Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Zanvel Zevulun's wife is back with some pertinent questions.
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

top mom

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:17 am
soap suds wrote:
Zocken is definitely a boy. The female version would be Tights.

Alternatively, if you have twins - you could name them both Zocken. Get it?

BTW, I'd spell it Zucken.

I'm Canadian, so I spell it Zocken Wink
The name isn't copyright btw, so feel free.....

top mom

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:21 am
aricelli wrote:
I’m hearing xanax...

Great suggestion 👍
Not so practical for me, don't wanna mix my child and medication up I dont want to see
Oy, just the image Drunken Smile

Riki12345

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:42 am
I really don’t want to disturb the baby making- but our minhug was and will always be the most original: I steal my bubby’s Purim kraut stash from her fridge ( the cabbage meat thingy that never gets eaten but every grandmother makes). Then I offer it to all my coworkers- every type of race, gender and breed. I make sure to witness the part where they all gag and choke over it and refuse to eat. And on yom Tov when my kids devour the kraut we say the story of how Hashem offered the Torah to all the races and no one wanted...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:27 am
soap suds wrote:
Zocken is definitely a boy. The female version would be Tights.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Yeah, the triplets: Zucken, Tights and Zetz.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:03 pm
Einikel wrote:
Why only z?
Must mean you’re always tired and looking to catch some 😴!

I'm sure somebody already mentioned it but Z or 'zain' in gematria is 7. A very holy number.

flapsmom

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 1:26 pm
We have a very heilige minhag that starts months before, to prepare the house to be like har Sinai by Matan Torah we don't clean anything at all so that by the time shavuos comes the dirt is so thick that plants can grow. It's mamash such a breathtaking sight.

soap suds

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 1:39 pm
flapsmom wrote:
We have a very heilige minhag that starts months before, to prepare the house to be like har Sinai by Matan Torah we don't clean anything at all so that by the time shavuos comes the dirt is so thick that plants can grow. It's mamash such a breathtaking sight.

Hmmm. I think I can manage to take on this one. I do try to take on at least one new minhag every year. I don't want to overdo it, but I think I'll extend myself to make this work even though it's so close to yom tov already. It'll be a lot of hard work, but so definitely worth it to make Shevuos come alive for us.

I think I'll also upgrade my frying pan minhag to make sure the pan is as filthy as can be to more accurately portray the har.

yksraya

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 2:00 pm
Do you have the name zutchka yet? What about zombie? If it's a premie you name him zibele,

The picky eater can be zatkeit.
The girl/boy twins can be zemer and zmirus. (if that wasn't mentioned yet). You can definitely have 100 kids by that rate. You are young, come on!! Who knows, you might be blessed with 7 (ziben) at once!! Wouldn't that be a zaftige bracha!

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 2:02 pm
yksraya wrote:
Do you have the name zutchka yet? What about zombie? If it's a premie you name him zibele,

The girl/boy twins can be zemer and zmirus. (if that wasn't mentioned yet). You can definitely have 100 kids by that rate. You are young, come on!! Who knows, you might be blessed with 7 (ziben) at once!! Wouldn't that be a zaftige bracha!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
I’m frieing zich vi a zibala now that op has such great name options for her future zerah.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:42 pm
Thank you so so much for the laughs! I had such a hard day with my Bunin, Binyomin, Beinish, Braindy, and Baila that I so needed to relax a bit before my big boys come home from Shil.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:11 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Thank you so so much for the laughs! I had such a hard day with my Bunin, Binyomin, Beinish, Braindy, and Baila that I so needed to relax a bit before my big boys come home from Shil.

Boruch and Berachya?

Why didn't Bina and Bracha help you with the little ones?

aricelli

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:12 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Boruch and Berachya?

Why didn't Bina and Bracha help you with the little ones?

Brother!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:08 pm
yksraya wrote:

Zorro.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:24 pm
soap suds wrote:
Hmmm. I think I can manage to take on this one. I do try to take on at least one new minhag every year. I don't want to overdo it, but I think I'll extend myself to make this work even though it's so close to yom tov already. It'll be a lot of hard work, but so definitely worth it to make Shevuos come alive for us.

I think I'll also upgrade my frying pan minhag to make sure the pan is as filthy as can be to more accurately portray the har.

How’s your new minhag adherence coming along? Don’t use soap suds this week. Kay? Without meaning to- seems like we’re adopting this minhag as well... ‘nuff said.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 12:01 am
flapsmom wrote:

I do the same thing but we have a chumrah not bathe either for the whole month. We’re definitely on a much higher madriega. Last year I planted seeds in my sons muddy hair and by the time Shavous came two beautiful white Lillies looking like the luchos grew upwards from his hair. He mamash glowed all YT. Best part was we kept him on a playpen so no one could come near har sinai. It worked 😂.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 6:22 am
dankbar wrote:
I have a special dress that reminds us of the Har- you know the one that has a cone on top- I think Lev Tahor wears it for all year round- but I save it as a special dress lkovod shavuos.

Then I make kolos ubrakim, to remind us of the thunder & lightning at Matan TORAH.
I also make sure to break at least two plates to remind us of the the broken luchos.

I also set a fence around the table that holds the dairy delectable for the kiddush, so nobody can come close or touch before the intended time. , ( that way its not polished off before the guests arrive) but really I put up the fence as a zecher to the fence around the har.

I think we win the holy contest, by far.

This together with the frying pan... oh how holly. I can't help but feel proud of myself TMI I know gava is really a terrible aveira, please give me advice how to get rid of it

aricelli

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:25 am
Deck the halls with boughs of holly falalalala- wrong holiday kiddo

Metukah

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:52 pm
aricelli wrote:
Deck the halls with boughs of holly falalalala- wrong holiday kiddo

LOL LOL

Einikel

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 3:41 pm
It’s still not too late to take on another heilige Minhag!

aricelli

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 3:50 pm
Yes I can use more I’m bored ergo kvetchy and I am looking for things to do so bring em on
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics