Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Pet peeves
1  2  Next

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 5:56 am
Ahhh I can’t with people chewing with their mouth wide open and making incredible nauseating slurping sounds.
And yes I have misophonia. (I think) I just learnt it was a thing.

Also, when people bake/cook without washing their hands or wearing gloves.
AND PLEASE DO NOT LICK YOUR HANDS IN THE PROCESS!

Thank you for letting me vent.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 7:53 am
When I saw the title pet peeves my mind automatically wondered to chewing with an open mouth. I get physically nauseous when somebody does is near me.

amother
Hyssop

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 8:00 am
I’m that person!! I have jaw issues, but since I got married dh taught me to keep my mouth closed… It’s painful for my jaws, but I have to do it to be respectful!

My pet peeves:
Israelis who walk sooooo slooooowly… I’m from NY, I’m used to walking fast and rushing everywhere.

Also when someone is blocking my path and I nicely say Slicha efshar laavor , they barely move half a centimeter and I still have to squeeze my way through. It angers me! Where I’m from, if you block someone’s path, you apologize and move to the side….

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 8:06 am
People (kids included) who stare. Up and down. And/or with their mouth open. And follow you with their eyes across the room.

Sometimes, to switch things up, I ask "Do you need something?" Throws 'em off every time. They get very confused.

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:45 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
People (kids included) who stare. Up and down. And/or with their mouth open. And follow you with their eyes across the room.

Sometimes, to switch things up, I ask "Do you need something?" Throws 'em off every time. They get very confused.

Lol I usually just look back at them until they look away.
Not in a mean way and in no way am I glaring, just to make them feel a tad uncomfortable.
Really, it’s for their own good, sometimes people don’t realize and I’m just giving them a gently reminder LOL

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:45 am
People who eat smelly and/ or noisy food on public transport.

Roots

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:55 am
double parking on 2 way narrow streets

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:01 am
People so transfixed by their cellphones that they are utterly oblivious to their surroundings. Especially pedestrians texting while walking. Move out of my way!

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:52 am
Staring at my disabled child. Move along or I’ll start charging for the show

Tao

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 4:29 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:

I was that girl who was never intimidated by a teacher who would walk in and stare down every student. Everyone else would drop their gaze uncomfortably; I would defiantly stare back until the teacher eventually looked away. Ain't nobody gonna intimidate me like that. I always thought it was a ccowardly thing for the teacher to do, trying to use a position of power to make her students uncomfortable enough to conform, and I was determinded to show those kinds of people that it wasn't going to work on me. (Yep, every teacher needs one of those stubborn kids, and that was me TMI )

I also stare down kids who stare at me until they look away. It's the height of bad middos and I always tell my kids not to do it. I don't care how uncomfortable I'm making a ten-year-old; when she stops staring at me, I'll stop staring right back.

As for me, my pet peeve is paying for shipping, hehe. I'll even pay more for an item elsewhere to avoid it LOL

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:24 am
DrMom wrote:
People so transfixed by their cellphones that they are utterly oblivious to their surroundings. Especially pedestrians texting while walking. Move out of my way!

I think this one really boils down to social skills.
Also when 2 people are having a conversation in middle of the sidewalk blocking the way Punch

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:56 am
Leaving your shopping cart smack in middle of the aisle so no one can pass without moving it.

Listening to/ watching something on your phone without earbuds on the plane.

Having someone else wait on line for you while they hold one thing, so I think it's going to be a quick line and I'm waiting behind them.. and then showing up with a full cart right when it's your turn.

Leaving the window shade open next to your seat on the plane when the rest of the plane is dark and there's a blinding light in my face from that one window.

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:05 am
My pet peeve is when people say "neurodiverse person," or worse, "person with neurodiversity." "Diverse" is a word describing a group that contains a variety of different types. An individual cannot be diverse. Society is neurodiverse. An individual is neurotypical or neurodivergent.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:06 am
Plonis bas Plonis wrote:
Ahhh I can’t with people chewing with their mouth wide open and making incredible nauseating slurping sounds.
And yes I have misophonia. (I think) I just learnt it was a thing.

Also, when people bake/cook without washing their hands or wearing gloves.
AND PLEASE DO NOT LICK YOUR HANDS IN THE PROCESS!

Thank you for letting me vent.

I hate the feeling of gloves on my hands, and I don't wear them while baking or cooking. I like to be able to feel what I do in my fingertips. I wash my hands well and repeatedly, and you know, the cooking/heat process does kill germs. Feel free to eat elsewhere.

Agree about closing your mouth while chewing.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:16 am
amother Honey wrote:
Leaving your shopping cart smack in middle of the aisle so no one can pass without moving it.

Or how about the people who simply stop at major bottleneck passageways to pull out their phones (probably looking for directions).

I was once at - I think it was Penn station in NYC- when this girl got to the top of the escalator with their luggage, and simply stopped there. I think maybe to look at their phone or some friends ran over to hug them. Needless to say, the escalator kept moving behind her and she was quickly educated on the inconvenience of simply standing there.

On that note, blocking entire aisles at Costco is particularly egregious. The aisles are so wide, you have to have a heaping level of nonawareness to block one of those off! I often see it when people are crowding for samples. And one person parks their shopping cart to block off half of the aisle, and then stands in the rest of the space with their family, all taking their samples.

Move to the side, everyone!

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:20 am
Chayalle wrote:
I hate the feeling of gloves on my hands, and I don't wear them while baking or cooking. I like to be able to feel what I do in my fingertips. I wash my hands well and repeatedly, and you know, the cooking/heat process does kill germs. Feel free to eat elsewhere.

That’s why I wrote wearing gloves/washing hands. Either/or is ok.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:21 am
Chayalle wrote:

I generally prefer not to have plastic chemicals from China touching my food. Washing hands with soap and water should be good enough. Humans have been cooking without plastic for thousands of years. Illness came from not washing hands or the way the food is stored. I don't get bothered by no gloves either.

(But I do have misphonia and in addition to chewing, the sound of a nail clipper makes me 😬😬😬. Especially when I hear someone using it on public transport - arghhhh. That is just gross.)

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:25 am
People who chew gum in public. Can’t stand it. I always wonder if they realize how terrible they look.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:29 am
WhatFor wrote:
I generally prefer not to have plastic chemicals from China touching my food. Washing hands with soap and water should be good enough. Humans have been cooking without plastic for thousands of years. Illness came from not washing hands or the way the food is stored. I don't get bothered by no gloves either.

(But I do have misphonia and in addition to chewing, the sound of a nail clipper makes me 😬😬😬. Especially when I hear someone using it on public transport - arghhhh. That is just gross.)

Oh gosh don't get me started. Back in the day when I worked in the office (I've been working from home for years) there was this guy who would clip his nails at work! clip, clip, clip.
So gross.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:30 am
Chayalle wrote:
Oh gosh don't get me started. Back in the day when I worked in the office (I've been working from home for years) there was this guy who would clip his nails at work! clip, clip, clip.
So gross.

This reminds me about my mother once noticed someone attacking their nails with a clipper during a meeting and afterwards she went up to them and asked if they were going to the mikvah and the lady who was clipping looked so shocked that my mom figured her out. But my mom was just like you shouldn't be doing this in public, let alone attacking so precisely. I mean it's one thing. If you have a hangnail you got to quickly clip off but you don't go and clip the rest of them then.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette