Home

WAKE UP!! it has nothing to do with religion!!
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


ally




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:06 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Plenty rabbanim do agree with me. Everyone can interpret torah differently.

According to rambam (If remember correctly him) you cannot inject anything in ur body to prevent disease only to heal.

lot of rabbanim said must vaccinate because they only heard the drs side and never knew injury existed. Lots of them changed their mind over the yr when ppl discussed with them possible risks and injuries


The Rambam was a rationalist and a man of science and would be the first one to object to relying on his medieval knowledge to ignore modern science.
Back to top

ally




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:09 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Right - the government can outlaw any religious practice as long as government gives a "neutral" reason for it. So Bris Milah, Yeshiva Education and Shechitah can all be banned.

Quarantine Laws only apply to people who are CONTAGIOUS. Healthy unvaxxed children are NOT contagious!


If you are worried about religious freedom, don’t abuse it by making up bogus religious exemptions.
Back to top

amother




Indigo
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:47 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Right - the government can outlaw any religious practice as long as government gives a "neutral" reason for it. So Bris Milah, Yeshiva Education and Shechitah can all be banned.

Quarantine Laws only apply to people who are CONTAGIOUS. Healthy unvaxxed children are NOT contagious!


How do you not see the difference between freedom to practice a religion and relying on religion to get out of something.

Your views have nothing to do with religion.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 7:50 am
#BestBubby wrote:
The websites quoted that pharmaceutical industry has given millions to politicians to get politicians to remove exemptions to vaccine mandates. Some sites gave explicit details on how much funding specific politicians received. You have not refuted any of this.

And you also cannot substantiate your claim that pro-vaxxers are the ones demanding removal of vaccine exemptions.


Pro-vaxers probably didn't demand repeal of REs. They passively allowed it to happen. Much of the drama was played out on sites such as this one and I would imagine that state representatives and law makers got a whiff of it to see what the public would accept.
I do know that in some communities, local doctors with a large percentage of frum families in their practices pressured local day schools to deny entry for non vaccinated students. Many of the anti-vax families only had the most easily refuted pieces of anti-vax trope in their arsenal of defense so even their former friends and community members refused to get involved.
Part of the problem was refusal to see measles as potentially dangerous, at least to some individuals. It did nothing for public sentiment to tell scared pregnant women that the pharmaceutical company that vaccinated them with a product that could fail to protect during pregnancy should be blamed rather than people who are simply contracting an illness that was a natural part of childhood until 50 years ago.
Back to top

Ruchel




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:15 am
If the charedi chief rabbis ask vaccines for their school, ti si most probably kosher
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:26 am
Ruchel wrote:
If the charedi chief rabbis ask vaccines for their school, ti si most probably kosher


Currently very few rabbonim prohibit vaccines and those who do have not published their p'sak in the media that most of the frum community is exposed to.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:18 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
How do you not see the difference between freedom to practice a religion and relying on religion to get out of something.

Your views have nothing to do with religion.


You are wrong. The mitzvah of "V'nishmartem" is the basis for anti-vaxxers rejecting vaccines.

Besides, there are other religions that clearly forbid medical interventions.

When government tramples one groups religious rights, it will ultimately trample on
YOUR religious rights (bris milah, yeshiva education, shechitah). That is why
Simcha Felder and Simcha Eichenstein voted NO on removing the religious exemption - even though they are both Pro-Vaccine. Felder and Eichenstein both stated they are voting No to protect Religious Rights.
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:39 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
According to rambam (If remember correctly him) you cannot inject anything in ur body to prevent disease only to heal.

ally wrote:
The Rambam was a rationalist and a man of science and would be the first one to object to relying on his medieval knowledge to ignore modern science.

I agree, but also I'd like to see where Rambam says what Cerulean says he did.
Back to top

amother




Cerise
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:41 am
gold21 wrote:
Sigh. Well, I'm not going to do the research to refute what you're saying here. I just dont have the time.

Obviously your information is coming right off anti-vaxx websites such as AgeofAutism and TexansForVaccineChoice.

So if you're saying our politicians are not squeaky clean, you're probably right. If you're saying that this new clampdown on vaccinations is not representing the will of the majority of citizens, you're quite wrong.


You are not going to refute what she wrote because there is no way to refute it. It's the absolute truth. Hurling insults without any solid facts or at least opinions, doesn't take any research, I know.
Steuben County received a 10,000 million dollar grant the day after the judge denied the stay on the removal of re. Coincidence, right. Rolling Eyes
Back to top

amother




Tan
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 11:20 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
You are not going to refute what she wrote because there is no way to refute it. It's the absolute truth. Hurling insults without any solid facts or at least opinions, doesn't take any research, I know.
Steuben County received a 10,000 million dollar grant the day after the judge denied the stay on the removal of re. Coincidence, right. Rolling Eyes

You mean Seneca County in the Amish lawsuit where Judge Doyle didn't even once mention the fact that the plaintiff was Amish and denied the stay in a less than 10 page decision.
Steuben County had the judge removed after he blasted the legistlature in a previous decision.
Back to top

amother




Tan
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:15 pm
NJ Senate did not have enough votes to pass the bill!!!! Go, NJ!!! Baruch Hashem!!!
Back to top

amother




Amethyst
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:57 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
NJ Senate did not have enough votes to pass the bill!!!! Go, NJ!!! Baruch Hashem!!!

It is postponed until January
Back to top

amother




Indigo
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:11 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
It is postponed until January


I'm looking forward to reading here about all the bribery that's going to be taking place between now and January.
Back to top

amother




Tan
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:04 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I'm looking forward to reading here about all the bribery that's going to be taking place between now and January.

Ah. You're as smart as the sponsors of the bill lol. Why do you think that if you thought of it, they won't? Is it because politicians are known for their honesty and straight-forwardness and sense of justice, so they're removed and above such corrupt practices? Wink
Back to top

amother




Tan
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:08 pm
This is what Agudas Yisroel has to say on this topic:
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html
Back to top

amother




Indigo
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:11 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Ah. You're as smart as the sponsors of the bill lol. Why do you think that if you thought of it, they won't? Is it because politicians are known for their honesty and straight-forwardness and sense of justice, so they're removed and above such corrupt practices? Wink


Huh?
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:36 pm
Everybody email your state legislatures and tell them to vote NO. Even if you are Pro-Vax if you care about bris milah, yeshiva education and shechita you must protect EVERYBODY'S Religious Rights - or they will come for YOURS! Agudas Yisroel, which is Pro-Vax, is working hard to protect religious rights of anti-vaxxers. YOU should too!
Back to top

amother




Indigo
 

Post  Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:44 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Everybody email your state legislatures and tell them to vote NO. Even if you are Pro-Vax if you care about bris milah, yeshiva education and shechita you must protect EVERYBODY'S Religious Rights - or they will come for YOURS! Agudas Yisroel, which is Pro-Vax, is working hard to protect religious rights of anti-vaxxers. YOU should too!


Every NJ citizen should email their district's senator - that's what you meant?
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Recent Topics

Page 10 of 10 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Melatonin- does it cause your kids to wake up...
by medola
16 Fri, May 08 2020, 11:48 am View last post
Somebody wake me up / knock sense into me
by amother
5 Fri, Jan 17 2020, 6:26 am View last post
Use of the religion line 112 Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:18 pm View last post
Status of a tinok shenishba raised in another religion 13 Sat, Nov 16 2019, 12:12 pm View last post
4 AM WAKE UP?! ADVISE PLS
by jfk92
9 Sun, Jun 30 2019, 5:31 pm View last post

Jump to: