Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's your pet peeve?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

singleagain

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:45 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
When people do you a favor but are expecting a favor in return . When it’s always tit for tat.

When someone calls me to have a phone conversation but chooses to talk to their kids the entire time instead . You shouldn’t be calling me then.

When people don’t flush the toilet after using it

When people put their pets feelings before the feelings of people.

I work in an office. And it's really annoying when ppl come in to ask for something and then take a phone call.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:48 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
When people do you a favor but are expecting a favor in return . When it’s always tit for tat.

When someone calls me to have a phone conversation but chooses to talk to their kids the entire time instead . You shouldn’t be calling me then.

When people put their pets feelings before the feelings of people.

Yes! Re people talking to their kids while on the phone with you. People think if they have children (no matter what age) it’s an instant excuse to be rude. They don’t even apologize. It’s like it’s totally acceptable.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:50 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
When people say “between you and I”

That irritates me too! It’s seems like now almost everyone including politicians, professionals, everyone says you and I for everything, like ‘She gave you and I a gift. Would u like to join Chani and I?’

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 6:03 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Yeah, you win.

In my office. I mean, honestly. Twisted Evil

At the gym, people who leave their locker doors open. Or leave their dirty towels on the benches and floors. Or, even worse, on the floor of the shower. And leave their dirty tissues and cotton swaps on the dressing table. Or video chat with their boyfriends in the locker room. (I clearly need a new gym.)

Flip Flops

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 6:28 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

Also women who daven in Shul loudly and even read the parsha along with the baal koreh so that we can hear her!

Oh My Gosh. The one who davens shmone esrei in that hushed whisper that's just loud enough for you to hear her shppmshphashamhpschashm... I could scream.

Flip Flops

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 6:32 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Yes! Re people talking to their kids while on the phone with you. People think if they have children (no matter what age) it’s an instant excuse to be rude. They don’t even apologize. It’s like it’s totally acceptable.

I always get calls like this by work. I pick up the phone and I hear someone trying to talk while they are driving and talking to someone in the car and saying hello to their kid... and after 3 minutes of them going back and forth they say, "you know what, can I call you back in a few minutes?"
Um, did I call you or did you call me??

rachelmom1

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 6:35 pm
Oddly, my pet peeve is when people say bless you. I work in a crowded area and don't need everyone acknowledging they heard me sneeze. Just ignore it and move on!!!
shmosmom wrote:
Hi All!
Starting this thread so we can share some pet peeves. I think it's helpful to know what people's pet peeves are, so others can beware of them.
Mine is when people don't say bless you after someone else sneezes. Doesn't matter who it is, it's no big deal to say bless you after someone sneezes.
Not a big deal if someone doesn't say it, but to me I'm always like "Why didn't they say bless you"
I also hate when people burp and don't say excuse me. I have one friend who refuses to, she says she won't excuse herself for a bodily function. My toddler knows to say excuse me, please and thank you. I expect adults to as well.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 7:49 pm
When people with microphones make shushing noises into the microphone.

When it's impossible to tell where the line starts at a frum store/restaurant and 5 people sneak in front of you.

When people don't supervise their kids in stores or other public places.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 7:57 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

This!

In the same vein, whenever people use "I" in the objective form, when the word "me" is clearly needed.

If you want to know whether to use "I" or "me" in a sentence, here's a clue: cover up the words right before it. Does it make more sense to say "Someone invited [my sister and] I/me"? "Me" clearly makes sense.

Similar case with "who" and "whom." If the word can be replaced with a subject, use "who." If not, use "whom."

Boca00

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:35 pm
When I send an email, "Would you prefer X or Y?"

... and the answer is "yes".

honeymoon

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:47 pm
Boca00 wrote:
When I send an email, "Would you prefer X or Y?"

... and the answer is "yes".

Or any type of bad reading comprehension... Can you actually read what I wrote???? grrrrr....

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:49 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

Or when people say things like "As a professional interior designer, my house always needs to be up to date."

UQT

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 10:50 pm
When I pocket dial someone for 1.1 second, hang up and they call me back to see what I needed. If I needed something I would leave a voicemail, text or call back. (and yes I do miss the flip phones. You never want to be the last person I called.)

groovy1224

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 10:55 pm
People that leave their shopping cart behind someone else's car. So that if they want to back out, they'll have to move it.

When I see it I always want to wait till the woman gets back in her car and quickly love the cart behind HER car. But I always chicken out.

paperflowers

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 11:38 pm
When people tap the serving spoon against their plate.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 11:47 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

That's up there with misusing "myself". As in, "Anyone wishing to volunteer should speak to Leah or myself."

EsaEinai

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 12:53 am
Close talking. I absolutely hate when people get too close when they talk to me. I inch backwards... and they take another step closer. Ahhh!!

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:50 am
When people facetime in public. Especially if you're sitting next to me on a bench or in a park. I don't want to hear your whole conversation or have my face on a video screen!

Teomima

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 3:19 am
When people offer their help but never actually come through for you when you need/ask.

I'm probably showing my age with this one, but when people type in whatever online shorthand is called, especially (I'm so sorry to the moms here this may offend!) when it is something longer than a text message (such as an imamother post). I hv sch a hrd tim undrstng u wen u typ lik ths.

When you're having coffee with a friend or family member and they check every text message or take a call and have a full conversation with someone.

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 5:46 am
groovy1224 wrote:
People that leave their shopping cart behind someone else's car. So that if they want to back out, they'll have to move it.

When I see it I always want to wait till the woman gets back in her car and quickly love the cart behind HER car. But I always chicken out.

Omg
Yes the shopping carts. In general when ppl just leave them all over the parking lot.

No, it's not someone's job to go get them. At least, not their specific job. It's usually a bagger or cashier who needs to go get them, which means that there is now one less person to help in the front which can be especially bad on busy Thursday/Friday or right before chag. Bc their is no time for them to step away to collect them and then you come into the store and don't see the carts. And then your annoyed and we're slammed. So the manager goes to do it, and then he's not available.... it's a snowball effect. Just put your carts away. At least to the designated cart areas.

Signed a supermarket employee. Who's job is in the office, but yes, who has collected carts.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette