in food handling.

There is a HUGE difference between ignorant customers tasting and staff behaving responsibly.

I have no doubt that I could not see everything and that things happened but both me and my husband were very strict about correcting staff bad behaviour whenever we saw it. He was in the kitchen for most of the 13 hours a day we were open.

I think the onus is on the owner of the business to train staff well. And to expect responsible and food safe behaviour from every staff member. No, you cannot control your customers but you absolutely can ride herd on your staff. And you should say something when you see store/restaurant staff doing things that are bad.

Gloves are a major health issue. I actually insisted my staff NOT wear gloves per local health and safety standards. The problem is that most people wear gloves and think of them as keeping their hands, not the food, clean. Local standards include hand washing every single time you change activity in a kitchen. That means you scratch yourself, touch yourself or change from cutting onions to carrots you wash your hands in between. No hands in pockets, paper towels for drying only.

If gloves are used, you know the procedure? Wash your hands, glove up and then wash your hands and chaNge your gloves every single time you would have washed them without gloves. Every. Single. Time. Every.

Don’t even get me started with frum jews stealing. I wS very Dan zekef and so many of my customers in Niagara Falls told me about others who were actually stealing. Like the lady with 8 kids who paid for three family members and proceeded to take food for all ten family members. Or the ones who packed themselves lunches. And it was an all you can eat buffet for $10 CAD a person.

You sound very professional.Maybe you can please write another thread about how to help have food safety.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics