Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Do u really believe
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:52 pm
zaq wrote:
Yes, I believe he CAN.
Do I think he WILL? As in this week? Next year? Before my grandson’s bar mitzvah?
That’s another question. If He didn’t come after the Crusades or the Holocaust, I don’t see why he should come davka now.
I do not have a packed suitcase under my bed.
I continue to stock up on tissues and tuna and pay life insurance premiums. If the geulah comes and all that long-range planning becomes aroysgevorfeneh gelt, wonderful! You know the expression: Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

That is refreshingly honest

iyar

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:53 pm
Yes.
Sometimes I think about what I’ll pack or what I’ll wear.
Will I be rushing? (Probably) Nervous? (Maybe a little fear of the unknown) Laughing? Crying? (Probably both) Worthy of being redeemed? (Try not to think about that one)
Mainly I imagine how I’ll manage to end up near everyone I want to be with.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:54 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Look at the events around the world and you will start to believe.

Yes! I heard a rabbi say this week the fact that the leaders of the nations of the world (Germany, Saudi Arabia, etc) all spoke in Hebrew and came to Israel and acknowledge the holocaust is a sign because it says b4 Moshiach comes the other nations will speak in our language.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:55 pm
Absolutely.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:59 pm
I’ll be honest.
Yes, I believe in theory and all. But I am terrified and don’t daven for it.
I’m scared. What if women go back to being second class citizens? What if I am scorned for not being frum enough? What if I have to lose all the things I love, like my books and creative arts?
When moshiach comes, they say women will have babies every day. I don’t want to! I will have hundreds of kids, never spend quality time with any of them? And what quality time? We will just be learning Torah all day, no?
What if my husband has another six wives? What if I want to read a novel, I won’t be allowed to? And what if I don’t want to boss around nonjews and treat them like slaves?

I know, I know, when moshiach comes we won’t even see the pleasure in gashmiyus and will just be happy to do hashem’s will and will find pleasure in all the above. But for now I am not there yet. So, no, I guess I don’t daven for moshiach.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:04 pm
Plum your worries are totally unfounded. your what ifs do not describe messianic times at all.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:06 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Plum your worries are totally unfounded. your what ifs do not describe messianic times at all.

That’s what I was taught. So what is it really?

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:14 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Eilu veilu. How about you don't disparage Rav Henkin, and I won't disparage your Rabbanim. Ok? Did you ever see inside the teshuva? Not sure why you say WADR because you didn't show a lot of R for R Henkin. You don't think he ever heard of the Chofetz Chaim, the Chazon Ish or the Brisker Rav????

You never saw it yourself. You said that you believe that he has a teshuvah. And I am in no way disparaging a particular rov by saying that he may be a Talmid Chochom in his own right, but that he does not come up to the ankles of other Talmidei Chachomim. They’re not “my Rabbanim” and it’s not “My Rabbanim” vs “Your Rabbonim”. Our personal Rov is on the level of R Henkin and he also doesn’t come to the ankles of the Rabbonim that I mentioned.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:30 pm
Geula is a process, a natural process of the world slowly turning to good. Like the Arab nations slowly dropping the Palestinian cause and seeking peace with Israel. It's been happening for years and getting stronger. For example the Saudi delegation to Auschwitz. And more. I see these types of things in the news so often. Medical advancements that seem like miracles. Awareness of different kinds of abuse, is like a light shining on the darkness. The world is changing slowly but surely.
We don't know for sure of all the details but we can be certain it will be only good!
We can get ready and help the process along!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:49 pm
Of course not. Why would I believe he will come tomorrow? He didn't come today, yesterday, last week, last month, last year, or the last 1000 years. Why would I logically believe he will come tomorrow? Frankly, nobody here truly believes he will come tomorrow or this week. Meaning, is there anyone here who said today, "I can't believe moshiach didn't come this morning." No, nobody said that because while we all believe that someday he will come, we have to rationally concede that we really don't know when and there's no reason to honestly believe it'll be this week when he hasn't come the last few thousand years.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:19 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Of course not. Why would I believe he will come tomorrow? He didn't come today, yesterday, last week, last month, last year, or the last 1000 years. Why would I logically believe he will come tomorrow? Frankly, nobody here truly believes he will come tomorrow or this week. Meaning, is there anyone here who said today, "I can't believe moshiach didn't come this morning." No, nobody said that because while we all believe that someday he will come, we have to rationally concede that we really don't know when and there's no reason to honestly believe it'll be this week when he hasn't come the last few thousand years.

While I'm nowhere near that level. I knew a Holocaust surviver who was a very down to earth person. Just before his petirah,(he was very sick and knew he was dying) he said "I can't believe he didn't get to see him come" and one of his kids asked, "who?" And he answered, "Moshiach, of course. I never imagined he wouldn't come in my lifetime."

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
While I'm nowhere near that level. I knew a Holocaust surviver who was a very down to earth person. Just before his petirah,(he was very sick and knew he was dying) he said "I can't believe he didn't get to see him come" and one of his kids asked, "who?" And he answered, "Moshiach, of course. I never imagined he wouldn't come in my lifetime."

This brought tears to my eyes.
Am I the only one who is terrified for milchemes gog umagog? So many horrible things are supposed to happen.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t think u understood my question. Key word really. Of course every religious Jew believes in the concept of Moshiach and we believe he will come someday, but that’s not my question. My question is how many rally believe it can be today, tonight, tomorrow and if people are honest I think most go about their day not even thinking once about Moshiach.

I want to say 100% yes but it's also something I want to work on. So that awareness, and the wanting to want, count for something, IMO.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:24 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:

Well the holocaust survivor was surprised moshiach didn't come during his lifetime which spanned many decades. The women on this thread are saying much more than that. They are saying they truly believe moshiach will arrive any day. I think the posters here are fooling themselves. Nobody here honestly believes that there is a better than 50% chance that moshiach will come in the next week or 2. Yet, almost everyone on this thread claims that's exactly what they believe.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I’ll be honest.
I’m scared. What if women go back to being second class citizens? What if I am scorned for not being frum enough? What if I have to lose all the things I love, like my books and creative arts?
When moshiach comes, they say women will have babies every day. I don’t want to! I will have hundreds of kids, never spend quality time with any of them? And what quality time? We will just be learning Torah all day, no?
What if my husband has another six wives? What if I want to read a novel, I won’t be allowed to? And what if I don’t want to boss around nonjews and treat them like slaves?

I know, I know, when moshiach comes we won’t even see the pleasure in gashmiyus and will just be happy to do hashem’s will and will find pleasure in all the above. But for now I am not there yet. So, no, I guess I don’t daven for moshiach.

Take a deep breath. Imagine what v'nas yagon va'anacha would mean in your happiest, most meaningful imaginations. Go with that.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:33 pm
There are opinions that Milchemes Gog Umagog already happened.
Many of the fears here are unfounded.

Why should Moshiach come now specifically?

Because Hashem gave a time limit! Moshiach MUST come by 6,000 years of the world's creation. Even if we don't deserve it. And we are SO CLOSE! 5780!

And is it possible that all of the mitzvos we've done in the darkest times, the Mesiras Nefesh of millions of Jews, the beautiful kindnesses... is it possible that they have not accelerated Moshiach's coming??

And just look at all the signs of Moshiach being right around the corner!

So many things that seemed impossible! That one person will teach everyone in the world? It seemed completely far-fetched! But now? 3.5 BILLION people watched ONE sports tournament! That one Moshiach can teach everyone? Why not?

All illnesses will be cured? Just look at some of the discoveries in the pipeline! Ways to grow new organs! Treatments for every disease under the sun! No, we aren't there yet, but Moshiach no longer needs earth-shattering miracles! Just a few moments of insight for scientists around the world.

Yes, we are supposed to continue planning and working AS IF Moshiach wouldn't come this minute. But although I'd be thrilled and overjoyed, I would not be surprised if we spent this Shabbos in Yerushalayim with the Beis Hamikdash.

Why now? Because now makes more sense than any other moment before, and I can't believe that Moshiach won't come early after all we've done.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:38 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Isn't such a belief a requirement to be on this site?

Join Page wrote:
Imamother was created for orthodox religious women exclusively. In order to be eligible to join the Imamother community, you must meet all of the following requirements: You must be either married or were once married. You must be female, and you need to be religious and orthodox. Our minimum requirements for determining this are keeping the following three mitzvos: Shabbos, Kosher, and Taharas Hamishpacha (Family Purity).

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:42 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I’ll be honest.

All that you wrote is a bunch of nonsense. I’m sorry that you were taught these ridiculous things about the times of moshiach. Moshiach will bring the world to a state of perfection. Having six wives was never considered perfection.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:50 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
All that you wrote is a bunch of nonsense. I’m sorry that you were taught these ridiculous things about the times of moshiach. Moshiach will bring the world to a state of perfection. Having six wives was never considered perfection.

Why not? Are you saying that our system of only 1 wife is better than for example what the Avos deemed appropriate when they all had multiple wives?

simba

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:52 pm
I feel blessed to believe. I hope so badly it comes soon and ends the tons of pain all around us.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics