Home

What cleaning supplies to deep clean the following

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 12:50 am
Moving iyh to a house that can use a good thorough cleaning especially the oven, fridge, and bathtubs.
What should I buy for the oven besides easy off and steel wool?
The fridge freezer I’ll use fantastic and a Shmatta
The bathrooms I’m lost. They are really really gross. Looks like he never cleaned them properly. Shower and bathtub is dark brown, not mold just so so dirty. What can get it clean?
Tiles in the foyer and kitchen also are filthy. What’s the best scrubber and mop?
Back to top

SingALong




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 1:03 am
Fridge I’d use Windex, especially on glass shelves

Bathrooms and kitchen tiles I’d use tilex or scrubbing bubbles or soft scrub with bleach. Let bleach sit for a half hour on the grout then brush away the grime. I’d also let the cleaner with bleach sit in the bathtub/sink/toilet for awhile before scrubbing.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 6:30 am
Bathroom - bleach, bleach, and more bleach. Bleach the walls too, in case there's mold. Just use a spray bottle, and don't bother rinsing it off. Open all the windows to air out.

Barkeeper's Friend is great for scrubbing tubs, sinks, and counter tops. It has grit, but doesn't scratch at all.
Back to top

thanks




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 7:33 am
Is there hard water where you live? If so, it leaves lots of grit and residue in the bathroom. Use vinegar or a lime cleaner for that.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 7:40 am
Barkeeper's Friend with a Scotch Brite pad for the shower and tub. I prefer the soft cleanser because I hate the grit, but use the one you like. You can use it all the time for the porcelain tub and shower.

You can use it on the tile floors and for the grout for this one time to take off all the junk. Buy a scrub brush on a stick so you don't have to bend down.
https://www.amazon.com/MEIBEI-.....r=8-3
They're cheaper locally.
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:06 am
It might be worth it to invest in a commercial cleaning crew before you move in. It’s such a stress unpacking etc. Will be so nice to have a fresh house to start.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:41 am
ra_mom wrote:
Barkeeper's Friend with a Scotch Brite pad for the shower and tub. I prefer the soft cleanser because I hate the grit, but use the one you like. You can use it all the time for the porcelain tub and shower.

You can use it on the tile floors and for the grout for this one time to take off all the junk. Buy a scrub brush on a stick so you don't have to bend down.
https://www.amazon.com/MEIBEI-.....r=8-3
They're cheaper locally.


Thanks so much for the recommendations! Is the the barkeepers powder or liquid for the grout and tile?
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:44 am
SingALong wrote:
Fridge I’d use Windex, especially on glass shelves

Bathrooms and kitchen tiles I’d use tilex or scrubbing bubbles or soft scrub with bleach. Let bleach sit for a half hour on the grout then brush away the grime. I’d also let the cleaner with bleach sit in the bathtub/sink/toilet for awhile before scrubbing.


Thank you!
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:45 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Bathroom - bleach, bleach, and more bleach. Bleach the walls too, in case there's mold. Just use a spray bottle, and don't bother rinsing it off. Open all the windows to air out.

Barkeeper's Friend is great for scrubbing tubs, sinks, and counter tops. It has grit, but doesn't scratch at all.


Thank you! I’m nervous to use bleach as I recently has a bad experience where somehow it got on my carpet!
Back to top

West End Tova




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:02 am
ra_mom wrote:
Barkeeper's Friend with a Scotch Brite pad for the shower and tub. I prefer the soft cleanser because I hate the grit, but use the one you like. You can use it all the time for the porcelain tub and shower.

You can use it on the tile floors and for the grout for this one time to take off all the junk. Buy a scrub brush on a stick so you don't have to bend down.
https://www.amazon.com/MEIBEI-.....r=8-3
They're cheaper locally.



Plus Lysol to disinfect.
Back to top

Amarante




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:32 am
I would hire professionals for the tile and grout to get it to the stage where it. can be cleaned.
Back to top

Amarante




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:43 am
West End Tova wrote:
Good idea. You can also have tile re-grouted.

https://www.thespruce.com/how-.....22629


Yes a professional company can evaluate and let OP know whether grout needs to be regrouted to get to a state where it can be cleaned by normal means used by non-professionals. In my experience, once tile and grout are beyond a certain point, it is almost impossible to get them "clean" again.

Many homeowners use professionals periodically because grout - especially older grout is difficult to maintain even with good maintenance which is why a lot of people hate grout lines. Newer grout can be used which is more stain resistant and also n a color that isn't as much of a contrast with the tile versus white grout.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Best mops and brooms. Cleaning tips accepted.
by amother
19 Yesterday at 11:19 pm View last post
Cleaning schedule
by amother
5 Yesterday at 10:59 am View last post
by zaq
How long does it take to clean a bathroom? And how often?
by amother
1 Yesterday at 9:38 am View last post
Keeping a clean house without killing their creativity... 2 Yesterday at 3:54 am View last post
Bona or Murphys for cleaning new Hardwood floors
by amother
2 Fri, Nov 08 2019, 1:17 am View last post

Jump to: