Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where do you struggle in your emunah?
1  2  3  4  Next

I struggle to have true emunah with regard to:
Finances  
 33%  [ 16 ]
Children (conceiving and birthing)  
 10%  [ 5 ]
Children (raising them, schooling, shidduchim)  
 12%  [ 6 ]
Past traumatic experiences  
 8%  [ 4 ]
Employment  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Health  
 4%  [ 2 ]
Day to day problems (breakdowns, messed up plans)  
 6%  [ 3 ]
Other (please specify)  
 25%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 48

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 6:17 pm
I'm just curious to see in what areas people struggle in their emunah. I've voted children (conception) - I had a miscarriage that threw me lately!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:05 pm
my mom died of lung cancer she had a horrible death I cant get over it

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:23 pm
My Shalom bayis.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:26 pm

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:36 pm
The struggle with emunah is just questioning if it's all true, in belief in Him. Nothing to do with life's challenges.

paperflowers

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:52 pm
Your post confused me but I think it just comes down to semantics. I sometimes have trouble with emuna about things like mesora and tzaddik vra lo. I have conceptual questions so sometimes I doubt if what I believe in is true.

I think you were asking about what I think of as bitachon. It’s hardest for me to have bitachon that HaShem is helping with finances and employment, as those are the main stressors that I am currently dealing with. I would probably be a lot happier if I could just accept that HaShem is taking care of everything.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:02 pm
I answered past traumatic experience. Specifically I am so angry at someone who hurt me that I am still spewing venom / years later. This is even knowing that nothing happens without Hashem’s permission and that what happened to me was really from HaShem but I think it’s one thing to know it and another to really internalize it and feel the other person was just HaShem’s puppet in a sense. I feel like if I had deeper emunah I wouldn’t be so angry at this person anymore.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:08 pm
My struggle?
I dont understand my life.

My struggle is that I am smart enough to know that I can't understand everything but I still find it hard to live the day to day of a very challenging life without understanding or being able to predict anything about it.

I know my tikkun is to continue going without understanding.
It's so hard for me to live like this.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:11 pm
I believe in a creator, but I can't help but wonder if alot of the things we believe in are not real. This includes everything from olam habba which the torah makes no mention of, to whether god truly and really cares whether I floss my teeth on shabbos or cares about if I turn on my bathroom light on shabbos when my baby turned it off. I just wonder if half the things we follow and accept are made up.

I'll duck now.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:44 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I believe in a creator, but I can't help but wonder if alot of the things we believe in are not real. This includes everything from olam habba which the torah makes no mention of, to whether god truly and really cares whether I floss my teeth on shabbos or cares about if I turn on my bathroom light on shabbos when my baby turned it off. I just wonder if half the things we follow and accept are made up.

I'll duck now.

I voted conception bc that's what I'm dealing with right now, but honestly, your post made me think.
Of course I believe in G-d and that he runs the world, but how are we so sure that Judaism is the right way to serve him? Not that I want to be anything else, but just, every other religion out there thinks that their way is the best.
How do we know for a fact that ours is?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm just curious to see in what areas people struggle in their emunah. I've voted children (conception) - I had a miscarriage that threw me lately!

This question and the poll question are not relevant. Your question is more asking, which problems do you struggle with? Emunah is a test in any problem a person is going through. It’s the belief that even through any type of problem, belief that Hashem is doing what’s right and good for you.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:04 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
This question and the poll question are not relevant. Your question is more asking, which problems do you struggle with? Emunah is a test in any problem a person is going through. It’s the belief that even through any type of problem, belief that Hashem is doing what’s right and good for you.

Not totally true for me. Ive struggled with different aspects in life but was never nervous always had emunah itll work out until I my struggle with finances bcz parnassah feels like its all in our control. Whatever we work for thats the money we make so I started getting really really nervous when there wasnt a lot of money in our account. But mostly everything else? its completely not in our control so whats the point in worrying?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:14 pm
I was an older single and really tried to strengthen my emuna. It was a really hard sometimes but ultimately I believed that the right one was out there somewhere and I just need to be patient. And he was . But now Taharas hamishpacha is so incredibly difficult for me. If I spot or nidda is approaching I get extremely anxious. I just can’t understand or see the beauty in it.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:24 pm
Im a Frum girl, a believer in Hashem.
I'm embarrassed to say that I struggle with the thought of: How can you say that Hashem is really doing what's best for us, when we are clearly suffering in the situation were in now?

I always believed in and strengthened myself in the belief of Yeshuos Hashem Kheref Ayin.
We dont see the way out of our dilemma. I've been begging Hashem for years now and nothing changed. Every time we saw the yeshuah coming, it fell away the last minute. The rug was ripped out from under our feet.
I feel as if Hashem keeps putting sticks in front of my foot...

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:27 pm
As someone mentioned before, I also know that Hashem runs the world and HE sends people as Shluchim to do deeds for us, good or bad.
As much as I know all is from Hashem, I get angry and can't forgive the people (shluchim) who were the cause to hurt me.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:29 pm
The fact that I struggle significantly in every single one of those areas aside for one is what has eroded my faith. It doesn't make any sense and just isn't fair.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I voted conception bc that's what I'm dealing with right now, but honestly, your post made me think.
Of course I believe in G-d and that he runs the world, but how are we so sure that Judaism is the right way to serve him? Not that I want to be anything else, but just, every other religion out there thinks that their way is the best.
How do we know for a fact that ours is?

YY has a good shiur on this
The concept is that we recieved the Torah while everyone was watching.

The Muslims, on the other hand, rely on whatever Muchamad told them.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 11:51 pm
I struggle greatly with the place of women in Halacha and Hashkafa. I believe in HaShem, and I still continue to faithfully keep Torah and Mitzvos, but my emunah - in this particular area - is damaged Sad

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:15 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
YY has a good shiur on this
The concept is that we recieved the Torah while everyone was watching.

The Muslims, on the other hand, rely on whatever Muchamad told them.

This idea that you wrote is often used as a proof. I won't write the rebuttal or point out the various flaws in this argument, but if you do even a little research you'd learn that this argument is far from a "proof". I'm actually a little bothered that when rabbi YY and rabbi Kellerman present this proof, neither of them point out the problems with it. They present it as if the debate is over. I'd imagine they are both very aware of what the holes are. I feel that if we choose to believe, that's fine. But concrete proof? I've never heard it.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:37 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
The struggle with emunah is just questioning if it's all true, in belief in Him. Nothing to do with life's challenges.

Really? It's usually life challenges that cause crises in faith. One can read books of people in all sorts of tzaros (Holocaust being most available) and what kept them going but when one is faced with serious illness in the family, there's usually some time of questioning and anger and grief before all that we've learned kicks in, if and when it does.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics