Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Diaper Battles - HELP ME!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 4:53 pm
How can I change my adorable 18 mth old who turns into a MONSTER Twisted Evil when I'm changing him? He will not stop turning which inevitably gets everything everywhere, shall we say, and then I have to clean him and the changing table, clothes, etc. I do not want to have to resort to holding him down and him screaming, which is what it sometimes comes to. I've tried every toy, separate toys just for changing, even my cellphone (that also tends to work, that is, until he calls China or that girl I knew in HS way back when...I sing songs which works for a minute, kiss tummy, again, another minute...

Today, he refused to let me put a diaper on, and, after much trying, I picked him up, ran in to the bathroom and put him in the tub half naked, half pajamas, until he would let me put on a diaper.

Oh, and I can't diaper with him standing up. I've tried and tried and tried, it doesn't work.

So, mothers unite - help me tame the wild beast so changing time doesn't become a constant battle. HELP ME!

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 4:59 pm
Maybe it is time for toilet training? Wink

gigi

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:02 pm
oh boy Rolling Eyes
I hear you......
I just went through that...

unfortunately can't offer anything helpful..
except to tell u .. it passes.

I had to hold her down, by force..
usually it took 2 people..
and when 2 weren't available..
I felt like I was wrestling a wild creature!

justanothermother

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:12 pm
I had a way to hold both ankles with one hand, while holding down their torso with my arm and changing the diaper with my other hand. I hated to turn it into a battle of wills and strength, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

imokay

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:24 pm
I know diapering standing up doesnt work for u, but if it's about getting the diaper on, maybe try easy ups- I found using flushable wipes with these on my son that age worked best- no more wrestiling with the diaper changes on his back, and he let me "wipe" him like a big boy.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 8:37 pm
Imokay - that sounds like an idea...Are they very expensive?

And baruchhashem, I would love to train but he's 18 mths and I don't see it anytime soon.

I just don't want to turn it into a battle of wills...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics